Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings.... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell laptop Windows 8 upgraded to windows 10 about a year ago. I started having some issues with it so I decided to reset back to factory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lgreenwood, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

I have a Dell laptop Windows 8 upgraded to windows 10 about a year ago. I started having some issues with it so I decided to reset back to factory settings. When I turn it on a blue screen pops up saying, Hi there, lets get a few basic things out of the way. Asking for keyboard setting, time zone etc. , next page is to set up settings.
    I can choose customize or express. I have tried every option possible, and I cannot get past these settings. It says just a moment with the spinning round dots and the computer just completely resets itself. I have accessed my troubleshooting and I am not able to select any option because of an admin password that I never set up. There for I am not able to access command prompt, system image reset, or safe mode.
    I have checked my Microsoft live for passwords....I have changed boot options, I have created the media recovery disk and I cant seem to get anything to work. My husband and I have been researching for hours on end trying various suggestions, every time we think we may have the answer, something goes wrong. We called local computer guy and explained to him...he told us that we are going to have to buy a new windows 10 disk and reinstall that way. Are their any other suggestions??

:)

lgreenwood, Feb 8, 2017

2. Setting tab not opening

I'm using windows 10 and after this incident I tried factory resetting my computer but I'm stuck in a loop where when I turn on my pc it say windows automatic repair has failed and I've tried almost everything to get out of it

SebastianQuezada, Feb 8, 2017
  3. Stuck on a reset loop after factory reset

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

Let us follow the steps suggested by Babu V (replied on September
    19, 2015) in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Feb 8, 2017
  4. Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

Welcome to the TenForums @lgreenwood.

First off you do not need to buy Windows 10. Your machine is licensed and will activate once you install.

Please follow this tutorial. If you have another Windows 10 you can create USB key using media creator. Otherwise you need to create ISO and burn to CD. Watch warnings about how to set BIOS. No big deal but if you want success you have to do.

Before you do this what is the status of your data. Is it backed up safely? I assume it was all backed up off device as you were going with reset.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2017
  5. I followed the instructions step by step via control panel. I am not sure were the back up is. I know that my husband had enabled home group a couple weeks previous and somehow all of my files and data I guess copied itself to his cp. I have questioned if maybe it backed up to his cp over network??

lgreenwood, Feb 8, 2017
  6. Before you do a clean install you need to back up your data. Being part of a homegroup does not mean a backup. If you turned on file history and directed to his machine then you history.

Please make a backup.

If you want to run a Windows process type Backup and restore in Cortana, click on app at top of list. Has the name (Windows 7) in brackets.

You only need your data. Of course you could use copy and paste to USB key.

Caledon Ken, Feb 8, 2017
  7. I am running a back up onto my usb drive, I have found and upgraded my old hp windows 7 to windows 10. I am scared my bios is out of order, how can I find a way to change it back?

lgreenwood, Mar 5, 2017
  8. Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

Hi lgreenwood

Please update your system specs.

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

In particular what is the model number of the unit in question. This helps people search vendor databases and manuals.

Most devices run with the default settings in BIOS. Not sure what key you press when your machine is starting to enter set up. I think it is F2 for a Dell, could also be esc or delete. My old Dell laptop is F2

Once in your BIOS there is usually an option to load defaults. Now if you load defaults it is good to already know what options you are using, like Raid.

Before you go changing BIOS could I ask what makes you think you have a BIOS issue?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 6, 2017
  9. I have a dell inspirion 15 -3537. My husband has messed with it also setting passwords in my bios. When I click load defaults, nothing happens after I save and exit. My biggest issue is getting past the admin password in advanced settings, without that password I am unable to use command, restore, safe mode etc. I have tried every password I can think of.

lgreenwood, Mar 6, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    @lgreenwood, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? The first major question is, can you boot the computer from a USB flash drive or DVD?

NavyLCDR, Mar 6, 2017
  11. This while process started by trying to reset my computer to factory settings after a virus attack. I don't have any files that I need to save, I just need my computer to work. I have not been able to boot from cd or USB, still trying to figure that out. When I do access my advanced settings I am not able to accomplish anything bc of an admin password that I don't know.
    In the mean time I have booted up my 8 year old Hp windows 7, wiped it clean and installed windows 10 on it. Trying to use my hp to create a fix for my dell.....

lgreenwood, Mar 6, 2017
  12. NavyLCDR New Member
    To boot from a USB flash drive or DVD, you are going to have to get into the BIOS or UEFI firmware settings and either use the boot override menu or change the boot order to boot from USB or DVD first. Then the solution is easy from there. Looks like F2 is the fairly common key to press on a Dell when turning the computer on to get into Bios/UEFI.

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings....

1. Windows 10 stuck in loop after reset to factory settings.... - Similar Threads - stuck loop reset

2. Windows 10 is stuck in boot-loop even after factory reset !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is stuck in boot-loop even after factory reset !: Greetings and thank you to have clicked on my questionAs you can tell by the subject, I have got a terrible boot problem, which persists even after reset keeping my files.The story goes like this :I partitionned my SSD into D My files and C OS.I transferred all my files from...
  3. WINDOWS 10 BOOT LOOP AFTER FACTORY RESET

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 BOOT LOOP AFTER FACTORY RESET: Good Evening,I just factory reset my laptop, and I am currently stuck in a consistent loop of it trying to install windows and wont get further than 30% without restarting and never getting anywhere it has currently been 7 hours with no change....
  4. Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset

Stuck In Set Up Loop After Factory Reset: Product: Pavillion 550-103na Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit) So after having an absolute nightmare not being allowed to factory reset, I finally managed to get it to do it by selecting only drives with Windows installed instead of all drives. It seemed to...
  5. Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute

Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop after factory reset failed to execute: hi there, i have the windows surface pro laptop (2017) running windows 10. this afternoon i attempted to factory reset my laptop and this is what happened after the i confirmed id like to factory reset - computer initiated the reset, finished wiping the computer and...
  6. After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop

After Factory Reset, stuck in a Loop: Hello! My computer was encountering some issues so I decided to factory reset it, to make sure that I could properly install everything I needed to help it run optimally. I stuck in my USB with Windows 10 Home on it and I effectively restored the computer to its factory...
  7. Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset

Computer stuck in a loop after factory reset: So I factory reset my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 because I want to give it as a gift to my younger brother. Now its stuck on a loop of restarting. It starts when i get to this screen [IMG]after I click next it goes to this[IMG]which causes it to go to a loadin page that says just...
  8. Stuck in loop after Factory Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in loop after Factory Reset: So I went ahead and factory reset after not using the PC in a while, and it being slow when I last used it about a year or so ago. It is a Dell Inspiron 3252. Now my issue is the loop I'm stuck in. It first prompts me with the "Hi there" screen, asking me to set up country...
  9. Windows setup stuck in a loop after factory reset

Windows setup stuck in a loop after factory reset: I tried to reinstall windows (both keeping my files and when that didn't work a wipe of all files). Now my computer keeps coming to language set up, I do all that and hit next, then it says "Why did my Pc restart? There's a problem that's keeping us from getting your pc...
  10. Looping after factory reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Looping after factory reset: I got a Dell 5559 on Windows 10. I was having a problem where the computer showed it was connect to internet but it wouldn't pull up any web page or do anything that requires internet. I tried to do a factory reset and now it's looping with this screen. Any help? [img] 103586

Users found this page by searching for:

1. resetting win 10 is going round in a loop