Windows 10: Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why

Discus and support Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; I'll ditch Windows faster than I click the Yes button if MS makes me pay for subscription. It's not going to happen. I am used to Android and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2016.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why

Same here pretty much. I would go back to 8.1 in a heart beat!

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2016
  2. Winuser Win User

Admit It, you like Win 10 to much to go back. *Smile And so do I. On some of my computers I couldn't go back because they came with Win 10 pre-installed. I don't see that much of a difference between buying a new Windows OS when it's released or paying for yearly upgrades. Upgrades, not updates.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  3. I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.

Personally, I'm not using W10 much as it is. Subscriptions would mean I'm gone, I'll just continue to log in to Linux or use my mac. On the other hand I'm currently using a W10 phone and I really like it.

frankenhooker, Feb 7, 2016
  4. BunnyJ New Member

It's not going to happen and if it did I would dump it in a New York City heartbeat! Paying a one time fee for a purchase is one thing but an annual fee would be a rip off.

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Just to make my view more clearer. I would be against paying a subscription just to keep using Windows 10. If MS wanted to charge a reasonable yearly fee to get upgrades for Windows 10 I wouldn't have a problem with that. I also don't want to pay for updates. When I wanted to go from XP to Vista I paid. When I wanted to go from Vista to Windows 7 I paid. When I wanted to go from Windows 7 to Windows 8 I paid. Except for the name Of Windows 10 not being changed, How is this going to be any different? I like the way MS is giving us upgrades for free and I hope it last. I just don't see upgrades remaining free unless MS finds another way to profit with Windows 10. I also hope they don't start using ads in Windows 10 to generate money.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  6. Because they've advertised it as free ? Free windows upgrade...well, for a while.

Like I said, it wouldn't bother me, I'd be elsewhere, but it would be a massive pisstake. Can't see them doing it myself, it'd be a massive own goal.

7. davidhk Win User
    As the article says, it not going to happen.
    We shouldn't have anything to worry about.

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
  8. Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why

I liked the Windows 8.1 Start Screen/All Apps Screen better than the Windows 10 Start Screen/Start Menu. The Windows 10 Start Menu is a step backwards IMHO. Windows 7 diehards wanted it and Microsoft gave it to them so I'll just have to live with it.

alphanumeric, Feb 7, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    I know Ed Bott is highly regarded but the way I read it it's just his opinion. MS knows what they're going to do and their not going to tell anyone until their ready to do it. Upgrades are free for now but It wouldn't be the first time MS changed their mind.

Winuser, Feb 7, 2016
  10. Careful mind people, I had the audacity to say one of Bunny Js posts was ' massively ignorant' because, well, it was. That's about as offensive as I got, so not very. I had a warning. Absolutely ridiculous. No bad language, just saying someone's ignorant opinion was ignorant.

Don't know if that poor rabbit complained, or whether Microsoft forums just don't abide free speech.

PM me brink if you can explain exactly how I was offensive.

11. Kari Win User
    Really? $100 a month?

Just for your information, $100 a month would give you the following amount of Office 365 licenses, selecting a monthly payment plan. Notice that selecting a yearly plan you only pay 10 months and get 2 months free:

• 10 Office 365 Home subscriptions at $9.99 per one subscription, totaling 50 (no typo: Fifty!) Office 365 licenses (one subscription = 5 licenses to be shared with your family or friends)
    • Each license with:
      • Full Office 2016 suite of desktop applications for one PC and one tablet
      • 1 TB of OneDrive storage
      • 60 minutes of free monthly phone calls from Skype to landline numbers all over the world and mobile numbers in selected countries
    • Buy Office 365 Home
    -- OR --

• 8 Office 365 Business Premium subscriptions at $12.50 per one subscription, totaling 8 Office 365 licenses
    • Each license with:
      • Full Office 2016 suite of desktop applications for five PCs and five tablets (one Business subscription entitles you to install Office on five computers and five tablets)
      • 1 TB of OneDrive for Business storage
      • MS Exchange email services
      • Use of your own domain (emails and website)
      • Live online co-authoring Office documents (through Skype for Business)
      • And so on...
    • Office 365 for Business

Let's stay real here. I understand that when the figures do not support your opinion, you have to exaggerate them to make your point but in doing so there's a risk you will get caught.

12. Read the forum rules, Rule no 1) Rudeness, insults, racial/hate slander, flaming, attacks, stalking, and trolling will not be tolerated. Simple as that. If you think you warning was unjust PM the mod who gave you the warning. Why cry about it here in this thread?

Also this isn't a Microsoft forum. Check the "About us" at the bottom of the page.

Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

13. Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why

So Kari, enlighten me as why you'd opt in for a subscription to Windows 10? Aren't you already running it on your PC's, via the free upgrade? And don't you have TechNet or MSDN keys anyway? What am I missing?

14. BunnyJ New Member
    If MS were to start charging a subscription fee I would drop it.

BunnyJ, Feb 7, 2016
  15. Trust_No1 Win User
    You totally, TOTALLY, misunderstood what I was saying, or I didn't state it clearly enough.

ALL of my subscriptions came to about $100.00 a month (which Office 365 only $10) was included as part. Jimbo was talking about all of his subscriptions, so I felt it was in context. But thanks for the long version of all the pricing's. Goodness sake are you a Negative Nancy or what, let us keep the accusations to a minimum please.

Trust_No1, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why - Similar Threads - subscriptions aren't happening

2. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  3. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  4. What happened here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened here?: When I pressed Alt+F4 on the Desktop, it opened the Shutdown options prompt, as usual. I clicked "Hibernate" from the drop-down menu, then this came up-I don't know if something is wrong with my system, or it's just a typo. Please let me know....
  5. Why is this here ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this here ?: In my properties in security i find this user Account Unknow 1-5-21 ? what is this an how do i get rid of it ? submitted by /u/MFTGAMING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljek9w/why_is_this_here/
  6. Why is this happening or not happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this happening or not happening: I have 50 feature updates for may update 1903 but 1903 hasn't and won't install. Now I am downloading feature updates for 1909 but it hasn't installed either...
  7. Minor's aren't allowed to use their accounts here

in Cortana
    Minor's aren't allowed to use their accounts here: Hi. I was using Cortana for an undefined period of time and today felt that my personalization settings were reset. Checked through Cortana settings -> found "Sign In" button in Permissions & History (Cortana). Got that stupid error 0х80190005. Tried ending process,...
  8. What happened here?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened here?: Can I have some help?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-here/8fa5ac3e-d817-453d-88dc-5b27bc7070c4"
  9. Refresh Rates. What is happening here ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Refresh Rates. What is happening here ?: Long story cut short... I am having a play to try and resolve an issue with a specific program that I suspect could be graphics related. I got curious on refresh rates and found various on-line checkers that are supposed to show actual rates on your PC. Why does changing...
  10. 'tap here to decide what happens'

in Windows 10 Support
    'tap here to decide what happens': A couple of things I do not like about 8.1 are what happens when I plug in a removable drive: the 'tap here to decide what happens' message. For several reasons this is very poor. And the 'decide which app to open this file' dialog, which is a step back in usefulness....