Windows 10: Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart

Discus and support Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a laptop HP ENVY 15 (core i7, 16 GB of RAM). The problem is that windows 10 stops working after about 2 minutes from showing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by madagaber, May 16, 2016.

1. madagaber Win User

Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart

Hi everyone,
    I have a laptop HP ENVY 15 (core i7, 16 GB of RAM).
    The problem is that windows 10 stops working after about 2 minutes from showing the desktop, sometimes i open the explorer and log into my email and the it stops or even open my computer, although i still can move the mouse, i can't do anything else, so i just press the power button for few seconds until the laptop turns off. this problem doesn't happen each time i turn on the laptop, it happens about every 3 time.
    That problem started to happen after i upgraded to windows 10 and never happened on windows 8.1

So does anyone know how to fix that?
    Thanks

:)

madagaber, May 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 animations stop working after each restart!

Hi,

I have windows 10 on my surface pro 3 and somehow got a virus (Ads in browsers, adware) so I used malwarebytes to remove it. Not sure if this s related but every time i restart the laptop, the animations (like minimizing and maximizing windows) stop working
    and I have to manually go to the appearance settings and apply the setting for it to work, every single time. Is there any solution? :/

thank you!

walidhazem, May 16, 2016
  3. Sound issues in Windows 10

Why do I have to restart my Toshiba laptop frequently since I updated to windows 10 to briefly get the sound to work. It last for about 2 to 3 minutes then the sound stops working every time I restart. it doesn't seem to matter which browser I use thiss
    occurs whether I use Firefox or Microsoft edge.

I need to know124, May 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this suggests- maybe- that sthg starting up after you log on is killing your PC, maybe incompatible with Win 10.

I'd suggest you try this:
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    This is the first level of such diagnosis only.. what you should aim for is to reach a state where you can log in and not experience a crash.

Also, not the time of some of these crashes and then have a look at your reliability history (type 'reli' into the Cortana search bar) and look for reports at those times.

Similarly have a look at your event log using Event Viewer.

You could also try Safe Mode for comparison and play around 'long enough' in Safe Mode to establish a basic level of confidence.

dalchina, May 16, 2016
  5. madagaber Win User
    Hi, Thanks dalchina for the reply, i've tried checking the reliability, but each time it was telling me (windows was not properly shut down) and didn't give any reasons for that.
    Anyway, i looked it up in the internet again and finally found the solution, and decided to share it in case anyone else have the same problem.
    That was because i had 2 antiviruses on my machine, AVAST and Avira, and when i uninstalled the Avira, the problem disappeared and never happened again.
    So, thanks again for the reply.

madagaber, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stops working every 3 times of restart - Similar Threads - stops working every

2. Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time: This is a very unique problem. Since Feb 6th 2024 every time I boot my PC it hangs on the boot for about 2 minutes then crashes to Inaccessible_boot_device bluescreen, then restarts, then boots up normally.I have tried driver rollbacks and all sorts of things but it still...
  3. Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Inaccessible_boot_device, then PC restarts, then works. Every time: This is a very unique problem. Since Feb 6th 2024 every time I boot my PC it hangs on the boot for about 2 minutes then crashes to Inaccessible_boot_device bluescreen, then restarts, then boots up normally.I have tried driver rollbacks and all sorts of things but it still...
  4. Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer restarts every 2-3 minutes: Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22000.527, time stamp: 0x59dc9944Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.22000.1, time stamp: 0x00e78ce9Exception code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x000000000007dd7eFaulting process id: 0x2648Faulting application...
  5. Secondary monitor stops working after every restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor stops working after every restart: Hello experts. Please help me out. I have latest Win10 updates and latest Nvidia driver 461.09. I have Gforce GTX 650 on Windows 10 Pro N 64bit. My second monitor only works when I reinstall the gforce driver. Once I shutdown or reboot It stops working. I can see the...
  6. Windows crashes every time I restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes every time I restart: Every time I restart, my computer shuts down fine, and when it comes time for the loading screen to show up, there's just...nothing. For 10-15 minutes. Then there's a crash report that shows up, and then it starts. But it starts and operates thereafter slowly and in a...
  7. Please Help! Every Time I Restart My Laptop Something New Stops Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please Help! Every Time I Restart My Laptop Something New Stops Working: So earlier in the week I restarted my laptop - and when I tried to open a picture it couldn't find the picture. Then it couldn't find the app store. Now the option for wifi has totally disappeared - and yes, i reinstalled the drivers and nada. I swear to god, I'm about two...
  8. Laptop stops recognizing monitor every time laptop restarts.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stops recognizing monitor every time laptop restarts.: Hi all, I have been having this issue for a few month ever since I got a monitor for my desk. It seems that every time my laptop restarts, it doesn’t recognize the monitor. After hours of troubleshooting each time, I eventually have solved the issue by updating drivers,...
  9. on every restart/startup laptop flashes cscript.exe 2-3 times

in Windows 10 Customization
    on every restart/startup laptop flashes cscript.exe 2-3 times: hello. i recently bought a laptop and at first i did not had this issue but now i noticed that on every login after restart or startup a cscript.exe named file opens up for like 2 seconds max then closes and opens again and closes again. i tried opening it manually by going...
  10. After restarting pc 3 things stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
    After restarting pc 3 things stopped working: after i restarted my pc because I couldnt type in the search bar, i noticed that there wasnt a wifi logo at the corner and the audio sign showed that it had no audio and when i checked the devices (i use a tpling 300mbps wifi adapter) the adapter was there and it showed that...