Windows 10: Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in

Discus and support Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 boots normally (albeit slightly slower than average), but after I insert the password for my account it never continues beyond "Welcome".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fishfoster, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in

Windows 10 boots normally (albeit slightly slower than average), but after I insert the password for my account it never continues beyond "Welcome". After a week of troubleshooting, I've determined that nearly all troubleshooting options have failed.

When using (shift + restart) on log in, the PC reboots as usual and functions relatively fine in the troubleshooting menu. However, at every point when the prompts demand you to choose an account (i.e. after choosing to reinstall Windows and after attempting to edit Startup Settings), the PC is freezes up; I select my account (the only one), the selection is outlined white, and nothing progresses. When trying to start in Safe Mode, I am still unable to log in and get stuck in the "Welcome" loop.

I am at a loss at this point - I can no longer access my PC, and both a reinstallation of the Windows OS and Safe Mode have failed me.

:)

fishfoster, Nov 15, 2017
  2. vilu85 Win User

" Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Nov 15, 2017
  3. ATGT Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

Hi

i have a nokia N8 with the following product code 059D1M2 im always checking for the update realase , now its been a month evryday i check the updates availability i find " Waiting for approval" is nokia joking on us or what !!?

4. axe0 New Member

Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in

Hi fishfoster,

Welcome to 10forums *Smile

What pc are you using, i.e. what are the system specs (system model if not custom build)?

5. I can't access any of my specs as of this time - as I said, I can not interface with any part of my computer, CMD or no. All I remember of my specs was that I'm running 8 GB of RAM, but that's hardly helpful.

Is there any way I can determine my specs without interfacing with any software on said computer?

fishfoster, Nov 15, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    It's usually on a side of the case, possibly together with the product key on a sticker.

7. So, update:

I've failed to find any of my system specs anywhere on the hardware of my computer (besides the RAM sticks), but I have managed to get Windows to reset my computer to a backup state after a lot of trial, error, and some possibly unrelated Latin hymns (read: I managed to log in after leaving the thing on for two days in a row). It's resetting as I type this, and hopefully it will work out. If it doesn't, I should still be able to log in later (given, after a long wait) and retrieve the specs via cmd.

If this works out, thanks for spending your time helping me; and if not, good God I am sorry this is happening right near Thanksgiving break.

fishfoster, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in

1. Windows 10 stuck on "Welcome" when logging in - Similar Threads - stuck Welcome logging

2. stuck at welcome

in Windows 10 Customization
    stuck at welcome: so i have this pc 5 years my pc is stuck at welcome its so long to take to the desktop please helpme : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stuck-at-welcome/0d422ebe-1bc4-40b6-8035-7d1ed3f2df58
  3. Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 admin stuck on 'Welcome' when logging in. Other Users work fine.: Hi all,Today my laptop was running rather slowly so I closed all my open tabs and apps far too many were open and then restarted my laptop.The laptop turns on fine, however when I the admin log into my account, the login gets no further than displaying 'welcome'.I have left...
  4. Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck at "Welcome" screen: A few days ago Windows 10 began having an error where it would be stuck on the welcome screen with the spinning dots after logging in. I don't have anything plugged into the laptop, tried putting the laptop on airplane mode, tried doing a startup repair which was...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on welcome screen when logging in: So basically my PC was rendering on Adobe After effects last night and it froze at one point so I just held the power button to turn it off, now it’s not even logging in, I’ve tried going into save mode and all that but I just shows a black screen, idk wtf is going on with my...
  6. Stuck at "Welcome" after logging into company domain?

Stuck at "Welcome" after logging into company domain?: Recently started having an influx of issues with newly imaged Win10 1903 setups, these are joined to a corporate domain and some of my users will get stuck at "Welcome" after entering their password to login. I've tried a number of things, but no profiles are able to log in...
  7. Pc stuck on welcome screen when i try to log in

Pc stuck on welcome screen when i try to log in: I’ve already tried the startup fix and even restoring my files from a couple days ago (when it still worked) Is there any fix other than reinstalling windows? It wont be too bad i dont have anything very important, it would just take a super long time to redownload everything...
  8. Stuck on welcome

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on welcome: My computer is trying to login to “Administrator” and id stuck on welcome, i tried restarting my computer on safe mode and it doesnt load up, i also do not have a password on my pc so i have no option to restart as ive seen on youtube tutorials, what should i do?...
  9. Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in

Stuck at "Welcome" after logging in: I've entered my passwrd and it get stuck at welcome Safe mode has the same problem I tried advanced options > startup repair with my installation USB but it said it couldn't do it Not sure what else to try outside of re-installing submitted by /u/MrSparkyBoomMan [link]...
  10. Stuck on log in on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on log in on welcome screen: I upgraded win7 to win10, but the first win10 welcome screen is stalling after putting my password in. The cpu isn't doing much. Just a arrow cursor that moves with the mouse on the welcome screen. I have waited about 2 hrs. I pressed delete two times and the welcome screen...