Windows 10: Windows 10 started update and failed to restor

Discus and support Windows 10 started update and failed to restor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife got up this morning and Windows 10 was installing on her Win 8 machine, no one requested this. she canceled install and it showed a screen that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omarandkaren, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 started update and failed to restor

My wife got up this morning and Windows 10 was installing on her Win 8 machine, no one requested this. she canceled install and it showed a screen that said it would restore but didn't happen. I made a recovery disk when I got the machine, I can get to the advanced menu but it comes up with something like "your drive is locked, unlock and try again (something like this) I pulled the hard drive and am doing full back up to my Seagate Free Agent drive.
    I am also making a new restore usb from my daughters Win 8 machine.
    I really didn't need another project this week so any help/direction will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Omarandkaren, Mar 9, 2016

2. Windows failed to start

windows tried an update during which it messaged that the update failed and was restoring windows 10 back. Now my system doesn't work. I get a message now that Windows failed to start. to insert y the windows installation
    disk and restart. There isn't a installation as Windows 10 was installed from the Microsoft site for free.

propproBANAS, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 wont boot.

So windows started looping into start up repair and wouldn't get past the windows logo. Start repair failed, command line failed, not Image or restore point, reset this pc in any form failed. I downloaded windows 10 to a USB, deleted all the partitions
    clean and installed windows 10. Started fine I update drivers then when I restart to finish driver update the windows logo never comes up and skips to the bios. Tried reinstalling again and same thing. So is windows 10 just not working or is my hard drive
    dead?

Kevinparadysz, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 started update and failed to restor

1. Windows 10 started update and failed to restor - Similar Threads - started update failed

2. System restore failed due to an update residue in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore failed due to an update residue in windows 10: Hello guys , I have a problem that login user and password box isn't showing up. So, I thought that a system restore would help. But then another problem poped-up. Please help me...
  3. Restore failing windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore failing windows 10: error 0xc000003a after trying to do Restore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-failing-windows-10/439b16fc-c0aa-4609-8aea-51428bc3705b
  4. Windows 10 won't start after failed restore

Windows 10 won't start after failed restore: Hello. I have a laptop with windows 10. I tried to restore Windows because I was having a problem with the code windows immersive control panel cw5n1h2txyewy...All Windows functions had stopped like start menu, settings,task manager, storeetc and suddenly somewhere in 60% I...
  5. Windows 10 fails to start.

Windows 10 fails to start.: Displays blue screen "Recovery It looks like Windows hasn't loaded correctly". It fails to recover! How can I create a boot file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fails-to-start/351adc02-0934-4b8f-ad46-a19e0cb96ee0
  6. Windows 10 Fails To Start.

Windows 10 Fails To Start.: Hello I've been experiencing some kind of error with my Laptop LENOVO G400. 2 weeks ago, i've installed a windows 10 update and then i wait for 12 hours. In the first 30 seconds it works. And then my power went off. after my power went on again i turn on again the...
  7. Backup and Restore completely fails to start

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore completely fails to start: It used to work but then something happened on my Windows 10 machine and now I can't backup at all (don't have external so I relied on this windows-7 leftover method to backup on an internal separate drive) My control panel looks like this now: Edit I can't upload an image?...
  8. Windows 10 Fail to Start

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Fail to Start: [IMG]can someone please help me with this? [Original Title: Windows 10] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-fail-to-start/51d12ce7-0823-4462-bc9b-0774d28fcb6a
  9. Windows 10 fails to start.

Windows 10 fails to start.: [IMG][IMG]When I turned my PC on suddenly it showed blue screen of death and the message was inaccessible boot device. Then automatic repair came and I tried to reset my PC it was showing your pc can't be reset then I tried to boot it into safe mode and nothing is happening...
  10. Windows 10 restore fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 restore fails: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (all updates) on an HP Pavilion. Can't open it. All attempts to Restore, from several restore points, end in the message that "Failed to replace the file C:\Program Files (x86) Commom Files\Microsoft Shared\ink\Microsoft.Ink(2).dll with its original...