Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay)

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! I have not find solutions on forum so i decided to post new thread. I have really burst issue with start menu. When i click on start button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by alexeymakarov, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay)

Hello! I have not find solutions on forum so i decided to post new thread.
    I have really burst issue with start menu. When i click on start button start menu does not show immediately, it appear with delay, only after half a sec or more.

Problem arise after 24-30 hours (more or less) using PC. By the way Cortana does not work at all when start menu got lag. Reboot resolve problem temporary, but its not a solution.

I tried many ways to resolve it. Reinstall OS 3 times (clear install), reinstall video drivers, use this (below) FAQ for early version of win 10, but nothing again. i hope u can help me with it.

Code: Problem Description When opening Start Menu under system built-in Administrator account in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9926 installed, there is no respond. Note: UAC should be turned on. Solution Enable the Group Policy: User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account. 1. Open Run, type secpol.msc, Press Enter. 2. Expand the following items by sequence: Local Policies\Security Options 3. Find the policy and switch its status to Enabled. 4. Logoff built-in Administrator account and login again. Note: Sometimes other user accounts may also encounter the similar problem, we can try to use the command below to register APP component for test: Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}[/quote] Now i have Windows 10 Pro x64 10240

:)

alexeymakarov, Aug 4, 2015

2. Start menu lag/delay.

Start menu lag/delay.

Hello! My start menu from windows 10 doesn't work properly,it takes to load 1 second sometimes.I tried to disable the animations and its the same.

Alex B. (A.B.), Aug 4, 2015
  3. Start menu lag/delay.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 4, 2015
  4. mkdr Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay)

Half a sec lag seems normal though. Is it an older pc? SSD? Cortana stopping to work also is normal, aka a bug. There a lots of those bugs which will sadly (hopefully) be fixed in the upcoming big patch in 2-3 months.

mkdr, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Lag appears like i said after 20-30 hours when pc is on. before it start menu and cortana works very well and smoothly. Its not older pc - i7, 16Gb (2 x 8Gb) DDR3 1600Mhz, GTX 970, SSD ADATA A900 512 GB. When i was on 8.1 or 8, pc was on 2-3 weeks in a row without any lag.

As i see it depends on hardware configuration, right? video drivers or something else? only i have to do its wating for patch and suffer or maybe there is any solution to completly get rid of it?

6. mkdr Win User
    Could be a memory leak of cortana or start menu, yes, I guess you have to wait for big/first service pack. I asked if it's older, because on my "very old" laptop start menu is laggy and takes way longer to load than other PCs, but your machine isn't affected by that, it's too new.

mkdr, Aug 4, 2015
  7. On my old second PC it works well so because of this problem annoys me more on new one.

Im tired of rebooting every time... *Mad

8. mkdr Win User

I havent noticed a start menu lag though on my Ultrabook and I never reboot it, it always goes to suspend to ram. You said after 24-30, do you let the PC stay always on? Why? Is it laggy after coming back out of standby too? But I also have deactivated cortana.

mkdr, Aug 4, 2015
  9. I used to leave PC on at night or when i dont use it. before yesterday i applied this FAQ (on top), yesterday evening when i leave pc it worked fine, but today morning start got lag again. hole night i have not use it at all.

i tried turn off cortana but its helpless.

10. mkdr Win User
    Try to use STR if you dont need the pc (over night), and look if lag is still present, waking up from ram takes 1-2 seconds...

11. mkdr, you mean sleep mode? i will try it, of course, but its not a solution anyway. This problem is the only problem now i have noticed. All other functions works pretty well and fast.

12. mkdr Win User
    Yes sleep mode (to ram, not hibernate), and why isnt it an option. You shouldnt let your PC stay on 24/7 if it's not a server, it lets age your components, and it uses energy for nothing.

13. Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay)

I will try it. Thanks. I will let this thread open anyway, maybe someone have a solution.

14. matt6575 Win User
    I have this same problem as well after so many hours of usage. The problem appears to be with cortana. Next time it happens open task manager and end the cortana task. It will restart itself after a couple seconds. Now try the start button again. Should be quick.

matt6575, Aug 4, 2015
  15. Thanks man. Ill try it when problem appear again. So i understand there is no 100% solution? only wait for patch from Microsoft.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start Menu lag (delay) - Similar Threads - Start Menu lag

2. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu lags drastically: Unable to start my daily session since my apps in start menu keeps on lagging. I open the apps but it will take couple of minutes to open then it will close. It happens in every apps....
  3. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start menu lags drastically: Unable to start my daily session since my apps in start menu keeps on lagging. I open the apps but it will take couple of minutes to open then it will close. It happens in every apps....
  4. start menu lags drastically

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 lag/delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lag/delay: Hello I have had this Acer Aspire V5 122p-0864 laptop for some time, but recently I have just updated to windows 10 and have been experiencing bad cursor lag and keyboard delay. I was wondering if there is any thing I could do to fix the problem while remaining on windows...
  6. cursor delay lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor delay lag: while using a brush on any software i notice a delay between the mouse and a brush, the mouse creates a distance when i start moving and the brush falls behind but come back to wheres the cursor when i stop moving example pic& gif it happens on any software...
  7. Start menu Lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu Lag: Hello everyone ! I run on windows version 1909 and all of a sudden last week my start menu would lag and have a delay of about 3 seconds before actually popping up. I always search stuff on my computer by pressing the Windows button and typing in, but because of this weird...
  8. Windows 10 start menu delay

Windows 10 start menu delay: Hi, I've experienced delays on the start menu on Windows 10 since time ago. I even reinstalled it from scratch but still being delayed by around 2 seconds and it's quite annoying, specially because I can't tell what can cause it. Every component in my computer is up to...
  9. start menu delay

start menu delay: Whenever i open start in win 10 it opens quickly but later it opens after some delay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-delay/7b658f5d-fd7c-4bfe-9cc8-02aab9ff6f5b
  10. Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Start menu delay / freeze: Hey guys , i noticed that after the last win10 update , my start menu have a big delay sometimes before it opens. i dont really know why. and sometimes its just freeze , and when i keep pressing on the windows icon (on the left side bottom) its just does nothing. i...