Windows 10: Windows 10 Start menu not opening

Discus and support Windows 10 Start menu not opening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, A rather strange problem. A client came in with a laptop today. On this the Windows Ten start menu is not opening. I had gone through the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hayden93, May 9, 2018.

1. Hayden93 Win User

Windows 10 Start menu not opening

Hi all,

A rather strange problem. A client came in with a laptop today.
    On this the Windows Ten start menu is not opening. I had gone through the walkthrough advising an SFC scan, in addition to that I ran the command Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

To no avail the issue has persisted. I made a restore point to before I started repairs as per usual. I could do this through the Cortana search bar as this function is still working.

Any support is muchly appreciated
    -Hayden

:)

Hayden93, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start menu not opening

1. Windows 10 Start menu not opening - Similar Threads - Start menu opening

2. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Start menu not opening on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am encountering a problem with the start menu and search bar on my Windows 10 laptop. Symptoms: I cannot open the start menu, neither with the bottom left icon neither with the windows key on my keyboard. When I do any of these two actions, a new process...
  3. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not opening on Windows 10: Hello everyone, I am encountering a problem with the start menu and search bar on my Windows 10 laptop. Symptoms: I cannot open the start menu, neither with the bottom left icon neither with the windows key on my keyboard. When I do any of these two actions, a new process...
  4. Start menu not opening on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.: Hello, i've been having a problem the past few hours. I use Opera GX, and it wouldn't open. I didn't give any importance to it yet, and i continued using my PC as usual. After some time, i got a bit irritated and wanted to restart the PC, only to see that the start menu,...
  6. Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Start menu won't open.: Hello, i've been having a problem the past few hours. I use Opera GX, and it wouldn't open. I didn't give any importance to it yet, and i continued using my PC as usual. After some time, i got a bit irritated and wanted to restart the PC, only to see that the start menu,...
  7. Can't open start menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open start menu in windows 10: After upgrading to windows 10, I can't open start menu everything else is working superfine, but the start menu doesn't work even if pressing the Windows button on keyboard or start button on the Windows taskbar...
  8. windows 10 start menu will not open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 start menu will not open: I receive critical message ( start menu will not open will fix it next time you sign in) but it does not ,I have lost all internet connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-start-menu-will-not-open/82692eeb-28e1-4e26-8c82-177020a82e03
  9. Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.: Everything was working perfectly until all these issues came up at the same time. Anyone know anything that would resolve this problems?Already tried restarting the computer, SFC /scannow on PowerShell, and restarting explorer.exe. They sometimes provide temporary fixes but...
  10. Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and Cortana Not Opening - Windows 10: My start menu will not work in Windows 10. Cortana/Search also doesn't work. When I click it, it does nothing. If I right click on my search bar, I see a bunch of options like "Disk Management" and "Control Panel." These are clickable, except for "Search," which does...