Windows 10: Windows 10 started update and failed to restor

Discus and support Windows 10 started update and failed to restor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My wife got up this morning and Windows 10 was installing on her Win 8 machine, no one requested this. she canceled install and it showed a screen that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omarandkaren, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Windows 10 started update and failed to restor

My wife got up this morning and Windows 10 was installing on her Win 8 machine, no one requested this. she canceled install and it showed a screen that said it would restore but didn't happen. I made a recovery disk when I got the machine, I can get to the advanced menu but it comes up with something like "your drive is locked, unlock and try again (something like this) I pulled the hard drive and am doing full back up to my Seagate Free Agent drive.
    I am also making a new restore usb from my daughters Win 8 machine.
    I really didn't need another project this week so any help/direction will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Omarandkaren, Mar 9, 2016

2. Windows failed to start

windows tried an update during which it messaged that the update failed and was restoring windows 10 back. Now my system doesn't work. I get a message now that Windows failed to start. to insert y the windows installation
    disk and restart. There isn't a installation as Windows 10 was installed from the Microsoft site for free.

propproBANAS, Mar 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 wont boot.

So windows started looping into start up repair and wouldn't get past the windows logo. Start repair failed, command line failed, not Image or restore point, reset this pc in any form failed. I downloaded windows 10 to a USB, deleted all the partitions
    clean and installed windows 10. Started fine I update drivers then when I restart to finish driver update the windows logo never comes up and skips to the bios. Tried reinstalling again and same thing. So is windows 10 just not working or is my hard drive
    dead?

Kevinparadysz, Mar 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 started update and failed to restor

1. Windows 10 started update and failed to restor - Similar Threads - started update failed

2. Windows 10 Error After Latest Update - System Restore Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Error After Latest Update - System Restore Failed: Hi Guys, After the latest Windows 10 Update (between 6 and 8 April 2019), my laptop cannot boot into Windows 10. It just keeps going round in a loop and I just could not get to the login screen. I tried System Restore (I only have two restore points: 6 April Automatic...
  3. Windows 10 starts then fails to load

Windows 10 starts then fails to load: My computer does not finish booting up. It starts, goes through the bios screen, shows the light blue windows icon, then the screen goes black and nothing happens. I have a SSD where Win10 is installed, and I have a regular 2nd hard drive. I used a different Win10 computer...
  4. Windows updates for several drivers failing and system restore not working

Windows updates for several drivers failing and system restore not working: Windows update listing a dozen or so drivers as needing an update, but giving "Error 0x800703f1" for all when I try to install the updates. I tried to do a system restore, but it is also not working, citing a problem with AppxStaging. I had thought my drivers generally up...
  5. Windows 10 Backup and restore (Windows 7) Fails

Windows 10 Backup and restore (Windows 7) Fails: Windows 10 backup fails with VSS Error. I get the following from Event viewer Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An invalid XML document was returned from writer {a4d99bdb-ce5e-4166-b2f4-dad3b09d3443}. Operation: Writer Modifying Modifying Backup Document Context:...
  6. Windows 10 fails to start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 fails to start.: [IMG][IMG]When I turned my PC on suddenly it showed blue screen of death and the message was inaccessible boot device. Then automatic repair came and I tried to reset my PC it was showing your pc can't be reset then I tried to boot it into safe mode and nothing is happening...
  7. Windows 10 restore fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 restore fails: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (all updates) on an HP Pavilion. Can't open it. All attempts to Restore, from several restore points, end in the message that "Failed to replace the file C:\Program Files (x86) Commom Files\Microsoft Shared\ink\Microsoft.Ink(2).dll with its original...
  8. Windows 10 start button fails, search fails restart fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start button fails, search fails restart fails: Not cause by virus .. this just started today. I tried a restore point of yesterday .. nothing. I have tried several suggestions from the web but nothing seems to do it? I know it would be better if i could name them but can't remember the exact commands .. will look for the...
  9. Restore activation windows fails

Restore activation windows fails: Need help I clean install my windows 10 build 16299.125 and cannot active after using key and restore the spp/store folder before I always succeed restore activation I previously backed up my token store there are three activations namely windows.office.visio.project and...
  10. Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Start Layout in Windows 10: This tutorial has been updated to work again. *Smile 3088