Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, So yesterday I was reading some article from the NY Times (my navigator is Chrome), when out of the blue I get the spinning cursor. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marawd3r, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Marawd3r Win User

Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen

Hello,

So yesterday I was reading some article from the NY Times (my navigator is Chrome), when out of the blue I get the spinning cursor. After 10 minutes, it wouldn't go away. So I decided to force shutdown my PC.
    I start it up again, and to my surprise, I can't get past the sign-in screen.

I've tried restarting several times.

In some instances, even though I can see the mouse cursor and status lights for the NUMLOCK, CAPSLOCK are working, I can't bring up the password field, plus the clock is frozen.

In other instances, I managed to introduce my password, but then it would just get stuck for hours on the spinning dots.

After a few failed attempts, I got the Advanced Startup Options screen. I chose Startup Repair option, but it didn't fix my problem.

Right now I'm in Safe Mode, desperately looking for a solution that doesn't involve resetting my whole OS. Please help!

:)

Marawd3r, Nov 17, 2016

2. My Windows 10 Computer is stuck on the welcome screen

My windows 10 computer is stuck on the welcome screen And I don't have admin rights what do I do? And how do I fix this problem? I tried login and it's stuck on welcome

McpeHDblitz, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Windows 10 stuck at welcome after login

Hello Michael,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Windows 10 stuck at welcome screen after login in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt hardware or system files have gone corrupt in the system.

I would suggest you to perform the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Please check if the issue is caused by some of the hardware malfunctioning on your computer. I would suggest to disconnect all the External devices connected to your computer, except the mouse and the keyboard and check if
    you can able to boot.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Let's perform a “Startup Repair” using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. Initiating repair from CD/DVD may have different results than earlier since the source of boot is different now. So, I would
    suggest to perform the repair again and check if it helps.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

Download Windows 10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

• Insert the installation DVD or USB
      and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’
      page, select thelanguage to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
      ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.
    You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note:
    Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Nov 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, start with some basic checks:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed- else do not proceed.
    Post back the result, which you can get after a restart as follows:
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Download and run e.g. Crystal Diskinfo and post one screenshot - it should indicate Good/Caution/ etc.

Then if ok at an admin command prompt
    sfc /scannow

Wait for this to complete and post the result.

dalchina, Nov 21, 2016
  5. Marawd3r,

Please follow through with dalchina's guidance.

However, to see if you can get a field to enter your password into, have you tried pressing CTRL ALT DEL to see
    if the sign-in screen appears?

Or, also try clicking on the Network icon at the bottom right corner of the screen, and then click anywhere else on the screen. Does the password box show up?

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck at the login/welcome screen - Similar Threads - stuck login welcome

2. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: So I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with an NVIDIA Geforce GT1030 installed in it, and I booted it up this morning and I am stuck on the welcome screen. I do not think it is hardware related, as I performed a test and nothing appeared to be defective. I cannot reach the pin or...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: So I have a Dell Optiplex 990 with an NVIDIA Geforce GT1030 installed in it, and I booted it up this morning and I am stuck on the welcome screen. I do not think it is hardware related, as I performed a test and nothing appeared to be defective. I cannot reach the pin or...
  4. Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login

in Windows 10 News
    Windows is stuck at the Lock Screen or Welcome Screen before login: [ATTACH]Sometimes when you turn on your computer, you get your Windows 11/10 login screen, but then it gets frozen, maybe reboots on its own, or it stops and does not respond to your command. You may get the login screen, but nothing happens after entering the password....
  5. Stuck at Welcome Screen W/ No Login Prompt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at Welcome Screen W/ No Login Prompt: Operating System==================Windows 10, I don’t think I did the most recent May 2021 update though.==================Ryzen 7 3700x CPUDescription of problem==================When I turn on my computer, I see the motherboard loading screen but the welcome screen appears...
  6. Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen: A few days ago Windows 10 began having an error where it would be stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots after logging in. I don't have anything plugged into the laptop, tried putting the laptop on airplane mode, tried doing a startup repair which was...
  7. Windows 10 is stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is stuck on Welcome screen: I cannot log in in any way, the screen is blurred and no user charges me, I have already restarted the computer several times, removed the battery and I cannot advance. Can someone help me? please [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When the computer boots up, it displays a temporary Welcome screen which is nothing but a blue screen with Welcome written on it and spinning circle of dots. At times, this screen stays longer and sometimes permanent that you end [...] This post Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 stuck on Welcome screen: Having Windows get stuck on the Welcome screen and prevent you from using your computer is a very frustrating experience. This guide will walk you through some fixes to help get you back to your desktop when this happens. A simple solution to try is unplugging all external...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen: When trying to open iTunes, i get an error that a .dll file is corrupted or something (can't remember the name). So, obviously, I try to reinstall iTunes, but I can only do it through Microsoft Store (first time I've used it). Everything works fine and I keep working on my...