Windows 10: Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen

Discus and support Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per the attached screen shot. Not too sure what causes that text to float on the screen no matter what page or windows or application is running,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OceansBlue, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen

As per the attached screen shot.
    Not too sure what causes that text to float on the screen no matter what page or windows or application is running, it is floating on top.
    is there a way to reset it other than Restart and or Logout / Login ?...

Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen [​IMG]

:)

OceansBlue, Feb 2, 2017

2. how do I backspace without erasing

There are no arrow buttons on the windows phone keyboard. You can place the cursor any where in text by pressing and holding your finger on the screen to reveal the floating cursor...then slide your finger on the screen to guide the floating cursor to
    the place in your text you want to insert text or edit.

Julie fka profjulie, Feb 2, 2017
  3. E71 Caller Id problem

Mine's finally FIXED!!!! Check your phonebook for all "(unnamed)" entries and delete all of them. i.e. E71 for some strange reason creates duplicate entries of some phone numbers that you have in your phonebook and names them "(unnamed)"..

When searching for "(unnamed)" make sure you start with the open parenthesis then type "unnamed" with no quotation marks and then close parenthesis which might not be necessary but type it in anyway..

Another way of finding the "(unnamed)" entries is to press the phonebook icon and scroll up. Hope that makes sense! Then delete all of those entries.

Try it and please let me know if it works! It worked for me and my friend's E71 phones!!!

It click to me when the person whose caller id stopped working actually called me and my phone displayed "(unnamed)" calling. So I checked to see if I had an entry called "(unnamed)" in the phonebook. I found it and deleted it. The next time he called,
    his name finally came up properly!

geekchick23, Feb 2, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen

dalchina, Feb 3, 2017
  5. *Smile

Did you read my question ?

" As per the attached screen shot.
    Not too sure what causes that text to float on the screen no matter what page or windows or application is running, it is floating on top.
    is there a way to reset it other than Restart and or Logout / Login ?... "

Look inside the red box on the attached screen

*Smile

OceansBlue, Feb 23, 2017
  6. Win10Pro Win User
    Does it mean that after the restart and / or Logout / Login the text dissapears?

Win10Pro, Feb 23, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    It appears to be a 'Mouse Hover Tip' from whatever application had mouse focus before the incognito window was invoked, usually going to the desktop, right clicking and click 'Refresh' would solve it.

Edwin, Feb 23, 2017
  8. Win10Pro Win User

In the first post OceansBlue asked "what causes that text to float on the screen no matter what page or windows or application is running" by which I understood that when he / she boots up the computer the word Training immediately pops up and remains on the screen all the time.

In the second, however, OceansBlue suggests that it disappears after the restart, so I'm a bit confused now.

Win10Pro, Feb 23, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    @OceansBlue, if it is a 'mouse hover tip' as has been suggested, probably not. But you don't have to restart or log out to reset it. You should only have to restart Explorer. Doing so won't affect any open apps, it just redraws the desktop and taskbar.
    explorer.exe Process - Restart in Windows 10

10. Bree New Member
  11. No it is not a mouse Hover tip. Starting Explorer removes it.

OceansBlue, Feb 23, 2017
  12. Starting Explorer removes it. Thanks !

OceansBlue, Feb 23, 2017
  13. Bree New Member

Good! Now you've just got to work out what puts it there (the word 'Training' should be a clue) and why it gets left on the screen (check video drivers are up to date).

Thema:

1. Windows 10 strange unnamed floating text on the screen - Similar Threads - strange unnamed floating

2. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  3. Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floating taskbar in the middle of the screen: Hello, below is an example of my problem:This is a duplicate taskbar that I cannot get rid of. I use an external monitor with my laptop, usually set to extend the laptop display - I will get three taskbars, one normal on my laptop, one normal on my monitor and a second one...
  4. Unnamed Apps Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unnamed Apps Windows 10: I have either one or two unnamed and unknown apps, as seen on the screenshots of the apps list and the start up apps list. The one in the apps list has its options greyed out. The one in the start up list Program I have turned off. This one is not shown amongst the apps in...
  5. Windows 10 Group Policy Editor strange text/font

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Group Policy Editor strange text/font: Hi, I have a feeling this might be an easy answer, but I am not sure how to describe it to find the answer just searching. Every attempt brings me pages of unrelated information. I upgraded Windows 10 home to Professional (1909) on my laptop using my own key. After it...
  6. Floating speaker icon on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Floating speaker icon on screen: I have a floating icon moving around on my screen. It is a square with an x'd out speaker. It's never been there before today. The mouse arrow does not capture it. I've been unable to remove it. How can it be removed?...
  7. Strange text in display settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange text in display settings.: [ATTACH] I see what looks like strange i18N text in my Display Settings....it doesn't show actual values just these odd texts. Anyone seen this before? After a quick search, I couldn't seem to find anyone with same issue....
  8. Start menu starts floating when searching by text input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu starts floating when searching by text input: Hi all I noticed a curious behaviour with my windows. As soon as I start typing into the Start menu, the menu floats up to the top portion of my screen. Is this how its supposed to work?? I am attaching a screen shots below Click start: [ATTACH] Start to type :...
  9. Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange floating panel with symbols & numbers randomly appears: For several months, with no apparent reason or trigger, this strange floating window has appeared - its almost always in the way and sometimes is hard to get rid of. There is no way to close it, its not clickable - I seem to be only able to get it to go away by tabbing...
  10. Strange red text line in Windows Update screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Strange red text line in Windows Update screen: Hi there guys, noticed a strange red line in my Windows Update screen. Posting screenshot here (it's in italian, but I'll offer a rough translation of the red line underneath) [img] The red line says something like "Some settings are handled by the...