Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu Won't Turn Off

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu Won't Turn Off in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi! I have quick question. For the past two or three days the full screen start menu on my laptop hasn't been able to be turned off. I went to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by hunterraye96, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Won't Turn Off

Hi! I have quick question. For the past two or three days the full screen start menu on my laptop hasn't been able to be turned off. I went to the settings and turned it off, but it still won't turn off. I took off all of my shortcuts so I thought that may have been the issue, but I'm now unable to turn them back on. I tried right-clicking the screen to turn them back on, but once the full start menu opens up I'm unable to right-click the screen. I'm at a loss on what to do, and I hate the look of the full screen start menu so I'd really like to find out how to turn it off. Thank you!

:)

hunterraye96, Jan 6, 2016

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Jan 6, 2016
  3. Upgrade to Windows 10 IE won't start

Upgraded from Windows 7 directly to Windows 10 - IE won't start. I have turned it off in Windows Features, rebooted, turned it back on, rebooted. Still won't launch. App crashes.

GailJanine, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu Won't Turn Off

Have the same issue, tried going into personalisation and turning it off, ticked the appropriate box but it won't turn off. Even restarting computer etc. Any tips? Is this a bug or is there something i'm missing?

DeeSparrow, Jan 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I am unsure of what you have said.
    Want to try this ?..................
    At bottom right of the taskbar, next to Time or ENG, there is the Notification icon > click it > click Tablet mode.
    How's that now ?

Windows 10 Start Menu Won't Turn Off [​IMG]

davidhk, Jan 12, 2016
  6. NitroBAY Win User
    Same problem and no restore point this time. We're thousand to have this bug

NitroBAY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu Won't Turn Off

1. Windows 10 Start Menu Won't Turn Off - Similar Threads - Start Menu Won't

2. How to turn off the top news in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off the top news in the start menu: Right click the bottom barPick News and InterestClick Turn OffRestart PC, you will not see the Top News Icon again.You can delete the app, but the same Top News Icon will show up. The above method works....
  3. Turning off start menu internet search

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off start menu internet search: I finally got around to backing up my original dell image, and installing a clean Windows Pro image from Microsoft instead (been meaning to do it for a while). Dell didn't even originally give me the correct language version of Windows for my laptop, a minor annoyance but it...
  4. Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Screen Won't Turn Off: My laptop HP Pavilion is approaching two years old and issues about it going to sleep/waking itself up again have always dogged it. I always eventually find a solution to solve a particular problem, but then a few weeks later it starts going wrong again. A few days ago I...
  5. How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?

How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?: I am referring to the way in which you hover your mouse pointer over something like the power icon, and it automatically expands outward. I am well aware of the mach2 program that does it. Problem is, it is only a temporary solution. The auto expand will turn itself back...
  6. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  7. Is there a way to turn off the alphabet in my start menu?

Is there a way to turn off the alphabet in my start menu?: Hey, So I generally like the W10 start menu with the exception of the alphabet soup in my all apps listings. It's making it look very cluttered and actually disorganized even though everything is obviously listed alphabetically. Is there a way to turn off the alphabet...
  8. Turn On or Off Blur for Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Blur for Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Blur for Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Start Menu and Taskbar Blur in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10147 on June 18th 2015. [img] Information In...
  9. Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Open Start Menu Submenus in Windows 10 Turn On or Off Start Menu AutoCascade of Submenus in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. [img] Information...
  10. Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Full Screen Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Use Start Full Screen in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can change the size of Start for their account to be a Start menu or full screen Start. Starting with full screen Start. When...