Windows 10: windows 10 stopped working

Discus and support windows 10 stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have gone back to windows 7 and will not go back to windows 10 , I have had nothing but problems with it for at least 3 weeks now , not sure what the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Charrah, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Charrah Win User

windows 10 stopped working

I have gone back to windows 7 and will not go back to windows 10 , I have had nothing but problems with it for at least 3 weeks now , not sure what the last update edid but it screwed up my computer so I couldn't do anything on it , I couldn't even check my mail

:)

Charrah, Jan 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jan 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jan 28, 2016
Thema:

windows 10 stopped working

1. windows 10 stopped working - Similar Threads - stopped working

2. Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Display stops working once windows start loading: Hello, My laptop model is Asus Zenbook UX310UQ model. Past two weeks, laptop display stopped to work and it works good when I connect to secondary display. Initially I thought there is some graphics card cable issue. Later I realized that I see the Asus logo everytime when...
  3. Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it...: Remote Desktop service suddenly stopped working and i need to restart this service. Is it normal or my server having some serious issue ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-service-suddenly-stopped-working/fa419965-e68d-4819-b127-d2cf8c97ddd4"
  4. bad_module_info stopped working - not on installed games dependend - possible fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    bad_module_info stopped working - not on installed games dependend - possible fix: Hi everyone, we enocuntered several "bad_module_info stopped working" messages after upgrading our clients to Windows 1809. We do not have any games installed. All topics which i found were somehow related to game crashes. Example win event log entry: Faulting...
  5. Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work

Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work: I had an issue where my headphones suddenly stopped working, and while troubleshooting went through all the possible online solutions: making sure drivers were updated, sound was on and off mute, checked the sound setting for correct default etc., all to no avail. I found an...
  6. Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting"

in Windows 10 Support
    Autoplay stopped working "condidentiality setting": Hi, Autoplay stopped working and i know for a fact that it is cause of some "condidentiality setting" (some app, possibility helped with WIT, disabled a lot without telling me which). I went through condidentiality panes in settings but couldn't find the culprit. Basically,...
  7. Bad_module_info has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad_module_info has stopped working: A window for "bad_module_info has stopped working" appeared sometime over the weekend. It came to my attention upon logging in this Monday morning. Account was not signed out over the weekend; but, it was locked. Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.437 I did a search and what...
  8. Phone Modem stopped working

Phone Modem stopped working: I Recently found that my external USB modem has stopped working while trying to send a FAX. It also will not work with the PhoneTray telemarketer blocking system. I then purchased a new Hiro external USB modem that is supposed to work with Windows 10, but it also does not...
  9. Windows Backup stopped working.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup stopped working.: I manually back up my Laptop using Windows Backup with a system image. Last week the Backup stopped working with Error Code: 0x8078012D, research suggested using CHKDSK which didn't help. Also during Backup I get a warning in the Event Log ("IO operation . was retried"). This...
  10. Start Menu Sometimes Stops Working And Cortana Becomes Shorter

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Sometimes Stops Working And Cortana Becomes Shorter: Hey, everybody. Right now, sometimes, I would click on the start menu and it will not open. However, Cortana still works, but the window is shorter than usual. I have to restart Windows Explorer every time that happens, but it is only a temporary fix. Can you please help me...