Windows 10: Windows 10 starts, then quits running. Help?

Discus and support Windows 10 starts, then quits running. Help? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and the installation went smoothly. Everything worked, it installed fine, and then it restarted for the,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Eragonjd, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Eragonjd Win User

Windows 10 starts, then quits running. Help?

So, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and the installation went smoothly. Everything worked, it installed fine, and then it restarted for the, or at least what I assumed to be, the last time. When my PC turned back on, it ran just fine, went to the boot screen [Windows logo at top center, loading circle at bottom]. Then, after a few seconds, my screen flashed black for a second, then turned back on. It kept loading, then it froze and then the monitor turned off and gave me the [POWER SAVING MODE] screen. But the most weird thing is that the computer itself never turned off. The fans kept running, it never shut down. It would also not respond to the power button to shut it down. The only way to "turn it off" is to switch the power supply off. But also, very odd, at least with my limited experience, was when the power supply was turned back on, the computer didn't immediately start up. I had to manually turn it back on, and it did the exact same thing.

I have no idea what is going on, and I would really like some help.

Thanks!

:)

Eragonjd, Nov 30, 2015
  2. k100man Win User

Acrobat Reader 2.0 Starts and then quits

Device: HP IPAQ 211

Oper sys: Windows Mobile 6 Classic

Installed Acrobat Reader 2. Because ClearVue was factory installed, clicking on a PDF file would only launch ClearVue, which is a worthless app. In the registry, key HKCR, I changed the "open" and the "opendoc" command for pdffile to "Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat
    2.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe" "%1".

Now when I click on a PDF file it correctly launches Acrobat Reader but as soon as the page is displayed Reader shuts down. As a work around, I have to first launch Acrobat Reader: Start\Programs\Acrobat Reader. Then I select a PDF file to open. I leave Acrobat
    Reader running and can then with file explorer select any other PDF file to open. As long as I do not exit Acrobat Reader, I can continue to select any other PDF file.

Any ideas as to why Acrobat Reader automatically closes down if not already running.

k100man, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 30, 2015
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Eragonjd Win User
    As I looked through the list of Common Faults and Fixes List, they seemed to mostly be if you had any access to the normal user interface for Windows. I cannot make it into anything except for the repair options. I did make it into the repair options, and I tried to restore to last build, which didn't work, then reinstall with all my personal files, which did the exact same thing, and finally, I tried to do a full wipe and clean install. I set it up to do that last night, it got to 29%, then kind of stopped and stayed there all night long. Thank you for the help you have already offered.

Eragonjd, Nov 30, 2015
  6. philc43 Win User
    Have you been able to get any further? I imagine you eventually turned off and tried again?

philc43, Dec 4, 2015
  7. Eragonjd Win User
    Yes, I turned off and tried again, but when it booted, it said something like "Hard Drive empty, please insert system disk." Since I did not have the system disk, I gave my PC to a friend who did, and he is working on it to help me get it working.

Eragonjd, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 starts, then quits running. Help? - Similar Threads - starts quits running

2. Start Button Quit Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Button Quit Working: The start button on one of my profiles recently stopped working. The search functions as well, both the search bar in the taskbar and in File Explorer. The other profile is fine. I've tried everything I could find: Logging out/in to my account, Restarting Windows Explorer;...
  3. Start Button Quit Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Button Quit Working: The start button on one of my profiles recently stopped working. The search functions as well, both the search bar in the taskbar and in File Explorer. The other profile is fine. I've tried everything I could find: Logging out/in to my account, Restarting Windows Explorer;...
  4. Start Button Quit Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Help appreciated: Windows 10 doesn't run during start up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help appreciated: Windows 10 doesn't run during start up.: Hi, I am don't know much about IT. I have a windows 10 installed on my computer Lenovo E585. Recently i realise my windows 10 takes an hour to boot up, hence i reformatted my drive and reinstalled windows 10 Setting/Update & security/ Recovery method successfully. I tried...
  6. Loging start/quit event

in Windows 10 Support
    Loging start/quit event: Hi, By the past, I was using gpedit to launch a wsh script to log loggin, logout time in a text file. My problem is that there's no more gpedit in win10. Is there a way to catch those events ? 150597
  7. Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start: All Trusted Microsoft Apps except for Netflix suddenly began crashing a few seconds after launch. These are apps like mail, calendar, photos, Minecraft win10 and others. I have tried many things. sfc /scannow resulted in corrupt files that were unable to fix. dism...
  8. Start menu has quit searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu has quit searching: I don't use Cortina, I have a search icon on the task bar, I used to hit the Windows key and start typing to search for a program, now nothing happens, clicking the search icon does nothing, is this new to windows or do I have a problem? 105395
  9. Start button quit working - oh the agony!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button quit working - oh the agony!: Driver update gone bad caused my start button to stop working. I have tried sfc /scannow but it didn't find any issues. I don't want to do a system restore because the last time I did, that caused more problems! (edge vanished) Any clever ways to fix this without creating...
  10. Windows 10 When Quits

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 When Quits: Hi windows 10 fans. The full version of Windows 10 comes exactly when? Please respond with information about this topic. 3448

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after program starts it quits running