Windows 10: Windows 10 startup selection and audio problems

Discus and support Windows 10 startup selection and audio problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi all my startup selection on windows 10 isnt on normal selection which loads all the device and drivers when i change it from another option back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Snowy11, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Snowy11 Win User

Windows 10 startup selection and audio problems

hi all my startup selection on windows 10 isnt on normal selection which loads all the device and drivers when i change it from another option back to the normal and then it restarts its still not on normal startup any advice how to fix.

I also started experiencing audio issues through head phones aswell when they are plugged in theres this this sound where you can hear the laptop fan and if you click or touch your laptop you can hear everything its like tour listening to your laptop internally!has anyone had this problem and is there a way to fix the problem?

:)

Snowy11, Aug 25, 2018

2. Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows>

Techjourney, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 startup selection and audio problems

Microsoft Selects Dolby Audio for Windows 10

it would've been great if microsoft added HEVC decoders, LAV filters along with other codecs with Windows 10, and developing WMP to be better than VLC, KMPlayer and such sorts of media players.

Nevertheless, this is good step for microsoft, by far.

Analog_Interface, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 startup selection and audio problems

1. Windows 10 startup selection and audio problems - Similar Threads - startup selection audio

2. User Select on Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Select on Windows Startup: I currentlly have two user profiles in my machine. One is a work account and one is a school account and the other is a local account. Ideally, I would like to have the local account to not need a password, however I have something that is bugging me. Whenever I start up my...
  3. User Select on Windows Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Select on Windows Startup: I currentlly have two user profiles in my machine. One is a work account and one is a school account and the other is a local account. Ideally, I would like to have the local account to not need a password, however I have something that is bugging me. Whenever I start up my...
  4. Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Selection Reverts from Normal to Selective Startup: When I select "normal startup" in System Config it always reverts back to "selective startup". All the boxes in Advanced T. S.have been cleared. I have read on this forum I'm not alone with this issue and isn't really a problem. My question is if I select the " make all boot...
  5. What is a Selective Startup? How to run selective startup using MSCONFIG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What is a Selective Startup? How to run selective startup using MSCONFIG in Windows 10: When Windows boots up, it loads up files along with it and also starts services and launches applications that are registered with it when the user logs into his account. At times, some rogue applications may cause a slow boot or make Windows stuck in the middle of the...
  6. what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    what's the problem switching selective to normal startup?: see right here, before I selected normal startup, it was on selective startup. When I changed to normal startup I got the bsod 0xc000000e winload.exe error, and no boot. Had to load the RE off flash and run commands to fixmbr and rebuildbcd. Is it just my PC like that? I...
  7. Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Keeps Selecting Selective Startup In MSconfig Rather Than Normal Startup: why does windows keep selecting selective startup rather than normal startup, when it picks selective startup it stops me from being able to launch certain programs as it disables most of them submitted by /u/DGW04 [link] [comments]...
  8. Stuck in Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in Selective Startup: (Moved from EightForums, where I posted in error.) I was instructed to use Selective Startup to get Quicken installed (didn't work), and now I can't get out! This is a laptop that has been stuck with the Microsoft account login (cannot fix it as other options are grayed...
  9. MSConfig & Selective Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    MSConfig & Selective Startup: So msconfig is driving me nuts as whenever i just click normal or diagonstic boot it reverts to selective startup. I had this issue in Windows 7 and i fixed it somehow. Any help? 9138
  10. startup selective not normal.

in Windows 10 Support
    startup selective not normal.: My startup always returns to selective, i don't know why. 44150