Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10! When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WareNetwork3264, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

I have been having a problem with my start menu in Windows 10!

When I search up a program like "Paint" or "Photoshop" it does not show up! However, built-in apps such as "Settings" and "Edge" show up!

I have tried rebuilding the search index with no luck so far!

I also tried restarting Cortana and even re-registering it! Still no luck!

What should I do to fix my start menu search bar?

:)

WareNetwork3264, Jul 24, 2017

2. In Windows 10 on a new computer a program that has a desk top icon doesn't show in the program list in the Start menu.

In Windows 10 on a new computer a program that has a desk top icon doesn't show in the program list in the Start menu so that I can pin it to either the Start Menu or the Task bar. How do I get the program to show in the list. I have tried
    to search for it that doesn't locate it either.

Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization.

KarnMadding, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Minimized programs not showing in task bar, cortana shows searched programs but clicking does not work, not all programs are shown in start menu

Hi some issue, that may be related

-Minimized programs do not show in the task bar, nor with ALT+TAB

- cortana search shows searched programs found but clicking on them does not open them

- not all programs are shown in start menu

This only with my user (admin)

What to do?

giulioenrico, Jul 24, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

Perhaps see
    Windows 10 search not working Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    post #10

Unfortunately, this is a rather common problem - feel free to search for other such threads.

(Note: like many others, I prefer Classic Shell start menu (free) - it is very configurable, has excellent search features, supports deeply nested (large) start menus- Win 10's doesn't- and is trouble-free).

dalchina, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Search Bar Not Showing Programs - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. windows 10 start menu search bar

in Cortana
    windows 10 start menu search bar: Hello, i recently installed windows 10 on my new computer and have noticed that the search bar doesnt work, whenever I use the search bar it only gets to about 3 letters, freezes then closes after about 10-15 seconds if anyone could explain why this is happening or howIi...
  3. Errro with Start Menu and start search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Errro with Start Menu and start search bar: I need help with the error in the image attached. I don't know if it is a virus. I have updated windows but still this problem. I can't type in Microsoft word document i get this \\\\\ where every i try to type. The image below is when i try to open the start menu.[ATTACH]...
  4. Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Not Showing New Programs in the Results: When I attempt to search for newly installed programs via the start menu search, they do not appear. Programs that I have had for a long time do still appear in search results. I have tried restarting the windows search service, restarting windows explorer, restarting the...
  5. PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU: Hey there! I have a problem, few days ago I noticed that I dont have all my programs in start menu, they are all gone and when I search for them in search box I cant find them there....
  6. No Search Bar in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Search Bar in Start Menu: Hello, My start menu has no search bar. I looked this up on the forum, and one answer was to go into Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows features on or off -> check mark the box for 'Windows Search' -> Reboot. Problem 1: 'Windows Search' is not on my list...
  7. Start Menu Search Bar

in Cortana
    Start Menu Search Bar: Prior versions of windows allowed me to hit the handy-dandy start-menu button, type a document name in the search bar, and recent documents I pulled up with the search words would show up - the charm of that feature was that I could close a document or spreadsheet confident...
  8. Start Menu Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Search Bar: [ATTACH] I messed up something and now when ever i type something in the start menu search bar, i see a preview pane like something (containing open,open file location,pin to start,pin to taskbar)beside the search results.I don't want my search bar like this, i want my...
  9. Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs in start menu aren't showing up in Windows search: I have a video here for demonstration. Essentially programs in the start menu aren't showing up. Simple as that. This is a fresh install of the latest creators update, literally straight from the ISO on the Media Creation Tool. Any help appreciated. 82081
  10. Windows 10 start menu search programs only

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu search programs only: When you open the start menu, is there a way that when you start typing, it displays only programs installed starting with those letters? Or at least show more than just the top 3 options? In windows 8.1 you could have just your programs displayed, and typing would only...