Windows 10: Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode

Discus and support Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] One of the new additions to Windows 10 is how the OS handles tablets and desktops. In Windows 8, you were in either the modern environment or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode

Read more: Windows 10: Microsoft streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode

:)

Brink, Mar 14, 2015

2. Can't access desktop? Tutorials not working (Windows 10)

There's no more desktop tile in Windows 10, that was a Windows 8 thing.

In Windows 10, you can switch between tablet mode and desktop mode from the action center.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 14, 2015
  3. Don_714 Win User
    do you guys use tablet mode or just leave it as it is?

thx for the helpp

Don_714, Mar 14, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode

1. Windows 10: streamlines switching between desktop and tablet mode - Similar Threads - streamlines switching between

2. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  3. Explicit tablet mode switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explicit tablet mode switch: Can we get an explicit tablet mod switch for Windows 11?Here's the use case:Windows 11 auto-selects tablet mode if under certain circumstancesFor example, if you have a 2-in-1 PC like a Surface, Lenovo Yoga, HP x360, etc and you "tent" it by folding the keyboard backIt's also...
  4. Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface not switching between Tablet or Desktop: Hi, I have to manually change modes between Tablet and Desktop, even though the settings are to "switch and don't ask". Nothing happens when I plug in the dock, other than the usual USB sounds for devices connecting. Is there some other setting I have missed?...
  5. Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode

Start button switches to tablet mode and desktop mode: I have an HP laptop. Windows is up to date. I have recently switched to running in desktop mode but when i left click the start button instead of getting the start menu it switches to tablet mode. How do i fix this? Ive searched everywhere. if i right click it brings up...
  6. what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode: what is the difference between tablet mode and desktop mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-tablet-mode-and/8c87c268-ef51-40ab-a143-66b0da01d2de
  7. Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't switch from desktop to tablet mode: Having used W10 on the SurfacePro 2 with keyboard for several years, I suddenly find that I can only use desktop mode. When I try to switch to the tablet mode using the left hand windows icon on the task bar, the icon "greys out" and doesn't function, and from then on the...
  8. switched to tablet mode and my desktop is gone

switched to tablet mode and my desktop is gone: what happened to my desktop. I cant see or find anything I had saved to it. I need those items. I switched to tablet mode and my desktop is gone. it flahes underneath the windows 10 but goes away and I cant get to it....
  9. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I switch between tablet mode easily?: I know I can use settings, but that is a pain (too many steps). Would there be a one click (or double click) way to change this (toggle it?). Thanks. 11010
  10. Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto switch tablet/desktop mode stopped working...: Does anyone know how to turn on the automatic desktop/tablet mode switching? I run W10, the official release, on a Surface Pro 3 with a keyboard cover. Up to now, when I detach the keyboard I get asked if I want to switch to tablet mode, and when I attach the keyboard...