Windows 10: Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze

Discus and support Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey guys , i noticed that after the last win10 update , my start menu have a big delay sometimes before it opens. i dont really know why. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Avian960, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Avian960 Win User

Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze

Hey guys ,
    i noticed that after the last win10 update , my start menu have a big delay sometimes before it opens.
    i dont really know why.
    and sometimes its just freeze , and when i keep pressing on the windows icon (on the left side bottom) its just does nothing.
    i really dont get it..
    why it happens..

Geforce GTX 970

Intel Core i5 6500 3.2 GHz

8GB Kingstom RAM.

:)

Avian960, Sep 25, 2016
  2. kor xp Win User

Can't move mouse while typing even after changing settings

I went through the mouse settings via start menu and turned delay to "no delay (always on)". Then I clicked on Additional Mouse Settings and turned everything in smart sense off in the Synaptics settings. When I type (arrow keys or letters), the mouse is
    able to move for a fraction of a second before freezing (when typing first) or freezes, then moves for a fraction of a second, and freezes again (when moving the mouse first). I reinstalled the driver and that didn't work either.

How do I fix this?

kor xp, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Windows 10 start menu is not open and give me an error code (without a number)

Windows 10 start menu is not open, Cortana and the task bar is freeze.

Windows is update

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

MirtaRuiz Herrera, Sep 25, 2016
  4. cmc3215 Win User

Try uninstalling your Nvidia graphics card drivers and reinstalling them fresh, worked for two of my computers. The only two of four that had issue were the ones using Nvidia cards.

cmc3215, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze - Similar Threads - Start menu delay

2. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  3. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu freezes: The start menu freezes and its really pain I need to restart the computer since once it freeze the whole machine cant be access. I need hep on this. No updates pending on my machine so updates will not help. The only thing help is restarting the whole machine, but it is time...
  4. Start menu freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 20h2 Start Menu Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20h2 Start Menu Freezes: Hi Community, I have a problem with the Start menu taskbar. All System icons cannot be click and I cannot search using Windows search. Any advice? Regards....
  6. Windows 10 start menu delay

Windows 10 start menu delay: Hi, I've experienced delays on the start menu on Windows 10 since time ago. I even reinstalled it from scratch but still being delayed by around 2 seconds and it's quite annoying, specially because I can't tell what can cause it. Every component in my computer is up to...
  7. start menu delay

start menu delay: Whenever i open start in win 10 it opens quickly but later it opens after some delay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-delay/7b658f5d-fd7c-4bfe-9cc8-02aab9ff6f5b
  8. Start Menu Freeze

Start Menu Freeze: I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro. No incompatibilities were reported during that process and W10 worked fine on my primary user account. Several days after the install, I went to set up my wife's infrequently used second user. I got there...
  9. Windows 10 start menu still freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu still freezes: I re-upgraded from 7 to 10 yesterday to give this OS another try. Most all of it has gone smoothly except for the start menu won't come up half the time. I ran sfc /scannow, no integrity violations. I changed the log in creds and put in a password. The reason being, the only...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay): Hello! I have not find solutions on forum so i decided to post new thread. I have really burst issue with start menu. When i click on start button start menu does not show immediately, it appear with delay, only after half a sec or more. Problem arise after 24-30 hours...