Windows 10: windows 10 start menu.

Discus and support windows 10 start menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Woke up this morning fired up toshiba laptop, windows started to update as usual. now I can`t use windows start button in left hand corner or access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bozzi, Aug 12, 2015.

1. bozzi Win User

windows 10 start menu.

Woke up this morning fired up toshiba laptop, windows started to update as usual.
    now I can`t use windows start button in left hand corner or access apps or any shortcuts in taskbar.
    right click on windows icon still opens desktop. is it possible to correct the problem by uninstalling the latest update, if so how?
    Thanks .

:)

bozzi, Aug 12, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 12, 2015
  4. hattrik21 Win User

windows 10 start menu.

Someone in another thread suggested to try and move your task bar from the bottom to the top or side to see if that change allowed it to work. If it does, move it back to the bottom and see if it still works.

hattrik21, Aug 12, 2015
  5. test123 Win User
    I have the same issue. I can move the bar but it still do not work when I click on it.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  6. test123 Win User
    There are many people facing this issue but I do not see any solution so far and microsoft is not bothered by this.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  7. hattrik21 Win User
    If you reboot does it fix it? The only odd start menu thing that I've noticed is when I click it, start typing and then just see dots run across the top. A reboot seems to fix that for me.

hattrik21, Aug 12, 2015
  8. test123 Win User

windows 10 start menu.

Is windows going to release some update to fix this issue?

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  9. bozzi Win User
    Sorted ! Restored back to 1 day after windows 10 installed. computer began to update (took an age )menu now working.*Smile fingers crossed.

bozzi, Aug 12, 2015
  10. test123 Win User
    I just have a two points which will restore my system just before the yesterday's update. I only hope it will work.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  11. OLDJACK Win User
    I've updated win 10 with a number of KB file sets on the 31st July, 5th and 13th August but on the last two occasions after restart the Start button fails to function. The only solution that works is to restart again. The problem seems to be a message that I noted on restart which states "PERSONALISED SETTINGS NOT RESPONDING " Any of you fellows know a solution?
    Upgraded fro Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.
    All updates applied.

OLDJACK, Aug 12, 2015
  12. test123 Win User
    I restored the system but it does not help.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  13. windows 10 start menu.

Not sure if this is it, but something similar happened to me. I didn't know what was going on. I can click on Start, but I got nothing. My screen looked like it was the old 8.1 Start with the apps showing. Turned out I had tablet mode enable somehow. Clicking on the notifications icon showed tablet mode enabled. I clicked on it to get back to desktop mode. My issue is fixed.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 12, 2015
  14. This has happened to me several times in the last week. There are 'solutions' you can google involving powershell scripts to reinstall the windows store apps. I never found them to solve the problem. IME, user profile corruption has been the culprit. I would suggest creating a new user, sign in, and see if the start menu is working for that new user. If it is, then probably your other users profile are corrupted.

claytoncarney, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 start menu.

1. windows 10 start menu. - Similar Threads - start menu

2. Changing the transparency of the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the transparency of the start menu: I have a problem with the full screen start menu. When I first updated Windows, the menu became darker, after the second update it became even darker and more gray in color. I tried to change using the standard settings, but it only changes the color theme from dark to white,...
  3. Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!

Windows start menu, search bar, and task manager not responsive!: Hi everyone! So I have been searching for ways to fix this issue but all solutions include using the start menu or task manager. Any suggestions for how to fix this? For reference here is everything that doesn't work: start menu search bar task manager cortana I...
  4. Start menu not opening after initial Windows Update on new HP desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu not opening after initial Windows Update on new HP desktop: New HP desktop, Win 10 Build 19041.488. The other day I came back after being away from the screen for a bit and it was covered in empty gray boxes, like leftover shell command windows. I checked under Event Viewer/System, and it showed update activity... various Intel,...
  5. Windows Apps ,taskbar, start menu crash

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Apps ,taskbar, start menu crash: Hello, I had a problem with system restore so I followed the procedure to rename WindowsApps to another name. System Restore Worked but when I changed the name back to normal, several crashes occur. None of the windows applications opens, when I try to open one, the...
  6. Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.

Recent Windows Update changed start menu colors.: A recent windows 10 update changed the background and tile colors. I have tried the fixes recommended but none of them work. I am not sure why this was done but the visibility of the tiles, etc based on the default color changes is very poor. How do I get back my old color...
  7. Need HELP, Custom Start menu Tiles with TileIconifier

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need HELP, Custom Start menu Tiles with TileIconifier: [ATTACH] Hi guys, i start using a program called "TileIconifier" to customize my start menu tiles and it's working PERFECT. Only thing i can't figure out is how to use a custom icon for the folders with the program "TileIconifier" or is it some how possible ? Example:...
  8. PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PIN prompt doesn't appear in windows 10 start menu: I've had the laptop that the problem is occuring on Acer Swift 1 for maybe a couple of year now. Since a couple of days ago, it has been booting as usual, but when I go to enter my PIN the prompt never appears. It shows a faded screen with the 3 icons in the bottom right, but...
  9. Some apps don't show up in start menu search results

in Cortana
    Some apps don't show up in start menu search results: Hi there experts, For a few weeks now I have been having a problem where some applications -- but not all -- just don't show up when I type into the start menu search. For example, I might launch Firefox by just typing "fir", at which point Firefox becomes the Best Match,...
  10. Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list: I was able to either uninstall the other apps with a default blue tile Camera, Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D..., or use a third-party software to change the colour, but with Microsoft Edge none of the methods worked. So I know that Microsoft Edge is near-impossible to...