Windows 10: Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry.

Discus and support Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I did full refresh of Windows 10. Current version 10.0.17134.1 (Home) both PC's After recent updates to the security approach, partial... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by _JackD_, Aug 22, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry.

Recently I did full refresh of Windows 10. Current version 10.0.17134.1 (Home) both PC's

After recent updates to the security approach, partial removal of WORKGROUP and totally messing up my existing working setup I had to revamp my setup. In order to fix/install some of my applications I ran into an issue of identifying Users on my PC, accessing it on the network etc.

After Installing Ashampoo Backup Pro 12 _ashbackuppb_ account comes up as Administrator and DEFAULT (?)
    It is not listed in the User Accounts, it has its own C:\Users\_ashbackuppb_ directory.
    In general this backup program seems to run well and I'm pleased with it but is it some kind of hijack?

My actual account doesn't come up at all (?) - only as Windows Defender Application Guard

fixy2 - Guest - WDAGUtilityAccount

Settings - Your Info - it has correct data for my Microsoft account and it shows Administrator.

PC 1 - JACEK-DESKTOP

Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry. 99e1ecb5-e694-4e5d-bb9d-653595d38fda?upload=true.jpg

Now: This is the screenshot from my DESKTOP-2 PC - it doesn't have Ashampoo Backup installed:

Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry. [​IMG]

:)

_JackD_, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Polarman Win User

All Ashampoo Software for 10$

I was checking Ashampoo's site if they had any updates and saw this.

All Ashampoo Software for 10$ (Except CAD software and packs)

Finishes October 10th.

Polarman, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Gmail suspicious activity alert?

I'd definitely setup two-step verification like MailMan suggested. I actually just set it up myself, and have a similar feature on Facebook as well. Better safe than sorry! *Toast :toast:

f22a4bandit, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - suspicious USER setup - ASHAMPOO entry. - Similar Threads - suspicious USER setup

2. Suspicious entries in dns cache

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious entries in dns cache: I've spotted some suspicious entries in the dns cache. The domains seem to be of chinese origin and they have been reported by some as malware. I've run anti-malware programs, flushed the dns cache, changed the preferred dns, restarted my computer and so on, but they are...
  3. Suspicious entries in dns cache

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suspicious entries in dns cache: I've spotted some suspicious entries in the dns cache. The domains seem to be of chinese origin and they have been reported by some as malware. I've run anti-malware programs, flushed the dns cache, changed the preferred dns, restarted my computer and so on, but they are...
  4. DNS Cache Suspicious Entries

DNS Cache Suspicious Entries: Hello, I have a DNS entry which never goes away even after flushing it multiple times and restarting the machine. I would like to know if there is a way to identify which program/application is constantly trying to access the network so that I can remove this suspicious...
  5. Windows 10 first user setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 first user setup.: I just received a new Dell desktop with Window 10 Pro. As the first user and going through the initial setup I can't get past the birth date entry to continue the setup. The setup will not accept any birth date I enter and as a result I cannot continue. Don't know what to...
  6. Suspicious Registry Entry. Should I remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Suspicious Registry Entry. Should I remove it?: Hi! Recently, I was tricked into installing a dubious Android emulator called GameLoop. I find it dubious because when it was running, it registered a service that has an string of Asian characters as a name I think Chinese. I just do not like to have any service I don't know...
  7. Burning CD with Ashampoo

Burning CD with Ashampoo: I am trying to burn audio CDs using Ashampoo. When I burn a disc instead of being WAV files they turn into other kinds of files (e.g. VLC or CD Audio Track and these have no title info and are all uniformly 1KB) that cannot be played on a stereo. What is going on?...
  8. Suspicious entries in Hosts file

Suspicious entries in Hosts file: Hi, i am here today because I have found some things that I believe are malware. They are in my hosts file. [ATTACH] I am sure that there is something wrong but is it safe to delete everything? Please get back to me...
  9. Ashampoo's TrackOFF Elite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ashampoo's TrackOFF Elite: This was the latest temptation which they sent me. It sounds impressive, but I wonder if it is of much, if any, benefit to the current Windows 10. Any comments anyone? 130173
  10. Administration user setup on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administration user setup on Windows 10: I am running Windows 10. In Network and Sharing Centre, I am unable to turn on File and Printer Sharing. It allows me to select it but when I save and then go back in, it is turned off again. I have followed many threads in various forums but have been unable to come up...