Windows 10: Windows 10 suddenly sluggish

Discus and support Windows 10 suddenly sluggish in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Checked cpu/gpu/hd/memory usage - normal. Changed swap size to recommended - no changes. Ran SFC and fixed everything - still as sluggish. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dimasok, Mar 16, 2016.

1. dimasok Win User

Windows 10 suddenly sluggish

Checked cpu/gpu/hd/memory usage - normal. Changed swap size to recommended - no changes. Ran SFC and fixed everything - still as sluggish.
    It seems games are running just fine and all, but the general UI and everything else seems so sluggish (the general response time of applications, etc). I don't know what to do. Sometimes even closing the taskbar takes forever (the windows just lingers there until it disappears) which is the general way everything runs now.

:)

dimasok, Mar 16, 2016
  2. rexWX Win User

Experiencing slowness on the computer running Windows 10.

hallo, has there been any updates recently which make the computer very slow and sluggish within last week, or 2 ?

this must be due to OS cause I've tried different browsers, internet connections etc.

Lenovo X220, I5, Samsung EVO SSD

any ideas ?

original title: Windows 10 very slow suddenly

rexWX, Mar 16, 2016
  3. ActiveSync 4.5 suddenly sluggish, black dot in system tray

Debbie, do you have plug-ins running? If so, see if you can disable them and see if that makes a difference. If it does make a difference, then slowly add them back one at a time to find the culprit.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, assuming Windows is ok and no hardware problem I suggest two approaches as your task manager shows nothing untoward:

1. Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    This will help you determine if sthg you have installed is causing the problem

2. Use Shellexview (free, Nirsoft) - download, install
    Hide all MS extensions
    Disable all others noting the 32 bit option as well if using 64 bit Windows, which now makes this more awkward.

See if there is any improvement (no need to log off/restart).

dalchina, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 suddenly sluggish - Similar Threads - suddenly sluggish

2. Windows 10 is suddenly very sluggish and apps crash constantly, usually fast and able to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 is suddenly very sluggish and apps crash constantly, usually fast and able to...: My PC has been very fast ever since I'd first gotten it up until a few days ago. Today I thought that maybe the issue was that I haven't cleaned the PC in 3+ years sorry, so I cleaned it, but it turns out that wasn't the issue although it did make it seem a little faster,...
  3. Windows 10 is suddenly very sluggish and apps crash constantly, usually fast and able to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is suddenly very sluggish and apps crash constantly, usually fast and able to...: My PC has been very fast ever since I'd first gotten it up until a few days ago. Today I thought that maybe the issue was that I haven't cleaned the PC in 3+ years sorry, so I cleaned it, but it turns out that wasn't the issue although it did make it seem a little faster,...
  4. Windows 10 is suddenly very sluggish and apps crash constantly, usually fast and able to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed: Hi, Here's my problem. Over the course of several months, I've noticed a drop in my internet responsiveness. I finally got around to diving into the problem. My first thought was that I picked up a virus. I ran scans with Malware Hunter, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search &...
  6. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed: Hi, Here's my problem. Over the course of several months, I've noticed a drop in my internet responsiveness. I finally got around to diving into the problem. My first thought was that I picked up a virus. I ran scans with Malware Hunter, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search &...
  7. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage.: The original Q. was from Nagendra17 Windows 10 Sudden Sluggish Performance. 100% memory and disk usage. So just randomly out of the blue my brand new HP Omen laptop suddently just began to become borderline unresponsive. When I opened up task manager, I’ve noticed that...
  9. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install: Hi All, I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now. It did do a few updates, and each time, I walked back into the room to a black screen. It seemed stuck there. I tapped the...
  10. I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install

in Windows 10 Support
    I need help diagnosing a suddenly sluggish stuttering Win 10 install: Hi All, I started my back up Win 10 PC tonite to do any last updates before I put in in the closet and It started up oddly and is very sluggish now. It did do a few updates, and each time, I walked back into the room to a black screen. It seemed stuck there. I tapped the...