Windows 10: Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc...

Discus and support Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I want to mention that before posting this message, I've searched online and followed all recommendations from different posts and websites.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NicolasM13, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc...

Hello,

I want to mention that before posting this message, I've searched online and followed all recommendations from different posts and websites. Since none of them worked, I'm creating a new post and I'm hoping someone can help me...

due to a screen flickering issue on my wife's computer and based on an email thread and some recommendations, I've rebooted the computer in Safe Mode. Instead of asking the PIN as usual, the Windows screen suddenly asked for a Password. My wife does not recall the password. We tried a million of entries, but no luck. There is no Admin session that I can switch to as only 1 user was setup (i.e. my wife's account). I rebooted the computer hoping it would restart in Normal Mode, it did not. I tried typing the password using the on-screen keyboard and verifying we were typing the right password. It did not work. I tried the "SHIFT + Restart" method, rebooted the computer in Safe Mode + Networking, tried the startup repair, tried the command prompt, tried to restart in safe mode with networking, tried to restore to a previous version, etc... same problem each time, the system asks for the password which I don't. I brought the laptop this morning to a Best Buy (Canada's chain) and the technician tried to enable the Command which did not work, tried a few things, nothing worked. He backed up all my data to my external drive (and charged me obviously for the service) and suggested me to "Go back to the previous build" which I explained above, I just tried, but the system is asking for the password.....

At this point, I have no idea what to do. I even tried to reset this PC but it's asking for the password!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I still don't understand why Microsoft would do something like this to its users....It's incredible that there is no backup plan or solutions for the user.

Thanks,
    Nico

:)

NicolasM13, Nov 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 Administrator password Lost (hacked?), stuck in safe mode, boots up ok with normal user but can't do anything because it wants Admin password.

Windows 10 Administrator password Lost (hacked?), stuck in safe mode, boots up ok with normal user but can't do anything because it wants Admin password.

Gary Knaus, Nov 12, 2016
  3. Admin Password doesn't work in Safe Mode and now it won't leave safe mode?

My windows laptop was put into safe mode. Now, trying to get it out has proved to be a challenge as it asks for the admin password. The admin password that previously worked to put it in safe mode to begin with now wont work and is incorrect. I've tried
    every other possible password although it's highly unlikely to be anything else and now not only is it stuck in safe mode, but safe mode without network access even though I made sure to apply network before putting it in safe mode.

Hannah555_00, Nov 12, 2016
  4. Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc...

NicolasM13,

Welcome to the Forum!

Try the following:

In Safe Mode login screen, go to the lower right corner.
    Click Power icon, and select: Restart

In the new login that appears, try your PIN.

cottonball, Nov 12, 2016
  5. Thank you for your response. Unfortunately this does not work either. I've tried every single options which always bring me back to the Password screen.

I ended up re-installing Windows 10 using a USB Flash Drive as the system did not give me any other option.

Thanks to Microsoft....

NicolasM13, Nov 12, 2016
  6. Hard way to get into your system.

When you set up the password in the previous installation (where you could not get in), did you use the Microsoft account?

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc...

1. Windows 10: Stuck in Safe Mode - No Password, Admin, Command, etc... - Similar Threads - Stuck Safe Mode

2. Stuck in Safe Mode with Command Promt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Safe Mode with Command Promt: Hello!I opened Safe Mode with Command Promt and now just can't get out of that mode, when I hit exit then just see the cursor and black screen, restart doesnt helpCtrl+Alt+Delete or type the command shutdown -s -t 00 to exit doesnt workHow to do?!...
  3. Stuck in safe mode with no admin access.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode with no admin access.: I put my laptop in safe mode because I was having issues with it. Now I can't get out of safe mode because I don't have access to my admin account. My "PIN isnt available" and because of this I recieve an error. I have been trying to fix it for days now. I've been told to use...
  4. Stuck in safe mode with no admin access.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in safe mode with no admin access.: I put my laptop in safe mode because I was having issues with it. Now I can't get out of safe mode because I don't have access to my admin account. My "PIN isnt available" and because of this I recieve an error. I have been trying to fix it for days now. I've been told to use...
  5. Stuck in safe mode with no admin access.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows in safe mode but forgot admin password: Hi, As my system troubleshooting, I suppose to boot my Windows 10 in Safemode through msconfig, but my Admin password to log in is not accepting. Even I change new password to my account but windows in safe mode it's not updated. How to resolve the issue....
  7. Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Admin password and safe mode: My son accidentally put his computer into safe mode. It's asking for an Admin password but it's been years since I first set up his laptop and I can't remember it. We've tried every password I could think of using including possible pins. He can't use the forgot password...
  8. In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In Safe Mode, forgot Admin password.: Hello, I had to restart my computer to Safe mode. Unfortunately, i forgot my password. However, from what ive read, I might still have hope because I think my account is tied to my Microsoft account because when I enter Safe Mode with Command Prompt i see my account name and...
  9. Stuck in safe mode windows 10 (password locked)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck in safe mode windows 10 (password locked): I recently moved my windows to an SSD and my PC started getting blue screen and freezing issues when gaming. I wanted to try reboot into safe mode so I can uninstall my gpu drivers but it was asking for a password that I don't know. I cant go past the login screen at all even...
  10. Stuck on Safe mode, no password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Stuck on Safe mode, no password.: Today i launched DDU (Display driver uninstaller), And it brought my pc to "Safe-Mode" login screen. And when i typed my password , it said its incorrect. ( when i enter the local password on a system startup repair or something like that it works, but only at the win 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stuck in safe mode with no password

2. safe mode no password win 10