Windows 10: Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open.

Discus and support Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! My Windows 10's startup menu (windows button also), taskbar functions (wifi, battery, sound, people, search, time, notification buttons, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JasonSy1, Jul 14, 2018.

1. JasonSy1 Win User

Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open.

Hello!

My Windows 10's startup menu (windows button also), taskbar functions (wifi, battery, sound, people, search, time, notification buttons, even alt tab, and and probably some other stuff), and settings suddenly wouldn't open. I've tried a lot of solutions that worked for other people. Unfortunately, none of them worked for me.

Here's what I have tried and didn't work so far:

• sfc /scannow through powershell
      • resulted with a Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations.
    • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
      • processing gets stuck and an error pops out saying C:\AppXManifest.xml doesn't exist
    • Launching safe mode then rebooting
      • all the functions work during safe mode but did not resolve the problem after reboot.
    • Creating a new user account
      • Although this kind of worked, I'm afraid that I'll have to reinstall a lot of software and configurations since I'm a programming student.
    • Tried launching the ms-settings: in cmd and powershell.
      • Got a "File system error (-2147219200)" from cmd after and powershell just froze.
    • Performed a system restore from yesterday (back when it was still working properly) but nothing happened.
    • Ran CCleaner but nothing happened.

Please help! Really need to get this fixed asap! Thank you!

:)

JasonSy1, Jul 14, 2018

2. Win10 start menu won`t open (SOLUTION)

To all people that suffer from same problems as I did:

-Win 10`s start menu won`t open after restart

-Win 10`s menu stops working after few days if your pc has been idle or just on.

-Win 10`s menu works after AC power down

-Win 10`s menu won`t work after restart unless you log out and relog through CTRL+ALT+DEL

It took me 7 hours to find cause of this problem, lots program reinstallations and browsing through internet.

Even Microsoft support didn`t provide the right answer for this problem, they just give you commands and advices to create new accounts, cleanup this, reinstall that, clean boot this, normal boot that. But what they don`t say is that all those problems are
    caused by their so called "feature" that released with their "Fall Creators Update". A feature that saves some data into the memory, so after restart it start`s to open all your chrome windows and other programs.

CAUSE:

Your windows might get some conflicts with some programms during the session, before the update if you shutdown/restart your pc, windows where just dumping all the data out of the window, after the update it started to save it to the memory (including all the
    conflicted data). THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

SOLUTION:

Go to your Search icon on the taskbar, type > Settings > Accounts > Sing-In options > Under "Privacy" uncheck/disable "Use my sing-in info to automatically setting up my device after an update or restart" > Restart

Hope it helps folks!

3DArtist

And ofcourse:

Microsoft, you`ve already forced us into updates with Win10.

Will you now please stop screwing up windows even more with your pointless system breaking features!

Stop reinventing the wheel.

3DArtist_007, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open. - Similar Threads - startup menu taskbar

2. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. No Taskbar or start menu and settings won't open after Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Taskbar or start menu and settings won't open after Windows 11 Upgrade: HiYesterday I ran updates windows 11 update. Since this has ran I don't have a task bar or start menu just a grey rectangle where it should be. I can also not run settings. It simply tries to open then disappears. Even file explorer search doesn't work and other things like...
  6. No Taskbar or start menu and settings won't open after Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Taskbar or start menu and settings won't open after Windows 11 Upgrade: HiYesterday I ran updates windows 11 update. Since this has ran I don't have a task bar or start menu just a grey rectangle where it should be. I can also not run settings. It simply tries to open then disappears. Even file explorer search doesn't work and other things like...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu, and Settings won't open!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Menu, and Settings won't open!: My cousin has an Asus G14 Laptop, the one with a ryzen 9 and an rtx 2060. I'm trying to fix it with all the top results on YouTube and chrome relating to "windows 10 Start Menu won't open", but none of them are working. My cousin said the last thing he remembers doing before...
  8. settings, start menu, sound won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings, start menu, sound won't open: settings, sound, start menu won't open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-start-menu-sound-wont-open/8a4f2b06-fdd4-43bd-bd10-584f4f2d52f9
  9. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  10. Settings and Start Menu won't open!

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings and Start Menu won't open!: A couple days ago my computer started acting funky and the next day my settings would crash every time I would open it I have tried running the troubleshooters and all the commands in PowerShell and cmd but nothing seems to work. Also, my start menu won't open even if I do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar settings wont open

2. windows 10 startup functions

3. taskbar settings wont open

4. windows cannot find ms-settings,
  5. startup menu windows 10 wont open,
  6. windows 8 calendar on taskbar wont open