Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu not working

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lubyn, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Lubyn Win User

Windows 10 start menu not working

my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help.

:)

Lubyn, Nov 10, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Nov 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu right click menu not working

I am having the same issue. I'm not sure how creating a local user account in Windows 10 will help. Can you explain? It seems like extra work and I'm not sure why it was working before and not working now.

MahoganyColeman, Nov 10, 2015
  4. OLDJACK Win User

It's a real pain, Microsoft still haven't made the "Start Menu" stable. I would suggest that you use the Windows button and "X" together then select "Shut Down or Sign Out" then select "Restart". I've found this to work and usually the restart cures the problem, BUT, we shouldn't be faced with this basic failure of Windows. This also applies when the "notification menu" fails too.

OLDJACK, Nov 10, 2015
  5. Almighty1 Win User
  6. Whatphoeb Win User
    Open file explorer (or right click on start menu, select run, type explorer). Right click on start menu, select task manager, look for windows explorer (should be right at the top) right click windows explorer, select restart and try clicking on your start menu after your screen refreshes. Not sure if it will work for you.

Whatphoeb, Nov 11, 2015
  7. OLDJACK Win User
    Almighty 1 ....I haven't got Dropbox so that isn't the basic problem,but, thanks for your suggestion. I'll try Whatphoeb on the next failure. There seems to be a number of solutions but shouldn't Microsoft be attending to this problem?

OLDJACK, Nov 11, 2015
  8. Windows 10 start menu not working

Cluster Head, Nov 11, 2015
  9. Almighty1 Win User
    I have dropbox installed but mines only happens a few days before a month after the last upgrade install and it is always after a reboot and logging in when HDDHealth complains that it cannot write to C:\Program Files (x86)\HDDHealth\_identity.bin and keeps repeating.

Almighty1, Nov 11, 2015
  10. Lubyn Win User
    This does not make any difference

Lubyn, Nov 20, 2015
  11. NitroBAY Win User
    Same problem here. Why do Microshit doesnt fix this major problem 1 year later. Not first time I've this but I donj't have restore point this time so in all I waste weeks in trying fix again and again this ********** ****************** *************** *** ********** ******* *********** *********** OS of **** ****. I waste thoushands of dollars and hours in crucial time for this shit. I could reclame damage and interest at this point

NitroBAY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 start menu not working - Similar Threads - start menu working

2. Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and I've noticed that my Start Menu is not functioning properly. When I click on the Start button, nothing happens. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu Troubleshooter, but the issue persists. Can someone...
  3. Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and I've noticed that my Start Menu is not functioning properly. When I click on the Start button, nothing happens. I've tried restarting my computer and running the Start Menu Troubleshooter, but the issue persists. Can someone...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: Hello,For the past couple months, we have been having issues with start menu not working for some users. The issue would start randomly. The also affects Outlook and teams. Both applications would disconnect. The only thing that helps fix this issue is rebuilding user...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: Hello,For the past couple months, we have been having issues with start menu not working for some users. The issue would start randomly. The also affects Outlook and teams. Both applications would disconnect. The only thing that helps fix this issue is rebuilding user...
  6. Windows 10 start menu is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu is not working: Hi, I was recently installed version 2004 of Windows 10 and it was initially worked smoothly after two days I am getting unexpected error messages like temporary account will not work please sign out and sign in. And in regedit under windows NT I removed . bak file and...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I frequently receive the message "HPUTSCH not working". I...
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I have tried the powershell command with no luck. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name:...
  10. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: My Windows 10 start menu will not work. My reliability monitor results are below and state that ShellExperienceHost.exe is crashing whenever I click on the start menu. I have tried using the system file checker using sfc /scan. Using DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...