Windows 10: Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why

Discus and support Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The only was MS will ever offer a subscription was if the offered a one time cost also and the users had a choice. Thats the only way it would be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 6, 2016.

1. lx07 Win User

Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why

Well not really. They could just completely stop selling perpetual licenses. You would buy a new OEM machine with only a trial version of Windows and have to get the subscription or use some other OS.

I'm not saying they would (it would be an odd thing to do if you want to grow/retain market share) but they certainly could if they felt like it was a good idea.

2. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

slightly OT - but since "Locking Phones" is now illegal in Europe it really makes ZERO sense to purchase a monthly phone subscription --you are Much better off with some decent pay as you go plans -- typical subscriptions on phones cost MORE than an upfront payment after about 10 - 14 months - and you might also be able tp source the phone cheaper.Sim cards can be used in all phones now irrespextive of Operator. When you needed to upgrade a phone every year there might have been some sense in a monthly subscription - but now it doesn't really make sense any more - especially if decent wifi is universally available. With Wifi you don't need to use "Data plans" on the phone !!!! that is still usually HIDEOUSLY overpriced - especially with rediculous monthly usage like 500MB or 1 GB. Use the Wifi on your hanset - it's usually free.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why

1. Windows 10 subscriptions aren't happening. Here's why - Similar Threads - subscriptions aren't happening

2. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  3. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  4. What happened here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened here?: When I pressed Alt+F4 on the Desktop, it opened the Shutdown options prompt, as usual. I clicked "Hibernate" from the drop-down menu, then this came up-I don't know if something is wrong with my system, or it's just a typo. Please let me know....
  5. Why is this here ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this here ?: In my properties in security i find this user Account Unknow 1-5-21 ? what is this an how do i get rid of it ? submitted by /u/MFTGAMING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljek9w/why_is_this_here/
  6. Why is this happening or not happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this happening or not happening: I have 50 feature updates for may update 1903 but 1903 hasn't and won't install. Now I am downloading feature updates for 1909 but it hasn't installed either...
  7. Minor's aren't allowed to use their accounts here

in Cortana
    Minor's aren't allowed to use their accounts here: Hi. I was using Cortana for an undefined period of time and today felt that my personalization settings were reset. Checked through Cortana settings -> found "Sign In" button in Permissions & History (Cortana). Got that stupid error 0х80190005. Tried ending process,...
  8. What happened here?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened here?: Can I have some help?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-here/8fa5ac3e-d817-453d-88dc-5b27bc7070c4"
  9. Refresh Rates. What is happening here ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Refresh Rates. What is happening here ?: Long story cut short... I am having a play to try and resolve an issue with a specific program that I suspect could be graphics related. I got curious on refresh rates and found various on-line checkers that are supposed to show actual rates on your PC. Why does changing...
  10. 'tap here to decide what happens'

in Windows 10 Support
    'tap here to decide what happens': A couple of things I do not like about 8.1 are what happens when I plug in a removable drive: the 'tap here to decide what happens' message. For several reasons this is very poor. And the 'decide which app to open this file' dialog, which is a step back in usefulness....