Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by NicoCampu, Sep 12, 2016.

1. NicoCampu Win User

Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

Hello! I've just started configuring a new pc. After relocating the Users folder from the SSD to the HDD drive successfully (following the tutorial in this forum), i wanted to change the name of the user folder.

I activated my starting account, deleted the dummy one for the process and also activated the admin account via cmd("net user administrator /active:yes"). Then, I signed out of my user account to enter the Admin one and proceeded to change the folder name.

Result: Administrator user isn't showing up, and my user account has started asking for a password, so i have no option but entering a password. Blank password won't let me in.

Note i wasn't using any password, nor do i have set up any MS live account or given my phone number. Is there any way to solving this besides reinstalling Windows overwriting the system drive?

:)

NicoCampu, Sep 12, 2016
  2. Mark_850 Win User

Windows 10 suddenly asks for password

Ill leave my desktop only to come back the next day and have windows ask me for a password. Ive been running 10 since launch and this only just started to happen. Ive done the whole....

• Right-click the Windows Logo (Start Button) and click "Run"
    • Type netplwiz and click "OK"
    • Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer."
    But the box is unchecked already. Any help?

Mark_850, Sep 12, 2016
  3. Windows 10 suddenly asks for password

Hi,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stared below:

1. Is the account in question a Microsoft or local account?

2. Do you have two or more accounts configured in your PC?

3. Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

For now, I suggest that if you are using a Microsoft Account navigate to
    netplwiz
    and check the box Users must enter a username and password to use this computer and reboot the PC. Once done navigate to the location again, uncheck the box reboot and check.

If you have multiple accounts configured, make sure that you select the desired account. In the event that you are using a local account, you can refer to the link below on multiple ways to remove the password access.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/disable-remove-password

Note: Also applies to Windows 10

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 12, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password

1. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password - Similar Threads - suddenly asking password

2. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  3. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networked PC suddenly asking for password??: Have two PCs both running Windows 10 Home v2004 OS build 19043.1237 v21H1. Computer A is my primary and computer B is my networked secondary. The problem is that after working fine for several years computer B suddenly started demanding a password whenever I tried to access...
  4. Networked PC suddenly asking for password??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.': So for some reason windows decided to ask for a pin on login instead of the usual password. The issue is, I dont remember ever setting up any pin at all. Is there a way to fix this? If I could somehow reset back to password instead, I would be able to login. I tried...
  6. windows 10 suddenly asking for password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 suddenly asking for password: title submitted by /u/jiviteshkadost [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m3f7mz/windows_10_suddenly_asking_for_password/
  7. Laptop suddenly asking for password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop suddenly asking for password: My laptop suddenly is asking for a password as soon as I open it. I removed the password upon opening because I’m the only one using it. It’s possible it updated. I never use the outlook email that I had to create several years ago when I got the laptop. So I have tried to go...
  8. All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    All of a sudden, Windows asks for password on startup: I've been bypassing that startup page for ages, and today its started asking for the password. I have it set up on Accounts that I dont have to enter password and also on netplwiz. However it still asks for it. I've restarted the pc 3 times and it's asked every time....
  9. Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly asking for a password.: I have Windows 10 on a home computer and I don't need the security of a password. I have it set to to boot without asking for the password. Recently, it started asking for the password. Rebooting the computer directly from that screen boots the computer without asking for the...
  10. Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10 asking for password all of a sudden: I have had Win 10 for 2 yrs and had it set to not ask for my password upon boot up. No one uses the PC other than me. Today for the first time it asked me for my password so I had to use 'forgot password' and set one up to get in. I have checked and 'netplwiz' is set NOT to...