Windows 10: windows 10 start menu.

Discus and support windows 10 start menu. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Woke up this morning fired up toshiba laptop, windows started to update as usual. now I can`t use windows start button in left hand corner or access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bozzi, Aug 12, 2015.

1. bozzi Win User

windows 10 start menu.

Woke up this morning fired up toshiba laptop, windows started to update as usual.
    now I can`t use windows start button in left hand corner or access apps or any shortcuts in taskbar.
    right click on windows icon still opens desktop. is it possible to correct the problem by uninstalling the latest update, if so how?
    Thanks .

:)

bozzi, Aug 12, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 12, 2015
  4. hattrik21 Win User

windows 10 start menu.

Someone in another thread suggested to try and move your task bar from the bottom to the top or side to see if that change allowed it to work. If it does, move it back to the bottom and see if it still works.

hattrik21, Aug 12, 2015
  5. test123 Win User
    I have the same issue. I can move the bar but it still do not work when I click on it.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  6. test123 Win User
    There are many people facing this issue but I do not see any solution so far and microsoft is not bothered by this.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  7. hattrik21 Win User
    If you reboot does it fix it? The only odd start menu thing that I've noticed is when I click it, start typing and then just see dots run across the top. A reboot seems to fix that for me.

hattrik21, Aug 12, 2015
  8. test123 Win User

windows 10 start menu.

Is windows going to release some update to fix this issue?

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  9. bozzi Win User
    Sorted ! Restored back to 1 day after windows 10 installed. computer began to update (took an age )menu now working.*Smile fingers crossed.

bozzi, Aug 12, 2015
  10. test123 Win User
    I just have a two points which will restore my system just before the yesterday's update. I only hope it will work.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  11. OLDJACK Win User
    I've updated win 10 with a number of KB file sets on the 31st July, 5th and 13th August but on the last two occasions after restart the Start button fails to function. The only solution that works is to restart again. The problem seems to be a message that I noted on restart which states "PERSONALISED SETTINGS NOT RESPONDING " Any of you fellows know a solution?
    Upgraded fro Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro.
    All updates applied.

OLDJACK, Aug 12, 2015
  12. test123 Win User
    I restored the system but it does not help.

test123, Aug 12, 2015
  13. windows 10 start menu.

Not sure if this is it, but something similar happened to me. I didn't know what was going on. I can click on Start, but I got nothing. My screen looked like it was the old 8.1 Start with the apps showing. Turned out I had tablet mode enable somehow. Clicking on the notifications icon showed tablet mode enabled. I clicked on it to get back to desktop mode. My issue is fixed.

Bobby Phoenix, Aug 12, 2015
  14. This has happened to me several times in the last week. There are 'solutions' you can google involving powershell scripts to reinstall the windows store apps. I never found them to solve the problem. IME, user profile corruption has been the culprit. I would suggest creating a new user, sign in, and see if the start menu is working for that new user. If it is, then probably your other users profile are corrupted.

claytoncarney, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 start menu.

1. windows 10 start menu. - Similar Threads - start menu

2. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.: When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second. Also ctrC ctrV combination instead of its normal function started printing screen instead, what setting is changing that? On the top of that it seems to me that general performance of PC...
  3. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.: When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second. Also ctrC ctrV combination instead of its normal function started printing screen instead, what setting is changing that? On the top of that it seems to me that general performance of PC...
  4. When I press windows key start menu doesn’t open and all screen gets darker for a second.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?: Title: Issue with WS_EX_TOPMOST in .NET App on Windows 11 not Overlapping Start Menu.Body: Hello, I’ve developed an application using the .NET Framework that applies the WS_EX_TOPMOST window style to create a watermark overlay. This overlay remains on top of all other windows...
  6. Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?

Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?: Title: Issue with WS_EX_TOPMOST in .NET App on Windows 11 not Overlapping Start Menu.Body: Hello, I’ve developed an application using the .NET Framework that applies the WS_EX_TOPMOST window style to create a watermark overlay. This overlay remains on top of all other windows...
  7. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10: So all of a sudden, certain system apps have disappeared from my start menu. I type their names in the search and I get a "no results found."Examples:- Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions- Device Manager- Default Apps- etcI can still launch them if I go and find them...
  8. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10: So all of a sudden, certain system apps have disappeared from my start menu. I type their names in the search and I get a "no results found."Examples:- Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions- Device Manager- Default Apps- etcI can still launch them if I go and find them...
  9. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Uh how do I fix the critical error related to menu start?

Uh how do I fix the critical error related to menu start?: It only occurs on my administrator account and both commands like dism or sfc/scannow are unable to fix it. also I got error 87 and can't grant administrator access uh intended way without using cmd due to window immedietly closing....