Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck after/during update

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck after/during update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Two days ago windows 10 did an update. But after a few hours I saw black screen with cursor. I tried different options that I read from forums, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alexey Shpaner, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 stuck after/during update

Two days ago windows 10 did an update. But after a few hours I saw black screen with cursor. I tried different options that I read from forums, but nothing helps. I entered to Safe mode only with help of command prompt from windows installation disk(bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal). But unfortunately, safe mode stuck also, I can't do nothing, task manager doesn't work. I tried also startup repair, but I can't see it.

Please help me. I don't have restore points or recovery disk.

Thank you

:)

Alexey Shpaner, Aug 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 7, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 stuck after/during update

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck after/during update

1. Windows 10 stuck after/during update - Similar Threads - stuck during update

2. Windows update stuck at 15% after computer shutdown during previous update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update stuck at 15% after computer shutdown during previous update: Last night when i went to shutdown my pc as i usually do it automaticly went into an update. During this update my power got cut and the pc obviusly shutdown in the middle of the update.Now to the problem. When i went to start my pc the morning after, the same update started....
  3. Windows update stuck at 15% after computer shutdown during previous update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update stuck at 15% after computer shutdown during previous update: Last night when i went to shutdown my pc as i usually do it automaticly went into an update. During this update my power got cut and the pc obviusly shutdown in the middle of the update.Now to the problem. When i went to start my pc the morning after, the same update started....
  4. Windows update stuck at 15% after computer shutdown during previous update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stuck during installation Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck during installation Windows 10: Hey i was installing windows 10 on imac with boot camp assistant when suddently the usb stick disconnected and now im stuck at a message saying "plug pack usb and press any key" so i did that but nothing is happening i tried putting it off power and back on but it gives me...
  6. Stuck during installation Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck during installation Windows 10: Hey i was installing windows 10 on imac with boot camp assistant when suddently the usb stick disconnected and now im stuck at a message saying "plug pack usb and press any key" so i did that but nothing is happening i tried putting it off power and back on but it gives me...
  7. Stuck during installation Windows 10

8. Update stucks during restarting

Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  9. windows stuck during restart and installing updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows stuck during restart and installing updates: i have compaq 621 laptop, i have no issue with windows 7 and windows 8. but in windows 8.1 and windows 10, it stucks during restart and also while installing updates. i have tried that if i disable fast startup , the same problem occurs during shutdown also means that i am...
  10. Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download: When trying to download the Win10 upgrade, it first takes me to Windows Update. It says "Check your PC before upgrading. Before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, something needs your attention." and presents a "Check your PC" button. When I click the button, it cranks...