Windows 10: Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update

Discus and support Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently noticed last week after an update that my storage space had been reduced greatly. I do not have a windows.old folder. I ran CCleaner as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by amitmaraj, Aug 22, 2018.

1. amitmaraj Win User

Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update

I recently noticed last week after an update that my storage space had been reduced greatly. I do not have a windows.old folder. I ran CCleaner as well.
    I also check for bsod memory dumps, ran storage sense and disk cleanup

Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update [​IMG]

Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update [​IMG]

:)

amitmaraj, Aug 22, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Can't update because of a lack of storage space

Hi Scott,

Updating Windows 10 adds new features and security patches which require additional storage space on your hard drive. Update files are also compressed and need to be expanded during the update process. Normally, it is recommended that you have at least 8GB
    of free space on your device before applying a major update.

A few example of the things that eat up precious hard drive space are Windows temporary files, temporary internet files, downloaded program files, and offline web pages. To help free up space on your computer, we suggest that you use the
    Disk Cleanup tool. This lets you remove files that are no longer needed or that can be safely deleted. To delete temporary files:

• Search for Disk Cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

• Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• In Disk Cleanup, select Clean up system files.

• Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.

• Select OK.

You may also refer to the following article on how to free up more space for the update:

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update

Can't Free Up Storage OnHP Stream 11 Running Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to delete the temporary files and free up the storage space on Windows 10 Operating System, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10

Step 2: I suggest you to check the storage capacity of each of the drives in
    Windows Explorer.

• Press Windows key, type This PC, select it.
    • Right click on each of the drives and click on Properties.
    • Also, you can perform Disk Cleanup from the
      Step 2
      as well.
    • Select the files to be delete on each of the drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update

1. Windows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update - Similar Threads - System files using

2. Storage Spaces using Powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Spaces using Powershell: Hi, I'm trying to use Storage Spaces. On Windows 11. I have 1 Samsung 500GB SSD Boot. I have 3 Samsung 500GB SSD's. For Storage Spaces. On a Pcie x16. I want to use Simple No Resiliency. RAID 0. I tried "Get-PhysicalDisk." It shows 5 drives. 4 Samsung SSD's and 1 Western...
  3. System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space: Can I see what is using a lot of space in system>storage>other?...like in my laptop it is showing other 8.54gb is used but doesnt show which folder is using only a few folders are showing.It is written that" THESE ARE SOME OF THE LARGEST FOLDERS WE COULDNT CHARACTERIZE. THESE...
  4. System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space: Can I see what is using a lot of space in system>storage>other?...like in my laptop it is showing other 8.54gb is used but doesnt show which folder is using only a few folders are showing.It is written that" THESE ARE SOME OF THE LARGEST FOLDERS WE COULDNT CHARACTERIZE. THESE...
  5. System files taking up 85GB of storage space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System files taking up 85GB of storage space: Today I got a system notification on Windows 10 telling me that my C: drive is full, so I checked where most of the used space came from and found this. It seems like 85GB out of my 111GB drive are being occupied by system files, here you can see how 77GB are being used by...
  6. "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "System Files" & System and Reserved eating storage space: Hi there, I have a question about my brand newly bought HP stream laptop. I bought this about a week ago and around two days ago I got a notification that I was low on storage. This alarmed me because I hadn't downloaded anything onto here. ANYTHING. So, I checked it out and...
  7. After 2004 update storage space files are read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 2004 update storage space files are read only: My user is an admin and admin group is owner of the storage space. I cannot rename, move, delete anything in my storage space. I tried retaking ownership and applying to all subfolders, but there is an error for every file. I also tried unchecking read only but I get an...
  8. External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive not detected after using as storage space for Windows 10 update: I cannot access my external hard drive after I tried to use it for storage space for a Windows 10 update. How can I access my files without reformatting my drive? When I go into disk management the option to choose a driver is not available....
  9. Widows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Widows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update: I recently noticed last week after an update that my storage space had been reduced greatly. I do not have a windows.old folder. I ran CCleaner as well. I also check for bsod memory dumps, ran storage sense and disk cleanup [img] [img] 116382
  10. Widows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Widows 10 System files using 95Gb storage space after update: I recently noticed last week after an update that my storage space had been reduced greatly. I do not have a windows.old folder. I ran CCleaner as well. I also check for bsod memory dumps, ran storage sense and disk cleanup [img] [img] 116382