Windows 10: Windows 10 Stuck At Login Screen With Spinning Circle

Discus and support Windows 10 Stuck At Login Screen With Spinning Circle in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Before I begin, I was able to use my computer up until now. I got home from work, and was able to log into my desktop computer. I was in the process... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LordXaero, Aug 5, 2015.

1. LordXaero Win User

Windows 10 Stuck At Login Screen With Spinning Circle

Before I begin, I was able to use my computer up until now.

I got home from work, and was able to log into my desktop computer. I was in the process of following some instructions on how to fix an issue with the Mail App. One of the instructions told me to disable Credential Manger, and Restart, and then after restarting, start Credential Manager again, and set it to automatic.

After I disabled, and restarted however, my computer has rendered itself unusable at this point. My computer presents itself with a spinning circle before login, and that's it. The option to login never shows up. I have left my computer on for more than an hour, and it's still sitting there with the spinning circle. The only thing I am able to do is Control Alt Delete, and show three options at the bottom of the screen, Connect to Internet, Ease of access, and Shut Down.

I have restarted, and I am still presenting with the spinning circle. Hours ago, my desktop computer was able to be used. Now, it is completely useless cause I can't even log in!

Someone PLEASE help me with this.

:)

LordXaero, Aug 5, 2015

2. Login from lock screen stuck on circular rotating dots

The following happens intermittently:

• I'm working and use the Windows+L key combination to lock my screen to leave for a period (can be short or long).
    • I return and use Ctrl+Alt+Del to log back in.
    • I get a blue screen with a small circle of spinning dots, which goes on indefinitely.
    • I have to hard boot my laptop by holding down the power button for about 10 seconds.
    This started happening only after I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition. This appears to be a common problem with Windows 10:

I've tried most of the suggestions from these an other sources, but nothing has solved this issue -- which is very disruptive to productivity and seems to be specific to Windows 10. Please reply with only real solutions.

teancum144, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Sandra525 Win User
    blue screen with spinning circle following reinstall of Win 10

Following a reset of my Toshiba Satellite laptop due to account login errors and then successful upgrade to Win 10 (laptop came with Win 8), I am now stuck with the blue screen/spinning circle. When I turn the laptop on, the sequence of screens I get are:
    the Toshiba screen, black screen with spinning circle, lock screen. I can move the mouse, but if I click it to advance to log in, I get the blue screen with spinning circle. Turn the laptop off/on and I repeat the sequence getting stuck at the blue screen
    again.

Suggestions?

thanks

Sandra525, Aug 5, 2015
  4. MellowGuy Win User

Hi I was also looking for the solution for this exact issue and found a fix. Unfortunately it's for a laptop not a desktop (win7 upgraded to win 10). I found your thread as I looked for a solution for my problem (started this morning) but saw that no one answered.

In case someone might come across this same issue for a LAPTOP. The cursor spinning wheel (before login) seems to be an update getting stuck in limbo before login screen.

What I did was remove the battery and used only the plug to power the laptop. This method seems to move the cursor problem forward onto the windows logo and it is there that finally reveals that it was in the middle of the update. After allowing the update to finish, I powered down, put back the battery and booted (battery power only) and everything is now fine.

I know you have this problem on a DESKTOP but maybe some tweaking with the power source might also fix your problem? I know it just needs to bypass that update curser.

MellowGuy, Aug 25, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Stuck At Login Screen With Spinning Circle - Similar Threads - Stuck Login Screen

2. Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck at black screen with a spinning loading circle: So basically i started my pc and saw a blue screen saying something about an automatic repair and i just clicked the left button and now started up again and am stuck on a black screen with the spinning loading circle ab please help fr fr...
  3. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.: Before this happen I opened task manager my cpu was at 100% used while I had no apps open i decided to restart my pc after that it just got stuck on the spinning circle. Tried to full restart my pc but i didn’t let me and i don’t know what to do. I’m not sure what it is. I...
  4. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.: Before this happen I opened task manager my cpu was at 100% used while I had no apps open i decided to restart my pc after that it just got stuck on the spinning circle. Tried to full restart my pc but i didn’t let me and i don’t know what to do. I’m not sure what it is. I...
  5. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Stuck on Windows loading screen without spinning circle

Stuck on Windows loading screen without spinning circle: [IMG] So my laptop is stuck on the loading screen for windows 10 but there is no spinning circle. I tried turning it off and on 3 times to get the diagnostic windows but it does not work either....
  7. Windows stuck on spinning circle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on spinning circle: So I decided to update Windows to 1909 today. I left it for a little while, since I thought it'd take long, but now it's been one hour and the only thing I have is black screen with small spinning circle. Is this normal? Do I need to wait longer? I need to do some works using...
  8. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle

Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle: Hello, We tried many times this steps, but nothing is happen: Press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Press the power button again As soon as the spinning wheel starts, press and hold the power button Repeat until automatic repair starts (usually...
  9. Stuck at spinning circle before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at spinning circle before login screen: Hello, So here's my issue: I started my computer and came back to find a BSOD. It displayed an error code and mentioned something about a driver error. I waited until the loading reached 100%, but it didn't restart on its own so i shut the computer down manually by holding...
  10. Windows 10 startup stuck on spinning circle

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 startup stuck on spinning circle: So I recently upgraded to windows 10, the Installion performed successfully, I selected my account and chose the express settings, after this I was presented a green screen with a series of dots spinning, I let this run for well over two hours in which nothing had changed,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 spinning circle Windows splash screen

2. causes of Windows 10 Stuck at Login Screen with Spinning Circle

3. windows 10 spinning circle on logon screen with just three buttons on bottom