Windows 10: Windows 10 Start menu Folders not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Start menu Folders not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello , I have clean installed windows 10 pro Version 1511, Now i am having problem with start menu as my all tiles from start menu went missing when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fahad, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Fahad Win User

Windows 10 Start menu Folders not working

Hello , I have clean installed windows 10 pro Version 1511, Now i am having problem with start menu as my all tiles from start menu went missing when i turned on my PC.Only some of apps tiles i can see in start menu those i added my self all are missing and when i go to All Apps and there i found folder of programs like Microsoft Office 2016 i am unable to open that folder it does not work for me anymore.

I am able to use those apps which are not in kept in folder in Start Menu.

When i search for Microsoft edge browser in Cortana search but it does not help me to locate Microsoft edge browser *Sad

Please help what to do? I have tried Start menu troubleshooter but no success *Sad*Sad*Sad*Sad
    *Rolleyes

I don't want to lose my al those programs which installed in my PC please recommend me any fix ......*Rolleyes*Rolleyes*Rolleyes

:)

Fahad, Jul 19, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Jul 19, 2016
  3. How to create folders in Windows 10 Start Menu? Problems with shortcuts

Some weeks ago I could create folders in the Start Menu of Windows 10; now I cannot.

I cannot do this in the Current User Start Up folder (in App folder; access by means of Alt+R, shell:start menu) nor in the All Users Start Up folder (in ProgramData; access by means of Alt+R, shell:common start menu). In both cases I can create the
    folder but it does not appear in the Start Menu.

Also: If I copy shortcuts from the Desktop to these Star Menu folders, the shortcuts do not appear in the Start Menu. Even the option to create shortcuts does not appear in the contextual menu (right mouse click) of the All Users Start Menu folder.
    The only way I found to create shortcuts to these folders is: create a shortcut in the Current User folder and copy it, if desired, to the All Users folder. To create a shortcut to the Current User folder I can also copy the EXE file and paste it in the current
    user folder as a shortcut.

Can all this be solved in my computer, or it is the normal way the current version of Windows 10 works?

PereCasanellas, Jul 19, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Start menu Folders not working

1. Windows 10 Start menu Folders not working - Similar Threads - Start menu Folders

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and I've noticed that my Start Menu is not functioning properly. When I click on the Start button, nothing happens. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu Troubleshooter, but the issue persists. Can someone...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: Hello,For the past couple months, we have been having issues with start menu not working for some users. The issue would start randomly. The also affects Outlook and teams. Both applications would disconnect. The only thing that helps fix this issue is rebuilding user...
  4. Windows 10 start menu is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu is not working: Hi, I was recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 and it was initially worked smoothly after two days I am getting unexpected error messages like temporary account will not work please sign out and sign in. And in regedit under windows NT I removed . bak file and...
  5. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu: I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to...
  6. Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu: I did this before, but can't seem to duplicate it now. I did a Clean Reinstall of Windows 10 not long ago & I am trying to add a folder to the Windows 10 Start Menu. I know I can go to: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs & add shortcuts in this folder to...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I have tried the powershell command with no luck. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name:...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: My Windows 10 start menu will not work. My reliability monitor results are below and state that ShellExperienceHost.exe is crashing whenever I click on the start menu. I have tried using the system file checker using sfc /scan. Using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu not working: my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help. 29480