Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on choose keyboard layout

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on choose keyboard layout in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 upgraded my computer today. The problem I am having right now that I am stuck on choose keyboard layout auto repair screen. My keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by drea97, Jul 29, 2015.

1. drea97 Win User

Windows 10 stuck on choose keyboard layout

Windows 10 upgraded my computer today. The problem I am having right now that I am stuck on choose keyboard layout auto repair screen. My keyboard works but when light goes out on keyboard and mouse I am not able to actively select any layout. Does anyone know how I fixed this issue.

Thanks

:)

drea97, Jul 29, 2015
  2. salmanNY Win User

Windows 10 "choose your keyboard layout" stuck. Keyboard & mouse don't work to select

Original Title - Windows 10 stuck

Windows 10 "choose your keyboard layout" stuck. Keyboard & mouse don't work to select

salmanNY, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Choose your keyboard layout - Stuck after upgrading to windows 10

Hi.

I apologize for the delay in answering your query. Let me help you with this issue.
    I Suggest you refer to the below thread on Windows 10 "choose your keyboard layout" stuck. Keyboard & mouse don't work to select
    where the issue have been resolved.

Also, suggest you refer to the below thread on Choose Your Keyboard Layout Problem and check if it helps.

Choose Your Keyboard Layout Problem

Do let us know the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 29, 2015
  4. scarp89 Win User

I am having the Same Issue. I got a Bootable USB and i'm running it now. I hope it works.

scarp89, Jul 31, 2015
  5. drea97 Win User
    So that I mean I have to get me a wireless keyboard and mouse?

drea97, Jul 31, 2015
  6. scarp89 Win User
    scarp89, Jul 31, 2015
  7. drea97 Win User
    I'm putting my computer in shop it will cost me $125.00.

drea97, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Windows 10 stuck on choose keyboard layout

I have hope to get an answer. I will post what they will tell me
    Windows 10 stuck on choose keyboard layout [​IMG]

gabrielgut98, Aug 2, 2015
  9. drea97 Win User
    I got my computer fixed I am back to Window 7. I wish Microsoft should've send out Window 10 compact disc so people computer wouldn't get screwed up.

drea97, Aug 6, 2015
  10. Elias5 Win User
    Hi, I've solved this problem yesterday by a few actions before the second try of upgrading from W7-->W10. I do not know which one was the key one though. Anyway, here is the list of them:

- instalation of the most recent bios version of my laptop
    - instalation of a different keyboard driver (+ maybe forbiding it in device manager afterwards)
    - connecting external usb keyboard
    - switching keyboard layout to english and deleting my native (czech) keyboard from the win7 system before starting instalation
    - optianally I have changed also the touchpad driver since i think it was somehow connected with the keyboard driver at acer aspire E1 line notebooks

Good luck! I hope it helps to someone.

Elias5, Aug 10, 2015
  11. lx07 Win User
    Sending out 500,000 disks would have cost a lot that MS could have spent elsewhere. I tried to find out how many people in the world use Windows for this post but couldn't find a decent number.

Quite a few anyway.

12. DRD
    DRD Win User
    Hi,
    I have the exact same problem.
    Without any problem i upgraded my pc to Windows 10.
    But now i want to do a system recovory to completly clean my pc.
    I got the same screen as gabrielgut98 . I wonder if gabrielgut98 has an answer already.
    greets

13. DRD
    DRD Win User

Hi,
    I have the exact same problem.
    Without any problem i upgraded my pc to Windows 10.
    But now i want to do a system recovory to completly clean my pc.
    I got the same screen as gabrielgut98 . I wonder if gabrielgut98 has an answer already.
    greets

14. rbabler Win User
    I also get the same screen when trying to do a system restore using the CD created through Windows 10 screen basically stops at the keyboard selection screen and no key or mouse input seen.

I upgraded from windows 7 pro to windows 10 on a newer PC than what I have been using imported all the files I wanted from the old PC but decided to change hard drives to increase storage. I was able to save a system image " Windows reported image saved successfully anyway created a image boot CD (actually made a second ) and using either CD I get a freeze at the keyboard screen.

rbabler, Aug 13, 2015
  15. If you run setup.exe from the USB within a running Windows 7 system then you will not need a Windows 10 Key. But if you boot from the USB Drive you will need a Windows 10 key. The way Microsoft has implemented the "FREE UPGRADE" is that you have to upgrade from a running Windows 7 system to end up with an activated Windows 10 system. If you boot from the USB drive you are NOT installing Windows 10 from a running Windows 7 system and you will be asked for a Windows 10 Key.

I tried booting from the USB to do the install and got the screen asking for the Key. I've upgraded my ASUS and HP Laptops to Windows 10 with no problems. The process went very smooth. However, I've been unable to upgrade my HP Desktop Windows 7 Pro 64bit System. The Windows 10 upgrade inspects my Desktop System and says there are no problems and its ready to upgrade. So I started out with the standard Windows 10 online Upgrade. Everything proceeds as a normal upgrade. After the setup installs the Windows 10 files the setup reboots and starts loading Windows 10. After a couple of minutes the Windows 10 boot up stops and I get a Sky Blue Screen asking me to "Choose Your Keyboard Layout" with OPTIONS for US, Albanion, Arabic, Armenian Phonetic, Ect. I click US and then I'm presented with a screen that says "Choose An Option" Troubleshoot, Turn off your PC. I've tried troubleshoot with no success. I have to choose Turn Off Your PC. When I reboot I'm back in Windows 7 again with the following message: We couldn't install Windows 10. We've set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10. 0xC19000101-0x20017. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation. So then I decided to try creating a Windows 10 installation Boot USB and install by booting from the USB to do a clean install. I got to a screen that asked for a Windows 10 Key. So I stopped right there and called Microsoft Support and they confirmed that if I skipped entering a Windows 10 Key I would end up with an inactivated install only good for 30 days. Microsoft remoted into my HP Desktop system and attempted to do the upgrade for me. They had the same problem that I had been having and therefore the upgrade failed for them as well. My Ref # was 1308992102. I talked with Microsoft rep. Mikhael Alexander.

Microsoft then emailed me instructions to disable all drivers ect. and retry the upgrade, So I went one step further. I removed my nvidia graphics card and replaced with a regular VGA adapter, I removed all wireless devices like mouse and keyboard, Bluetooth, USB drives, ect. Basically I stripped the system down to bare bones and then tried the upgrade yet again. However, it ended up in the same place with the same sky blue screen asking my to "Choose Your Keyboard Layout".

I've searched the Internet trying to find the solution to this Windows 10 Upgrade problem and nothing I found has worked. From my searching its my impression that there are thousands of people trying to solve this. Another thing that is mentioned is a BIOS adjustment for UEFI on many Websites. However, most systems being upgraded don't have UEFI BIOS. UEFI is relatively new and the vast majority of PCs still use the Legacy BIOS. In fact my ASUS and HP Laptops that use Legacy BIOS upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 64bit without any problems. This Windows 10 Upgrade problem probably has something to do with some kind of corrupted Windows 7 file that is hanging around and coming into the Windows 10 update. Since Microsoft has made no provision for the "FREE UPGRADE" in the case of upgrade problems we're left unable to upgrade. A clean install would probably fix the problem. However, the way Microsoft has set this up, a clean install leaves you with an inactivated Windows 10. So if you decide to go with a clean install to get around the in place upgrade problem you'll need to spend $200 to purchase Windows 10 Pro.

jamescook48, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 stuck on choose keyboard layout - Similar Threads - stuck choose keyboard

2. Windows stuck at choose a keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck at choose a keyboard layout: I have an old desktop running on Windows 10. Out of nowhere, the screen went crazy. I rebooted, and now the current situation is: The screen is always sort of weird but I can sort of read what is displayed. I can initially get into the BIOS setup menu before windows...
  3. Stuck in “choose keyboard layout” loop

Stuck in “choose keyboard layout” loop: My Acer laptop running Windows 10 is stuck in a choose keyboard layout loop. Every time I select the US keyboard the laptop just shuts down and reboots. It then comes back to the Choose keyboard layout page. Is there a way to fix this that doesn't involve a whole lot of...
  4. windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout

windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout: i already have 1909 update and restarted 2 or 3 times its fine i disabled 2 services that aren't from microsoft and restarted that happened i need to have my data back on desktop and don't need to format is there any help [ATTACH]...
  5. Stuck on "Choose your Keyboard Layout" after updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on "Choose your Keyboard Layout" after updating Windows 10: hi as of today right before i can end my night by shutting down my laptop (Acer Aspire with Windows 10) and I see update and shut off computer. me in my mood ready to sleep click on it and proceed to take a rest. the next morning, i dont know about this im going to explain...
  6. Stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen

Stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen: I was playing a video game when my pc blue screened and crashed. Confused, I fired it back up again however, it took me to a screen that said something about automatic repair. Before that screen has any analysis, it takes me to a blue screen that says, "Choose your keyboard...
  7. Windows 10 Stuck in Automatic Reparir choose keyboard layout

Windows 10 Stuck in Automatic Reparir choose keyboard layout: In Windows 10 version 1803 with all current updates I was having issues with networking and for whatever reason I decided to do a restore point of earlier this year 2018. Once I ran the restore point a blue screen stated, There was a problem we need to collect more...
  8. Windows 10 stuck at "Choose keyboard layout" screen

Windows 10 stuck at "Choose keyboard layout" screen: Firstly I want to make it very clear that I currently have no access to my PC, it will not load the sing in screen let alone the desktop. Half the time it boots up in automatic repair mode and goes to the "choose a keyboard layout" screen and as this screen loads all of my...
  9. restore stuck at choose a keyboard layout

restore stuck at choose a keyboard layout: I did a system restore on my Computer, that was upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I had been running Windows 10 ever since the upgrade became available. It started to do the restore operation, but it stopped at choose a keyboard layout and my usb keyboard and usb mouse...
  10. Stuck at "Choose a keyboard layout".

Stuck at "Choose a keyboard layout".: Can anyone tell me how to fix that problem 23237