Windows 10: Windows 10 Store Not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Store Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Earlier, I went onto the app store to download a new game, but there wasn't any install button. Additionally, those spinning dots just stayed on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Soren, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Soren Win User

Windows 10 Store Not Working

Earlier, I went onto the app store to download a new game, but there wasn't any install button. Additionally, those spinning dots just stayed on the page not going away, even when I went back to the main page. I restarted my computer, but to no avail. I logged out on the store, but now I get an error whenever I try to log back in. Can anyone help?

EDIT: This happens for every app and game, not just the one I'm trying to download.

:)

Soren, Oct 25, 2015

2. MS Store

Error 0x80070422 occurs when there is a problem with the update. To help resolve the issue, you can run the troubleshooter by following the steps provided in this After doing so, try updating Windows Store one more time and see if the same issue will happen

I get this.
    Windows 10 Store Not Working [​IMG]

My store itis not working, Oct 25, 2015
  3. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Oct 25, 2015
  4. Soren Win User

Just in case, this is what the store looks like.

Soren, Oct 26, 2015
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi can you confirm you reset your PC as in
    "remove everything and start over completely with a clean installation of Windows 10 on your PC."

What is the error message you get?

I notice you have a 'person' icon or whatever it's called next to your search box. I read something about that months ago- something about not being logged in or using a live account - just a dim memory I'm afraid.

Does Cortana work for you, and are there 5 icons in a vertical row on the left side?

dalchina, Oct 26, 2015
  6. Soren Win User
    Sorry, I meant to say restart my computer. I'll change that.

It just says this when I try to log in.

Also, I'm not sure what Cortana is.

Soren, Oct 26, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    A search tells you what Cortana is.. it's famously supposed to be to Windows 10 what Siri is to Apple.

Win key + S should open it..
    Post a screen shot of what you see.. I'm guessing that's not working either, 'cos you're not signed in to an account MS recognises.

Do you log in to your PC (I mean before the desktop is displayed) and if so, how? using a local account or with a live id?
    (If you're not sure what I mean, please look it up). Cortana is (in this case) the blue/grey rectangle bottom left above the task bar.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Oct 26, 2015
  9. Soren Win User
    This is what I see:

And I sign in with a local account.

EDIT: Sorry about the extra pictures. Not sure how that happened.

Soren, Oct 26, 2015
  10. Soren Win User
    I tried the steps above, but it didn't work either. But yeah, I think logging in is the problem.

Soren, Oct 26, 2015
  11. dalchina New Member
    Try:
    Install Windows 10 Store Apps Without Switching to a Microsoft Account
    Ok, now I know Cortana's ok, suggests probably nothing is fundamentally broken and knowing you sign in with a local account, that takes us to the little 'person' icon next to the search box I mentioned before.

I think the link above will help you. Normal operation as per MS.

dalchina, Oct 26, 2015
  12. Soren Win User
    Still doesn't work. The error message appears at step 4, logging in.

Soren, Oct 26, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

What bothers me a little about the store is that you have to have Windows Firewall running to get any updates. I use Avast AIS which has it's own firewall so I have no use for the Windows one. I also have little or no use for any of MS apps but the weather one , so it is really not an issue.

14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Oct 26, 2015
  15. Soren Win User
    I'm not sure if this helps, but I get an error message or a not connected to internet message when signing in to other apps, like the calendar, mail, and XBOX.

Soren, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Store Not Working - Similar Threads - Store Working

2. Sign in buttons for Microsoft store and Xbox apps not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sign in buttons for Microsoft store and Xbox apps not working: I recently had to replace my hard drive, and am trying to get all my games back up and running. In order to get onto Minecraft, I need to be signed into both the Microsoft Store and Xbox apps. However, neither login/sign in buttons are working. I am able to sign into either...
  3. Sign in buttons for Microsoft store and Xbox apps not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in buttons for Microsoft store and Xbox apps not working: I recently had to replace my hard drive, and am trying to get all my games back up and running. In order to get onto Minecraft, I need to be signed into both the Microsoft Store and Xbox apps. However, neither login/sign in buttons are working. I am able to sign into either...
  4. Sign in buttons for Microsoft store and Xbox apps not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Apps such as Microsoft Store , Xbox App , Xbox Gamebar and hp softwares not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Apps such as Microsoft Store , Xbox App , Xbox Gamebar and hp softwares not working...: I reset my windows 11 laptop yesterday but after that windows apps such as Microsoft Store, Xbox App, Xbox Gamebar have not been functioning properly same with some of the hp software apps.For example: I try to open Microsoft Store, it opens after few seconds but then keeps...
  6. Windows Apps such as Microsoft Store , Xbox App , Xbox Gamebar and hp softwares not working...

Windows Apps such as Microsoft Store , Xbox App , Xbox Gamebar and hp softwares not working...: I reset my windows 11 laptop yesterday but after that windows apps such as Microsoft Store, Xbox App, Xbox Gamebar have not been functioning properly same with some of the hp software apps.For example: I try to open Microsoft Store, it opens after few seconds but then keeps...
  7. Microsoft store will not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store will not work: Windows 10 22H2Like the title says, the microsoft store will not work. I can open it up and look through the tabs but that's all it will do. It will not download anything, will not launch anything; if I view a page for an app or game it will freeze. Trying to update any apps...
  8. Need help with my Microsoft Store, it's not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with my Microsoft Store, it's not working properly.: Hi!I have problem my with Microsoft Store, I cannot update my apps and not even can't download any apps from Store. It says: "Something unexpected happened".Please reply me as soon as possible. Sincerely Sadiq...
  9. Need help with my Microsoft Store, it's not working properly.

Need help with my Microsoft Store, it's not working properly.: Hi!I have problem my with Microsoft Store, I cannot update my apps and not even can't download any apps from Store. It says: "Something unexpected happened".Please reply me as soon as possible. Sincerely Sadiq...
  10. Xbox App and Windows Store not working after 23H2 update

Xbox App and Windows Store not working after 23H2 update: I recently updated my computer to Windows 11 23H2 and then tried accessing my gamepass games. The xbox app would not open and when I tried updating the app the microsoft store failed to update anything. I tried uninstalling the xbox app but then the store couldn't reinstall...