Windows 10: Windows 10 startup screen blinking

Discus and support Windows 10 startup screen blinking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning, Upon starting my laptop this morning, I encountered my startup screen flashing with a round dot loading symbol continuously circling.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by warrensurf, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Windows 10 startup screen blinking

Good morning,

Upon starting my laptop this morning, I encountered my startup screen flashing with a round dot loading symbol continuously circling. The screen continued to flash and never load.

I proceeded to power down my pc and restart it holding the shift key which allowed me to enter safe mode. I ran a quick scan on my pc by downloading a file from this forum. The forum told me to post the results of the scan to this thread for further assistance. I am hoping if someone has the time they can take a look at my diagnostics and interpret the results for me, as I am not sure what I am looking at with these results. Thank you!!!

:)

warrensurf, Apr 3, 2016
  2. Birch2016 Win User

Black screen and Blinking curser after upgrade

Original Title: Blinking curser

At first startup after updating to Windows 10 screen is black with curser blinking in upper left corner. No response from mouse or keyboard. What is the solution?

Birch2016, Apr 3, 2016
  3. Drew_C Win User
    Cannot access PC black screen with flickering cursor

HP laptop Windows 10. Computer froze a few ago. Now when I startup, I get black screen with blinking cursor upper left. Ran HP diagnostics, all tests pass. Cannot get into Windows at all. All external devices unplugged. Severely need help.

Black screen on startup- Original Title

Drew_C, Apr 3, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Windows 10 startup screen blinking

Welcome aboard, warrensurf.

The last error event in the event log .....
    And before that ....
    Try it: *Arrow Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

See how it goes. Let us know.

5. lmaneke Win User
    The continuous boot logo is a problem on all Windows 10 version 1511 systems, as there is an issue within the Operating System itself, however, it should stay there for more than a minute, although on some systems it can take more than 3 minutes to boot normally, thus that's why you are seeing the blinking logo and slower spinning dots longer.

The only way not to see that issue is to have fast startup enabled, although that fails a lot on some systems.

The errors I see here "Service Control Manager" error, I see that error all the time in my system event viewer, thus it doesn't affect boot performance.

The HP Support Services framework should morely affect the login performance rather than boot performance, but it does happen at boot sometimes.

I agree with Arc, try going into safe mode and use msconfig to troubleshoot startup programs and non Microsoft services. That's where I would start as well.

Good luck

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 startup screen blinking

1. Windows 10 startup screen blinking - Similar Threads - startup screen blinking

2. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  3. Blinking screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blinking screen: How do I repair a blinking screen on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen/6d4bb653-e58d-458d-ba69-e3b083a6204c
  4. blink screen in window 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blink screen in window 10: I NEED HELP. One beautiful day just like an other day i open my pc and found my pc screen keep blinking. I try to search youtube and try many thing like restart, disable device and even factory reset but it is all useless. Now i am in trouble! My screen still like that and i...
  5. Screen Blinks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Blinks: Hello, Expert! I recently downloaded an update of Windows OS 10 on 15.12.2020. Next day during a presentation, I tried splitting my Screen and as a result of which the screen turned Grey however my WebCam was still on. For the past 3 or 4 days, I am observing that while...
  6. Startup Problem blinking & beeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup Problem blinking & beeping: Having a problem with a new monitor so yesterday I connected my new PC to a different monitor and confirmed it was working as expected. This morning I connected the new PC to the new monitor and the PC started beeping and the power light was blinking red. What can I do about...
  7. blinking screen at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    blinking screen at startup: at startup, desktop computer won't start up. The taskbar and icons blink with a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blinking-screen-at-startup/c5ed5cc2-f4a3-4510-9996-ae2b686b2716
  8. blinking screen in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blinking screen in windows 10: My screen starts suddenly blinking and flashing. How can I solve this without going to save mode because I tried it and my computer refuse to allow me to enter in my account although I enter the correct pin....
  9. Blinking login screen - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Blinking login screen - Windows 10: Hello team, I am having an issue that just came up recently regarding a constant blinking login screen. The computer will load to the login screen and begin to blink constantly until it finally stops and I am able to login. The blinking can last anywhere from 10 seconds to...
  10. Startup screen is keep blinking

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Startup screen is keep blinking: Hi, Once I start my laptop with Windows 10 Home Edition, my screen keeps blinking without showing me the login option. When I first bought the laptop I never had this problem, it started with one of the windows updates. My Windows Configuration: Processor: Intel Inside...