Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Well that's interesting. Thanks for that. Blackrose and I are SLI but don't think Patrick is. The problem for me is so intermittent. The missing tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by specialkone, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming

Well that's interesting. Thanks for that. Blackrose and I are SLI but don't think Patrick is. The problem for me is so intermittent. The missing tiles again haven't happened since the last time I reported it a week ago.

I'm no expert but I don't think Windows 10 memory management (which seems to keep changing from release build to build) gets along well with SLI. The advertising was that DX12 would stack the memory in each card which is important for a guy like me with two 2 gig cards. Of course we are yet to see a DX12 game, almost 7 months after Windows 10 release. I'll wait to see how DX12 games perform with my SLI setup. If there are issues, my next video card purchase will be a single card so that will get rid of any possible SLI issues once and for all.

specialkone, Feb 8, 2016

2. I've gone from SLI 970s to a single 980 Ti and haven't had the issue since. I think SLI is at least somewhat responsible for the missing tiles issue.

blackroseMD1, Feb 9, 2016
  3. That's a smart move IMHO.

Newegg, the 980TI's are mostly over $900 CDN (real money to me*Smile) and then add 16% sales tax. I'm going to wait. Maybe Pascal by mid year and I'll look at AMD (Polaris) or whatever they have to offer. Maybe there will actually be direct x12 games out (LOL) in the next 6 months so I can see some benchmarking with the new architecture.

specialkone, Feb 9, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming

Yeah, the only reason I made the jump was because a friend offered me his second 980Ti at a ridiculously low price ($450 USD). No way I could pass that up. I'm definitely seeing less issues in GTA V with a single card vs SLI.

As for DX12...I tried to wait, but my FX8350 is holding back my new GPU pretty badly, so my new i5 6600K and DDR4 3200 RAM arrived this morning. *Biggrin

blackroseMD1, Feb 9, 2016
  5. Skylake 6600K. Four cores, 3.50GHz frequency, 3.90GHz maximum Turbo Boost frequency, 6MB last-level cache, dual-channel DDR3/DDR4 memory controller with 1600MHz or 2133MHz support, Intel HD Graphics 530-series integrated graphics core, LGA1151 packaging. Nice.

With that speed and memory speed I think you will need something like this to keep up *Smile

"Being the flagship of the lineup, NVIDIA will make their GP100 GPU their first graphics chip to support HBM2 memory with up to 1 TB/s of bandwidth and 32 GB VRAM"

I'm trying to convince myself of that with my now dated rig. I suspect the Pascal pricing when it first comes out will stop me cold. But maybe not if there are actually Direct X12 PC games out and Direct X12 and Pascal deliver performance like the rumour mills are predicting. I might get pretty "warmed up".

specialkone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons/Tiles Missing After Gaming - Similar Threads - Start Menu Icons

2. Windows 10 start menu icon is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu icon is missing: Hi! I have some issue with my computer, a lot of my icons in the start menu went missing. I don't know why but when I repin the apps it will show a blank icon and it won't open pleaae I need help....
  3. Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tile Blank After Changing Icon: I have an Access shortcut to my database which I store in the Users....Star Menu/Startup. The tile in the start menu is blank when I unpin it and then repin it with the new icon. I even changed it back to the default icon and it didn't help. Now I must re-create the...
  4. Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing: W10 Ver 1903 On occasion, all my chrome tiles will disappear from my Start Menu...usually following a W10 update. It's very frustrating. I've stopped trying to customize my start menu directly with Chrome shortcuts. My solution is to use standard Windows folders to hold my...
  5. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  6. Startup Menu tile icon missing

Startup Menu tile icon missing: Tile of UWP apps does not show icon in startup menu, the tile is blank and just display background colors. Name of app could be displayed only when in medium size. Other informations: 1. Only newly installed UWP apps have this problem. 2. Before the problem shows up, I...
  7. missing start menu tiles in Vsion 10, 1903

missing start menu tiles in Vsion 10, 1903: Following the upgrade to Build 1903, the tiles are missing from the start menu. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-start-menu-tiles-in-vsion-10-1903/b74d8c29-5e60-417b-8d6f-52707b215b48
  8. (Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (Resolved) Windows Update missing icons in tiles in Start Menu after updating KB4467682 on...: Hi, After I install an update for Windows today, some of the icons in my Start Menu went missing. I used the Microsoft Automated Assistance, that we couldn't communicate at all. I was asking about Update, she (it) was asking me about if I would like to change the size of the...
  9. Missing tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing tiles in the start menu: I remember that after I had upgraded to Windows 10, my local account wasn't available and the system logged me in with a temporary profile. Then when I logged in with my account, some of the tiles from the start menu had disappeared. I've tried opening powershell and...
  10. After restart the tiles and icons dissapear in the start menu ???

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    After restart the tiles and icons dissapear in the start menu ???: I have been working with my computer with Windows 7 Pro for manyyears without any problem. My graphics card is the GTX 570 from Asus. It uses Nvidia drivers. After upgrading to Windows 10 i am having problemswith the view of Windows menus and pages. After every restart...