Windows 10: Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video

Discus and support Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting very annoyed with this, and I am sure that someone else has had this. Initially Win10 would happily detect my card reader plugged in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JustinH, Mar 21, 2016.

1. JustinH Win User

Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video

I am getting very annoyed with this, and I am sure that someone else has had this.

Initially Win10 would happily detect my card reader plugged in the USB and download the video, albeit to the pics folder with no option to put them in the video folder. Now, whilst my antivirus does pick up the reader and asks if I want to scan the card Win10 does not.

I have tried going to file manager and clicking on the 'H' drive, which is how it appears, but I have on option to click 'import' there or on the sub files.

Anyone got any ideas before I reload Win7 in an effort to keep some hair?

Justin *Shock

:)

JustinH, Mar 21, 2016

2. Windows apps for PC and Mac don't work

I just downloaded the app for downloading the pics from my Lumia822 on my Windows7 PC. When I click on "Import pics and videos" the photo acquisition window gives me the message: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
    the program and notify you if a solution is available. I just can't get any further.
    With the app for downloading the pics on my Mac Book Pro I didn't have any more luck. I can see both memories, the internal one and the sundisk, how much stuff is allocated on them but I can't see any pictures or videos.
    Can you please help!?

LucianRosca, Mar 21, 2016
  3. RoyAyala Win User
    where do I find my blue tooth downloads of videos and pics.

where do I find my blue tooth downloads of videos and pics. I didnt see a downloads button . I had some videos and pic sent to me by blue tooth, the windows phone accepted the downloads but where does it store those videos?

RoyAyala, Mar 21, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

It is not clear what your problem is - at least not to me.

5. JustinH Win User
    I am trying to download video from my SD card onto my machine. Win10 is not offering me any way of doing that. It should detect the card reader and card in it, and then offer to download the files on it, and to delete it when it is done. It is not doing so.

If I go play on the file manager I can right click on the drive, 'H', but there is no option there to download the files either. I can do anything else, but not download them.

JustinH, Mar 21, 2016
  6. Are you able to copy and paste the files? I'm not understanding the problem either. My wife is a photographer (hobby) and whenever she plugs in her SD Card, she copies and pastes the pictures she wants in to a folder for the project.

DeaconFrost, Mar 21, 2016
  7. JustinH Win User
    If I look at the files on the SD card it only gives me two folders and it is not recognising them as video. If I copy and paste them I only get DCIM and PRIVATE files but cannot open them.

As I said, previously Win10 recognised the files as video/pictures and opened a window asking if you wish to import those pics. Now it just sits there and does nothing, though the machine has recognised that the card reader is there.

JustinH, Mar 21, 2016
  8. Kryten Win User

Video files are buried in subfolders.Private>AVCHD>BDMV>Stream for eg
    Images in subfolders of the digital camera images folder DCIM.

Is show hidden files or folders been set for windows.
    File association may have been broken by an update or something.RT click on any files and use the open with to
    associate the file type.

Kryten, Mar 22, 2016
  9. JustinH Win User
    I don't think it is a file type thing, as I am not offered an 'open with' option when I click on the contents of the H drive. Normally there would be an option there of 'import pictures/videos' I have no such option on the list. Only the usual 'play with' or pin to start, or something.

JustinH, Mar 22, 2016
  10. The option you are referring to is part of the Autorun settings, but it is definitely not necessary for copying the files. Go in to the DCIM folder on the card and copy the actual image files.

DeaconFrost, Mar 22, 2016
  11. JustinH Win User
    Hello. Sure, I can copy the files over but for some reason they do not appear as they should at destination. I have had to reload Win10, and now it works as it used to, recognising the file types and asking if you wish to download them. I am sorry to have had to use the nuclear option but it was the only way.

Thanks, everyone, for your contribution.

JustinH, Mar 22, 2016
  12. DeaconFrost, Mar 22, 2016
  13. JustinH Win User

Oh well......... I did look at that, but it only offered a list of things to autoplay with, not a photo/video downloader.... All is fixed now....

JustinH, Mar 22, 2016
  14. That's what you've been saying all this time...that the pop-up menu was missing. That's the autorun, and that link specifically addresses memory cards. The autorun, in my opinion, gets annoying, so it's disabled for all memory cards on our systems at home. It doesn't have anything to do with the ability to get files off the card, but I guess some feel it simplifies the process.

DeaconFrost, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stopped downloading pics/video - Similar Threads - stopped downloading pics

2. How can downloaded videos change into jpg pics?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can downloaded videos change into jpg pics?: Hello beautiful people, I swear I'm not crazy but I have a video library I downloaded using 4K video down loader. I have used it for years without a problem. My computer storage was filling up so I moved about 200 GB's to an external HDD. Today I needed to access some videos...
  3. How can downloaded videos change into jpg pics?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can downloaded videos change into jpg pics?: Hello beautiful people, I swear I'm not crazy but I have a video library I downloaded using 4K video down loader. I have used it for years without a problem. My computer storage was filling up so I moved about 200 GB's to an external HDD. Today I needed to access some videos...
  4. How can downloaded videos change into jpg pics?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old Pic's and Video's...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Pic's and Video's...: Hi. I updated my laptop from windows 7 to windows 10... All my memory sticks & scandisk's containing pictures and video's were saved while using Windows 7... Now I'm unable to open any of them...!!! HELP...!!!...
  6. trying to syncronize pic and video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    trying to syncronize pic and video: I have always use the photo app to synchronize Photos and video but now is not working anymore. a week ago received a message about one drive. Are you eliminating the app that is why cant synchronize?...
  7. Failure to download pics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Failure to download pics: I have recently returned from cruise, with a new SD Card in my Sony cybershot camera...tried to download to laptop..via camera cable (usb) ….and card in slot on pc....it will download the video clips I took but not any pics....any ideas please...
  8. Pic and Video up load windows 10

Pic and Video up load windows 10: So when they were really pushing up grades to 10 last year i did it. I found out that uploading from my video camera was not as easy as windows 10. The window that comes up on the bottom right does not exist. Has these been fixed and is it easy now to upload direct from a...
  9. No thumbnails for pics/videos

No thumbnails for pics/videos: Hello, I am having issues with my thumbnails on my pc(windows 10) not showing tumbnails. When i scroll down i can briefly see it but then it goes away. I have tried switching icons sizes, changing the open program to windows pics, and unchecking the always show icons button....
  10. downloading pics

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    downloading pics: When I try to download pics from my phone, it's only trying to download 10 from a 100 taken this weekend. How do I get the computer to download all of them?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 phone stopped downloading video