Windows 10: Windows 10 sudden slow down

Discus and support Windows 10 sudden slow down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.167) has gone very slow with all the applications and all actions. Including booting. How does one solve it? Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnilAtluri, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Windows 10 sudden slow down

Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.167)
    has gone very slow with all the applications and all actions. Including booting.
    How does one solve it? Help!

:)

AnilAtluri, Jul 30, 2018

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 sudden slow down

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 sudden slow down

1. Windows 10 sudden slow down - Similar Threads - sudden slow down

2. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down: Hello,My computer basically slowed down overnight!It was perfectly fine and now it's slow on boot up AND when opening applications.B450 Motherboard, 32GB RAM, Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB, Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.9GHz 12-CoreMy boot drive is a 480GB SSD 2TB HDD...
  3. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down: Hello,My computer basically slowed down overnight!It was perfectly fine and now it's slow on boot up AND when opening applications.B450 Motherboard, 32GB RAM, Graphics Card: AMD Radeon RX 570 8GB, Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.9GHz 12-CoreMy boot drive is a 480GB SSD 2TB HDD...
  4. My Windows 10 Desktop Suddenly Slowed Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My Laptop Suddenly Slowed Down

My Laptop Suddenly Slowed Down: Since Saturday I’ve noticed my Laptop has been very very slow and I don’t know why. Is there anything I can check to try and fix it?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-suddenly-slowed-down/bf1485be-ac76-4fbd-9546-7882a30fe482
  6. Computer slowing down all of a sudden

Computer slowing down all of a sudden: Hello, i wanted to know why my computer had become EXTREMELY slow after a blue screen. Could this be caused from gaming bcuz i use a gaming laptop and whenever i run games on it cpu runs at 95c. After the blue screen my computer has been so slow that it wont even open discord...
  7. My Laptop Suddenly Slowed Down

My Laptop Suddenly Slowed Down: Hello everyone. About 3 days ago my computer got incredibly slow. At first I thought it was because of Windows 11 because I had recently upgraded to Windows 11. So I contacted the technical team of my computer's vendor and reinstalled Windows 10, that is, I formatted the...
  8. Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot time slowed down suddenly on Windows 10: Hi,I read in many articles about the benefits of DISABLING the "Fast-Startup" feature in Windows 10 , so I tried it once.As expected the startup slowed down a lot......... I was not pleased with the slow boot timings so after two days, I ENABLED it back again........... but...
  9. Sudden slow down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sudden slow down: 3 hours ago on my brand new laptop, all windows animations started becoming very choppy out of nowhere. It makes the computer feel slow. Does anyone know why all of a sudden all of the windows animations have become so slow? If this helps anything I have a 1650 to graphics...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly slowed down

Windows 10 suddenly slowed down: I have a Asus K501u laptop and I’m running Windows 10 on it. This afternoon, before I put my laptop to sleep, my laptop worked fine and when i opened it a few hours later, it was really slow. The touchpad is laggy, applications take forever to open and i cant get anything...