Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck, in windows defender check at boot (infinite loop)

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck, in windows defender check at boot (infinite loop) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good evening! I recently started using my older laptop which has windows 10. I restarted my laptop after normal use and it started doing automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by villevanille, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Windows 10 stuck, in windows defender check at boot (infinite loop)

Good evening!

I recently started using my older laptop which has windows 10. I restarted my laptop after normal use and it started doing automatic repair. Windows defender check up starts running every single time. Sometimes it finished and sometimes it doesn't. Every time after the completed or failed check up, the laptop restarts and does it again (~15 times now).

- Windows 8.1 installation disk has been inside the machine for last three hours (~5 restarts)
    - USB-stick with windows 10 installation media made with rufus has been plugged for almost the same duration.

DVD-drive starts up during restart, but the installation doesn't start
    Laptop doesn't react USB boot device. (Device works since I've tested it on this PC and used same device on this PC).

I've installed windows to various PC's several times including the laptop in this case, so I have knowledge of the basic installation procedures. The laptop doesn't react to boot devices and BIOS can't be accessed via hotkeys during boot.

I've been browsing forums and web pages for last three hours and haven't found any working solution.

Any advice or stuff I should try?

:)

villevanille, Dec 25, 2016

2. windows defender offline scan

My problem is almost the same. My pc is not stuck in a boot loop but will run defender offline when it should run recovery.

clHarrySmith, Dec 25, 2016
  3. windows 10 update fails

my pc is stuck in an infinite loop "attempting to restore previous version" of windows 10. how can i get my pc to boot up?

BobWoodall, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Windows 10 stuck, in windows defender check at boot (infinite loop)

villevanille,

Welcome to Ten Forums!

These may be factors:
    *Arrow Windows 8.1 installation disk has been inside the machine for last three hours (~5 restarts)
    Aren't you trying to work with Windows 10? Why would you have an W8.1 installation CD in the drive?

*Arrow USB-stick with windows 10 installation media made with rufus has been plugged for almost the same duration.
    (Rufus is not considered a very reliable way to prepare a USB flash drive that will boot.)

You also need to select the drive from which to boot in the Boot Order section of the BIOS.

To engage in the process again , you may want to consider the following:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Use Option 6, and save your files/settings.

cottonball, Dec 26, 2016
  5. Thanks for the reply!

I wanted to try installing windows 8.1 as a last resort, because installing windows 10 didn't work.

I forgot to mention that I also tried making a boot media with Microsoft's own tool (same as in your link). No success.

As I mentioned in my original post, BIOS can't be accessed. I have tried accessing it for hours and dozens of start ups.

Since the laptop doesn't have so much value to me, I will try removing the hard drive and force it to start up to BIOS. Removing the possibility of Windows running the offline defender during boot, seems to be the only solution at the moment...

I'll be back with results.

villevanille, Dec 26, 2016
  6. I removed the HDD from the laptop, plugged it to my main PC, erased it with CCleaner and put it back to the laptop. Windows 10 installation process started normally from USB media, on second try.

villevanille, Dec 26, 2016
  7. Glad you got the hard drive working!

Windows 10 stuck, in windows defender check at boot (infinite loop) [​IMG]

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck, in windows defender check at boot (infinite loop)

1. Windows 10 stuck, in windows defender check at boot (infinite loop) - Similar Threads - stuck defender check

2. Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop: I am stuck in a boot installation loop well it's really just at the part were I should be able to download it I press contnue to get to the part were I choose which hardrive partition to use to download windows on and it goes through the whole motion up until a moment were it...
  3. Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop: I am stuck in a boot installation loop well it's really just at the part were I should be able to download it I press contnue to get to the part were I choose which hardrive partition to use to download windows on and it goes through the whole motion up until a moment were it...
  4. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.: My pc is currently stuck in a boot loop. I've tried power cycling, booting into safe mode also infinitely loops, tried loading cmd prompt but can't because I forgot the admin password, cant do system restore also needs password, and I've also tried startup repair to no avail....
  5. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.: My pc is currently stuck in a boot loop. I've tried power cycling, booting into safe mode also infinitely loops, tried loading cmd prompt but can't because I forgot the admin password, cant do system restore also needs password, and I've also tried startup repair to no avail....
  6. Pc stuck in infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop

i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop: i tried hard resetting my pc but it came to the windows loading screen showing he spinning circle for 3 seconds goes black then restarts again i've tried going to automatic repair by doing things like pressing f11 or turning off the computer 3 times but nothing seems to work...
  8. i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop

i'm stuck in an infinite boot loop: i tried hard resetting my pc but it came to the windows loading screen showing he spinning circle for 3 seconds goes black then restarts again i've tried going to automatic repair by doing things like pressing f11 or turning off the computer 3 times but nothing seems to work...
  9. Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop

Windows 10 stuck in infinite loop: Hi. So my Windows 10 PC has been having some problems lately. A couple weeks ago, the PC started randomly shutting down and removing its WiFi adapter. I watched a couple YouTube videos to try and figure out how to reinstall the WiFi adapter by going toDevice Manager - Scan...
  10. Help! Windows not booting, stuck in infinite loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Windows not booting, stuck in infinite loop.: Hello, Yesterday, for no explicable reason, my computer started being unable to boot into Windows. It says "preparing automatic repair". It keeps either loading into this or stuck on a loading screen. What do I do? I'm very concerned... I'm worried I'll lose all my data. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender boot loop

2. windows defender breaks boot up machines

3. windows 10 defender offline restart loop problem

4. windows 10 windows defnder stuck on checking,
  5. windows defender stuck in snooze,
  6. windows defender got stuck