Windows 10: windows 10 store how do i stop it

Discus and support windows 10 store how do i stop it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Howdy, as the title says, its getting very annoying now auto starting, i close it then dam maps will appear, stop that then dam weather starts, i hate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DR3WST3R, Jul 17, 2015.

1. DR3WST3R Win User

windows 10 store how do i stop it

Howdy, as the title says, its getting very annoying now auto starting, i close it then dam maps will appear, stop that then dam weather starts, i hate the dam things, i dont want them, there totally useless for me, how can i stop/disable the dam things.

all help well appreciated

:)

DR3WST3R, Jul 17, 2015

2. window 10 threathed again how do I stop it

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question for better understanding of the issue.

1. Are you presently in Windows 7 or Windows 10?

If you are using Windows 7, to know how to stop getting updates, please follow the below link.

Turn automatic updating on or off

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...-off#turn-automatic-updating-on-off=windows-7

Also, please follow the below method to troubleshoot.

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/306525

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jul 17, 2015
  3. window 10 threathed again how do I stop it

my last three posting cover this same problem.

My computer are old I wound guess about 15 years. They do not take kindling to the windows 10 upgrade. During the upgrade the BIOS on the motherboard this updated and my USB ports can only handle a keyboard and mouse all other devices are no longer recognized.

MY 1st post cover my very old XP machines, I did the final upgrade to XP at the same time on all four of my machines I lost the USB device on all four machines. I keep copies of the operating system on separate hard drives I replaced the current drives
    with the backups and the UBS problem Remained. all other suggested fixes failed as well. these machine became worthless to me.

I pick up four windows 7 machines to replace the damaged XP machines. When the Windows 10 upgrade start I allowed one of four machines to be upgraded. The usb ports again went bye-bye

My computers serve me as they are. The upgrade will damaged them, I do not want this upgrade??? I have stopped two forced upgrades already and a 3rd is threatening

Is there any way to stop these upgrades permantly

stuck in his ways, Jul 17, 2015
  4. crisoliv Win User

I have noticed that after some idling time, apps (not sure if it happens to specific apps) are randomly opening by theirselves.

Today after an idling time, i noticed more RAM in use. I opened the Task Manager and I saw Store, Calculator and Mail apps running. Other day were other apps, such as Groove, Weather, etc.

crisoliv, Jul 18, 2015
  5. bbinnard Win User
    I had the same problem. Fix it by R-Click start box/Settings/Privacy/Background Apps and just turn them all off.

bbinnard, Jul 19, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Apps shouldn't be starting themselves... I've not seen that behavior before, and my guess is that this is something related to an upgrade gone awry...

Mystere, Jul 19, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    I've experienced the likes of the Store opening randomly in older Builds but, nothing in the last few Builds.

Edwin, Jul 19, 2015
  8. jay969 Win User

I don't get what ur saying

jay969, Jul 21, 2015
  9. Live tiles maybe? If so just right click and select turn off live tile.

alphanumeric, Jul 21, 2015
  10. DR3WST3R Win User
    thanks for reply, its not live tiles, its the actual store activation on idle, i close that then its maps, tv & films or something else, its always activating on idle and always 3-4 times i need to click close to get rid, ive had enough, its so obtrusive, at least 10-20 time an evening. i hate it, dont want it, never used it, never will so i want some way of disabling store like win 8-8.1 could after running gpedit but in win 10 store not there anymore

DR3WST3R, Jul 22, 2015
  11. I think you have malware on your system. I've never ever seen anything like that on any of my Windows 8 systems or my Windows 10 system. How did you install Windows 10? Where did you get your install media from?

alphanumeric, Jul 22, 2015
  12. DR3WST3R Win User
    no malware here, ran malwarebytes, trojan killer n webroot, all clean, downloaded win 10 ISO from microsoft

DR3WST3R, Jul 22, 2015
  13. windows 10 store how do i stop it

If it was me I'd reinstall, or do a refresh or reset. Something is not right, that is not normal behavior.

alphanumeric, Jul 22, 2015
  14. DR3WST3R Win User
    windows 10 store how do i stop it [​IMG]

Howdy, done a reinstall and I'm still getting store crap activating and Ive disabled all sorts of settings, this is getting beyond a joke now. some 1 needs to find a way of disabling store features as its obtrusive and something i no for a fact i'll never use, if onedrive can be disabled/uninstalled why not the store and its features, win 8/8.1 you could. i also noticed photo and fax viewer is now gone and some poxy photo viewer is used, if i click a photo how do i click to see next 1

DR3WST3R, Jul 25, 2015
  15. just a thought, but cant remember where the option is (might be messed up with local account)

turn off the option for app recommendations and see if it stops it

not sure where this is though, right click taskbar and then under properties or in Settings under personalisation

paulsalter, Jul 25, 2015
Thema:

1. windows 10 store how do i stop it - Similar Threads - store stop

2. How do I stop showing my private photos I store in Onedrive in the photos widget in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop showing my private photos I store in Onedrive in the photos widget in Windows 11?: Why show it in the first place without asking permission? This can cause damage to people when it appears like that in public without their awareness when they click on the widget icon. And what worse, there is no way to delete it from there it shows screenshots of videos,...
  3. How do I stop showing my private photos I store in Onedrive in the photos widget in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop showing my private photos I store in Onedrive in the photos widget in Windows 11?: Why show it in the first place without asking permission? This can cause damage to people when it appears like that in public without their awareness when they click on the widget icon. And what worse, there is no way to delete it from there it shows screenshots of videos,...
  4. Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...: It started to pop up messages saying that MS was missing, i tried to make alot of stuff to make it work but it just didn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-ive-had-this-problem-microsoft-store-stopped/89e4d936-b43c-4b6e-9f87-6c315d1d529d
  5. Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...

Hello, i've had this problem, microsoft store stopped downloading/update apps, did...: It started to pop up messages saying that MS was missing, i tried to make alot of stuff to make it work but it just didn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-ive-had-this-problem-microsoft-store-stopped/89e4d936-b43c-4b6e-9f87-6c315d1d529d
  6. Store Installer has Stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store Installer has Stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-installer-has-stopped-working/b07ef4ca-4ac6-48d5-8fc9-722a02c24807
  7. Store Installer has Stopped working

Store Installer has Stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/store-installer-has-stopped-working/b07ef4ca-4ac6-48d5-8fc9-722a02c24807
  8. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  9. how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads

how do i stop Microsoft store from stopping downloads: Whenever I try and download something The Microsoft store stops the download saying that this app isn't in the Microsoft store and I don't know how to stop this from happening....
  10. My microsoft store has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft store has stopped working: My Microsoft store has stopped working as well as store apps like notepad, photos, etc. Also when I run a particular troubleshooter I get an error message of "This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is...