Windows 10: Windows 10 store will not open

Discus and support Windows 10 store will not open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I am new to this site but have read online that it's the best place to come to for help with Windows 10 (which I am not impressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sd61507, May 28, 2016.

1. sd61507 Win User

Windows 10 store will not open

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site but have read online that it's the best place to come to for help with Windows 10 (which I am not impressed with AT ALL). I purchased a new Dell desktop about 3 months ago that came with Windows 10 and it's really never worked well from the start. The current issue I am trying to fix is being able to access the Store. When I try to open it the blue Store screen does pop up with the white Microsoft shopping bag icon on it, but then it just thinks and thinks and nothing else ever happens.

There are a number of other issue I have with parts of Windows 10 that don't work correctly that I'm sure will come up as I try to trouble shoot this, but I will start here. Any help you might be able to offer would be very much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

:)

sd61507, May 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 Store will not open

That did not solve the problem. I ran WSreset again and got the same purge cache error.

BRUTIKUSAROV, May 28, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Hi @sd61507, welcome to Ten Forums.

The first two things I would check, is your PC synced correctly to internet time?:
    Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items and select Date and Time.
    When the box pops up, go to the Internet Time tab, and click change settings, then click update now. You might get a error the first time, just try it a few times.

Second in the settings app, go to Privacy then Location and make sure Location is turned on.

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  5. sd61507 Win User
    Hello Cliff,

Thank you for the fast reply! Well here's the next glitch I guess, when I go to Internet Time and hit Change Settings the screen completely freezes (I can't even X out of it or right click on the task bar to close the window). I can still navigate around the rest of my computer but that screen is frozen. I had this same thing happen before when trying to access Network & Internet through the Settings app.

On a side note, I checked Location and it is turned on.

sd61507, May 28, 2016
  6. sd61507 Win User
    To update, eventually (about 20 min. later) an error message popped up that read "Unable to Continue - You do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact your computer administrator for help." I was then able to hit OK and exit out of the window.

sd61507, May 28, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Are you using an administrative account?
    You could also try and see if in the settings app, you have it set like this(for your time zone of course*Smile):

Windows 10 store will not open [​IMG]

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  8. sd61507 Win User

I am the only user so would that make me the admin.? I set it up when I first got the computer and haven't added any other users.

Set Time Automatically and Set Time Zone Automatically were Off. When I went to turn Set Time Automatically to On it got stuck in Off just thinking and thinking. It took about 5 minutes of this before it finally finished and then switched to On.

When I went to change Set Time Zone Automatically though it got stuck in On just thinking and thinking, the difference with this one though is that after about 5 minutes it stopped thinking it switched back to Off. I tried again with the same result.

sd61507, May 28, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    You can try fixing things, by copy & pasting the following in an Admin Command Prompt:

fsutil resource setautoreset true c:\&fsutil usn deletejournal /d /n c:&Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc /scannow&Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase&pause

And let it run through.
    Then reboot and run it again, to check if it cleaned and fixed everything.
    It may take awhile depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD),
    and it may appear to freeze at 20% on the third part,
    just be patient and let in run out.

This basically cleans up your Windows side by side folders(WinSxS) and checks your system files for errors, and downloads any incorrect ones from Microsoft servers to replace them it can.

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  10. sd61507 Win User
    When I right click on the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) nothing happens. The only way I can get to the Command Prompt is Start-All Apps-WIndows System-Command Prompt. When I copied and pasted your instructions below I got this message:

Error: Access is denied.

Error: Access is denied.

Error: 740

Elevated permissions are required to run DISM.
    Use an elevated command prompt to complete these tasks.

You must be an administrator running a console session in order to
    use the sfc utility.

Press any key to continue . . .

Aside from this are a couple of other issues I have run into:

Ctrl-Alt-Delete brings up the menu to select Task Manager. When I select Task Manager though nothing happens, it never comes up.

When I right click on something on my desk top to delete it the computer gets stuck thinking. I can still navigate some of my computer but most (like the taskbar) is frozen. The only way to get out of this is to sign off and back on.

Also, when I try to go to Update and Security through All Settings I get this (a blank screen)...

sd61507, May 28, 2016
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Is you Windows 19 activated?

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  12. sd61507 Win User
    Hi Cliff,

I'm not sure what that means?

sd61507, May 28, 2016
  13. sd61507 Win User

And to update again - right clicking on my desktop to delete did finally work, it just took about 20 min. of thinking before the menu came up that allowed me to delete.

sd61507, May 28, 2016
  14. Cliff S New Member
    Windows 10 store will not open [​IMG]

Cliff S, May 28, 2016
  15. sd61507 Win User
    Oh, you said Windows 19 so it confused me *Smile I don't know if my Windows is activated, as I mentioned I'm not able to access Update & Security through All Settings. All I get is a blank screen (please see screen shot attached to previous post).

sd61507, May 28, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 store will not open - Similar Threads - store open

2. my microsoft store open nahi hora he

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my microsoft store open nahi hora he: my microsoft store not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-open-nahi-hora-he/a25db109-dd5b-4c88-bca3-83e8c36309db
  3. my microsoft store open nahi hora he

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microsoft store open nahi hora he: my microsoft store not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-store-open-nahi-hora-he/a25db109-dd5b-4c88-bca3-83e8c36309db
  4. my microsoft store open nahi hora he

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Microsoft Store is not opening in Win 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store is not opening in Win 11.: Whatsapp wasnt working even after opening so i tried to update it in ms store. but it failed to update and now ms store isnt opening at all. no error messages at all. after i tried to reset whatsapp it isnt opening either?? this happened after update KB5035853 on 14.03.2024....
  6. Microsoft Store is not opening in Win 11.

Microsoft Store is not opening in Win 11.: Whatsapp wasnt working even after opening so i tried to update it in ms store. but it failed to update and now ms store isnt opening at all. no error messages at all. after i tried to reset whatsapp it isnt opening either?? this happened after update KB5035853 on 14.03.2024....
  7. How can I open my Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I open my Microsoft Store?: Store application is crashing while I'm downloading apps. Version 23H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-my-microsoft-store/cad10369-8272-48bf-a85c-9bb4b2522b2a
  8. How can I open my Microsoft Store?

How can I open my Microsoft Store?: Store application is crashing while I'm downloading apps. Version 23H2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-my-microsoft-store/cad10369-8272-48bf-a85c-9bb4b2522b2a
  9. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...
  10. I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games

I can't open Microsoft Store settings or install any games: Whenever I click on settings in the Microsoft Store App it instantly freezes then closes.I've tried the following:- Repairing and resetting the App- Uninstalling and reinstalling it using Powershelladmin- Cleared the cache through Cmdadmin- Ran a troubleshoot- Checked for...