Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on welcome. Cannot start in safe mode. Auto repair with install disk will...

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on welcome. Cannot start in safe mode. Auto repair with install disk will... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am stuck on the welcome screen and have tried. Start in safe by holding down shift and clicking restart, just goes to the welcome. Using repair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HD4Marrk, Jul 25, 2018.

1. HD4Marrk Win User

Windows 10 stuck on welcome. Cannot start in safe mode. Auto repair with install disk will...

I am stuck on the welcome screen and have tried. Start in safe by holding down shift and clicking restart, just goes to the welcome. Using repair option from downloaded ISO install, "startup repair couldn't repair your PC". Dell backup and recovery did not work. I have tried almost everything short of a new install even a bootable Norton rescue disk that told me my machine had hibernated, restart and turn it off. I could not restart of course.

:)

HD4Marrk, Jul 25, 2018

2. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Windows 10 stuck on welcome. Cannot start in safe mode. Auto repair with install disk will...

Stuck in Safe mode on Windows 10.

Hello Ethraen,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will help you in resolving the issue.

From your description, I understand that you are stuck in safe mode and is unable to start the PC inn normal mode.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Why did you enable Safe mode?

• Were you facing any system performance issues?

Method 1: Follow the steps below to exit from
    Safe mode and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Run command by pressing
      Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box.

• Under General tab, check
      Normal Startup
      option.

• Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Method 2: If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform a
    Startup Repair by following the steps below, and check if the issue is resolved.

Startup Repair is a Windows Recovery tool that can fix certain system problems that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair scans your computer for the problem, and then tries to fix it so your computer can
    start correctly.

Startup Repair is one of the recovery tools in the System Recovery Options menu. This set of tools is located on your computer’s hard disk, and on the Windows Installation disc.

• Go to Lock screen by pressing
      Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard.

• Press/hold the
      shift key
      on the keyboard and click on power icon located at the bottom right corner of your screen

• Click Restart and click on
      Restart anyway.

• Click on Troubleshoot and select
      Advanced Options

• Select Startup Repair option
      and follow the prompts to start the process.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on welcome. Cannot start in safe mode. Auto repair with install disk will...

1. Windows 10 stuck on welcome. Cannot start in safe mode. Auto repair with install disk will... - Similar Threads - stuck welcome Cannot

2. How to fix safe mode gets stuck on welcome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix safe mode gets stuck on welcome?: Hello, I was trying to do a full clean of my computer after I got it from my brother. When I did a full system reinstall through the settings. I tried to login and it said that it can’t load my account. I looked up a solution and it says to go into safe mode. I tried this the...
  3. How to fix safe mode gets stuck on welcome?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix safe mode gets stuck on welcome?: Hello, I was trying to do a full clean of my computer after I got it from my brother. When I did a full system reinstall through the settings. I tried to login and it said that it can’t load my account. I looked up a solution and it says to go into safe mode. I tried this the...
  4. Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome: I just rest my Win11 to factory setting. Then I cannot login after putting in password. The first problem I encountered was user profile service service failed the sign-in. I sort of solved it with cmd in shift+reboot. Then the second problem happens with infinite wait on...
  5. Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome

Win11 Safe Mode Stuck at Login Welcome: I just rest my Win11 to factory setting. Then I cannot login after putting in password. The first problem I encountered was user profile service service failed the sign-in. I sort of solved it with cmd in shift+reboot. Then the second problem happens with infinite wait on...
  6. Stuck in Auto Repair Mode and No Disk Space after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Auto Repair Mode and No Disk Space after Windows 10 Update: Hi Any help would be hugely appreciated. After a Windows 10 Update on my son's PC, it started working really slowly and glitching so he restarted it and it went into Automatic Repair Mode. It seems to be stuck in this mode now.We have tried to Uninstall Updates, System...
  7. Stuck in Auto Repair Mode and No Disk Space after Windows 10 Update

Stuck in Auto Repair Mode and No Disk Space after Windows 10 Update: Hi Any help would be hugely appreciated. After a Windows 10 Update on my son's PC, it started working really slowly and glitching so he restarted it and it went into Automatic Repair Mode. It seems to be stuck in this mode now.We have tried to Uninstall Updates, System...
  8. Stuck in Auto Repair Mode and No Disk Space after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows update stuck at 35%, cannot reboot in safe mode/repair

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update stuck at 35%, cannot reboot in safe mode/repair: Hello. Thanks for taking the time to help me out Just want to put it out there immediatly, it's my girlfriend's laptop so I am not 100% sure of everything that was done for this problem to occur. She told me she was updating the computer, and it seemed stuck at 100%...
  10. Safe mode initiating auto repair?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode initiating auto repair?: For the last 9+ months updates are giving me trouble. I keep getting these 0x80073712 errors for any cumulative or .NET updates. The last update I got on my system was KB4033637. I have tried SFC and DISM which both fail. Today I decided to try SFC/DISM from safe mode. I...