Windows 10: Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing)

Discus and support Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys, Recently the windows store stopped working for me, well I say recently but I hadn't used it in a long time till recently so I don't know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by xZonerx, Sep 30, 2016.

1. xZonerx Win User

Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing)

Hello guys,

Recently the windows store stopped working for me, well I say recently but I hadn't used it in a long time till recently so I don't know for how long it has actually been out of commission.

When I try to open it it will flash for a second before quickly closing. Searching the internet for solutions has shown me that this is a known issue.

So far I've tried a large number of things to try and fix it:

-Tried Windows Powershell
    -Tried Win store Troubleshooter
    -Tried making a new Microsoft account
    -Tried using a local account
    -Tried clearing the store cache and deleting its folders
    -Tried messing around in regedit thinking it may be a permission issue
    -Tried Win store reset
    -Tried disabling firewall + antivirus and trying powershell + reset
    -Tried a clean install of Windows 10

Nothings worked so far, so any new solutions would be greatly appreciated *Smile

Cheers.

:)

xZonerx, Sep 30, 2016
  2. Autumn20 Win User

Calculator will not open on screen in Windows 10?

My calculator also flashes. I tried to open the Trusted Windows Store App in the Start menu (to get a new calculator), but the Store also flashes (opens) then immediately closes.

What a bunch of crap!

WIN 10 Home version 1607

Autumn20, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Store Flashes Open and Closes

WINDOWS STORE NOT OPENING IN WINDOWS 10 PRO

same problem here Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing) :(

When I try to open the app store, the window just flashes open and closes with no errors.

already tried all fixes given on the community and other forums :

1. delete files in packages>local>local cache

2. powershell commands

3. command prompt ....

4. etc

nothing works.

also I see an exclamatory mark on the windows store tile and the tile is decolored/ darkened.

want to download more apps but the store does not open.

please help!

Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing) [​IMG]

Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing) [​IMG]

NikunjGoyal, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing)

The same Happens for all of my windows default apps like groove music , photos app , store app , etc .

mohammedkh, Oct 3, 2016
  5. xZonerx Win User
    Yes, a few of my other default apps do not work either, but I only really care about the store and the only reason for that is to buy Forza 3 Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing) :p

xZonerx, Oct 3, 2016
  6. Then we need urgent help Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing) :p !

mohammedkh, Oct 3, 2016
  7. I just went through a very similar scenario: Windows Store would open, but would frequently crash when a search was performed, and any downloads from the store wouldn't complete; an error message would be generated. Also, any pre-installed store apps would crash immediately. I went through all the 'solutions' (numerous times), except for a clean install, that you have tried, with no luck.
    What finally did work was booting from a recovery flash drive, and restoring the system to OOTB conditions. Choose "Remove my programs and files" on the Recovery screen, not the Recycle option. I then used a backup hard drive to re-install settings, apps, files, and programs.
    So, back up any and all files that you want to keep (You should perform a backup regularly anyway) on a separate drive, and run Recovery. Have fun!

rstrub1955, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing)

1. Windows 10 Store not working (flashes opening opening before closing) - Similar Threads - Store working flashes

2. Windows store or minecraft will not open, it opens then closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store or minecraft will not open, it opens then closes: Okay, so for the past few days everytime I open microsoft store or minecraft it just shows its opening then disappears, it never opens and ive tried everything including:WIN+R wsreset.exePowershell commandsServicesRestartedResetUpdated to windows 11If anyone can help that...
  3. Windows store or minecraft will not open, it opens then closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store or minecraft will not open, it opens then closes: Okay, so for the past few days everytime I open microsoft store or minecraft it just shows its opening then disappears, it never opens and ive tried everything including:WIN+R wsreset.exePowershell commandsServicesRestartedResetUpdated to windows 11If anyone can help that...
  4. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows flash open and then close: Has this issue been resolved:Windows flash open then vanish in the blink of an eye. It occurs many times an hour. It is very annoying and undermines my trust in the system. How do I stop this malfunction?I have seen this problem discussed before, but the fixes suggested...
  5. Windows flash open and then close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows flash open and then close: Has this issue been resolved:Windows flash open then vanish in the blink of an eye. It occurs many times an hour. It is very annoying and undermines my trust in the system. How do I stop this malfunction?I have seen this problem discussed before, but the fixes suggested...
  6. Windows flash open and then close

7. Windows Store Opening and Closing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Opening and Closing: HiCan someone help me ?i just formatting my computer because ransomware attack and after i formatting computer i want to download game from microsoft store but it didn't work i try every method and no one work and yeah i reinstall the windows again after the format can...
  8. Windows Store Opening and Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Store Opening and Closing: HiCan someone help me ?i just formatting my computer because ransomware attack and after i formatting computer i want to download game from microsoft store but it didn't work i try every method and no one work and yeah i reinstall the windows again after the format can...
  9. Windows Store Opening and Closing

10. Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close

Windows Store UWP applications flash open and immediately close: Will anyone please help a stranger in need? I have encountered a problem, a rather frequent problem in fact, it is simple but it is also a problem I failed to solve myself. The thing is as described in the subject title, Windows Store downloaded Universal Windows Platform...