Windows 10: Windows 10 Store/Apps

Discus and support Windows 10 Store/Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A while a back ago I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. I was happy to go back to the classic shell look and feel. Although signing-in password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Help410, May 29, 2016.

1. Help410 Win User

Windows 10 Store/Apps

A while a back ago I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. I was happy to go back to the classic shell look and feel. Although signing-in password changing/disabling is sadly not up to par as it should be (Can't disable pw/cannnot change back to old pw). Anyways back to my main issue the windows 10 store and apps.

Ways I've tried to get it up and working or just other problems
    1) wsreset.exe- fail
    2) http://www.techgeekandmore.com/2015/...r-0x80070003/- worked for 1-2 apps then failed
    2.1) Renaming SoftwareDistribution to .OLD- failed
    3) Every single time I run something in command prompt or admin. powershell I break the start menu & cortana or It- fails
    4) I also have trouble logging into the windows store. When I click sign-in I just get a plain blank box, it's like the java script didn't load the sign-in material. I'm pretty sure my java is up to date last time I checked.

In conclusion, it sounds like I need a reinstallation of windows 10/store ; or even to get rid of system entirely (reverting back to 8). It would be a lot of help if someone could give me some kind of direction to take this, because this has been baffling me for awhile. I'm surprised Microsoft has not put out a message about this; although I did hear they pulled their recent windows store update and did update the start menu and cortana in their last update (ofc I just broke it again *Sad).

:)

Help410, May 29, 2016

2. Windows 10 start menu missing icon

Most of the apps missing icons are windows store apps. Does anyone know where windows 10 stores the windows store apps? How do I restore the windows store app icons?

William Kochevar, May 29, 2016
  3. den253 Win User
    Windows 10 store app not working.

windows 10 store app quit working

Old title: windows 10 store app

den253, May 29, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 Store/Apps

I would do a Clean Install.
    Keep nothing.
    No "carry-over baggage".
    Start Fresh.

davidhk, May 29, 2016
  5. Help410 Win User
    I found this, so maybe I have the old store that needs a new update from Microsoft? It's just kind of wierd there's only one post about it.......

Help410, May 29, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Your link is no good. Can't open it.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Store/Apps

1. Windows 10 Store/Apps - Similar Threads - Store Apps

2. Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.: Went through every possible way to fix the Microsoft store. Just to be clear heres a list of troubleshooting that has NOT worked to fix my issue. 1. I recommend temporarily uninstalling or disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software you may have installed. These...
  3. Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps on Microsoft store get stuck downloading and wont cancel downloads.: Went through every possible way to fix the Microsoft store. Just to be clear heres a list of troubleshooting that has NOT worked to fix my issue. 1. I recommend temporarily uninstalling or disabling any third-party antivirus or firewall software you may have installed. These...
  4. After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...: A week ago i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate Subscription and now when i try to install something on the Windows Store or the Xbox App it doesn't let me. On the Xbox App it deleted all my apps i had on it. I already tried resetting and repairing both apps but they remain the...
  5. After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...

After i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate subscription my microsoft store and xbox app dont...: A week ago i cancelled my Game Pass Ultimate Subscription and now when i try to install something on the Windows Store or the Xbox App it doesn't let me. On the Xbox App it deleted all my apps i had on it. I already tried resetting and repairing both apps but they remain the...
  6. I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...: I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store, I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-desktop-and-i-have-not-been-able-to/8d653e86-d1d1-4ca6-870b-0b56331cf7b6
  7. I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...

I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store,...: I bought a new desktop, and I have not been able to download an app in my Microsoft store, I need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-bought-a-new-desktop-and-i-have-not-been-able-to/8d653e86-d1d1-4ca6-870b-0b56331cf7b6
  8. Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?: I would like to see the date and revision of an App in the Microsoft Store before I decide to install that application not the revision of applications that are already installed on my PC. I would have assumed that such critical information should be available in the...
  9. Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?: I would like to see the date and revision of an App in the Microsoft Store before I decide to install that application not the revision of applications that are already installed on my PC. I would have assumed that such critical information should be available in the...
  10. Where do you see the date an app was last updated in the Microsoft Store?