Windows 10: Windows 10 Stop From Creating Direct Network

Discus and support Windows 10 Stop From Creating Direct Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been playing around with windows 10 and I have found that when you do a search for a printer/scanner (Windows Search> type and select “Printers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by muffintopman, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Stop From Creating Direct Network

I have been playing around with windows 10 and I have found that when you do a search for a printer/scanner (Windows Search> type and select “Printers & Scanners”> Under “Add printers & Scanners Click “Add a Printer or scanner”) then when the search is going the computer will make its own AD Hoc or will be broadcasting as SSID that anyone can see. I was seeing if there is a way to turn this feature off? You can see when windows turns this network on in the Network and Sharing. Thank you in advanced.

I have tried to run this command.netsh wlan stop hostednetworknetsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

Update with more information the network that is created is called "DIRECT*my pc's name*PCmsK7" so I am guessing that it is related to the new Microsoft direct feature. I also have tried to find this "Projecting to this PC" setting but it isn't coming up.

I have tried this on windows LTSB and CBB. the CBB I do have the option to Change the "Projecting to this PC" I still create the network.

:)

muffintopman, Nov 8, 2017

2. Windows 10 Stop From Creating Network

Thank You Dennis Mop I'll post it over there and see if anyone can answer it.

BrendenSalinas, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Stop From Creating Network

I have been playing around with windows 10 and I have found that when you do a search for a printer/scanner (Windows Search> type and select “Printers & Scanners”> Under “Add printers & Scanners Click “Add a Printer or scanner”) then when the search is going
    the computer will make its own AD Hoc or will be broadcasting as SSID that anyone can see. I was seeing if there is a way to turn this feature off? You can see when windows turns this network on in the Network and Sharing. Thank you in advanced.

I have tried to run this command.

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

Update with more information the network that is created is called "DIRECT*my pc's name*PCmsK7" so I am guessing that it is related to the new Microsoft direct feature. I also have tried to find this "Projecting to
    this PC" setting but it isn't coming up.

BrendenSalinas, Nov 8, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 Stop From Creating Direct Network

1. Windows 10 Stop From Creating Direct Network - Similar Threads - Stop Creating Direct

2. Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically: I'm not really sure why but windows is creating a shortcut on AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Network Shortcuts named Documents with the same icon as the User/Documents folder and of course it's appearing on on the This computeron top of the C drive section on the left side...
  3. Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop windows from creating Network Shortcuts automatically: I'm not really sure why but windows is creating a shortcut on AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Network Shortcuts named Documents with the same icon as the User/Documents folder and of course it's appearing on on the This computeron top of the C drive section on the left side...
  4. Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive

Cannot install software directly from network, mapped drive: I have a FreeNAS server. In windows 10 I've mapped a few drives to shares on it. Everything works ok except I cannot install software from it I have a folder containing all the software that I use and I want to install it on my Windows 10 boxes without making local copies,...
  5. How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows 10 from offering direct play install?: Ok, I'm playing some older game 2003 on my PC, and every single time I launch it windows suggests me to install direct play and that became annoyance. Game works perfectly fine without it, so no thanks. Any solution to stop that offer from appearing?...
  6. Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Create Direct Network Connection between PC and MacBook Air: I am using Uni USB-c to Ethernet adapter to connect HP Pavilion Laptop 15, running Windows 10 to brand new MacBook Air. The Mac recognizes the USB. I used the adapter and Cat 5 cable to connect MacBook to my router and it worked as it should. I used the adapter and Cat 5...
  7. Stop Windows 10 from Creating Restore Point

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Windows 10 from Creating Restore Point: Hi! I just wanna know is there a way to stop Windows 10 from creating a restore point? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-windows-10-from-creating-restore-point/210cb36d-90d1-41ac-a593-28cb9b1fc78d
  8. How to stop Windows from creating hiberfil.sys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to stop Windows from creating hiberfil.sys: I tried deleting it from cmd prompt and also downloaded Unlocker for the sole purpose of getting rid of it. My laptop is always plugged in, why are you forcing it to switch off randomly when I'm away from my laptop? Windows 10 recently had to rest it. Did not have hibernation...
  9. how to stop windows from creating photo albums?

how to stop windows from creating photo albums?: Yesterday, I got a notification that windows has created a photo album for me. The thing is, I don't want windows doing that. At least on its own. If I want an album made, I'll make it. Is there a setting I can turn off?...
  10. Creating a new network with windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Creating a new network with windows 10: Hi, I have a new laptop and desktop I would like to network for file sharing, how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/creating-a-new-network-with-windows-10/b176e52d-fed7-476b-9a30-812a514cc0fa