Windows 10: Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server

Discus and support Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I we have windows 2008 file server - where one of windows 10 system - even is should down - it shows open file session on file server. Is their any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tushar Joshi, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server

I we have windows 2008 file server - where one of windows 10 system - even is should down - it shows open file session on file server. Is their any update of patch for windows 10 which can fix this issue.

It will be a great help for me .

Tushar Joshi

:)

Tushar Joshi, Jul 28, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 28, 2018
  3. malware Win User
    Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Jul 28, 2018
  4. AM*
    Am* Win User

Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

Thema:

Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server

1. Windows 10 system - Open file session on file server - Similar Threads - system Open file

2. Windows 10 system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 system file: I accidentally delete the windows system file and I restarted and I come to the surface UFEI AND IT KEEP LOOP after I go check is the problem of the missing file I can’t go to system file checker what should I do!...
  3. Attempting to open a file of type 'system file' (.dll)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Attempting to open a file of type 'system file' (.dll): A couple weeks ago, my computer crashed while running MS Excel. After rebooting, I wasn't able to save the recovered files. A window would pop up saying it's trying to connect with "C:\Users\satchitbanada" but, for some reason it wasn't connecting. When I opened file...
  4. File system error when opening *.png files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error when opening *.png files?: Hey, As of today, when I open a *.png file, the message appears: *file + path* File system error (-2143322102) I have not installed or downloaded anything before, let alone changed anything on the system or the like. The file format *.png is set to the program...
  5. Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Running exe file creates extra session on Windows 10 Server: We got a temporary file share on a Windows10 server and I moved my .exe to the file share. I ran the application but it seemed to create extra sessions on the server. The application ran just fine. No problems. Did some webx with Lynn, and find out the .exe promote...
  6. file system is not opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file system is not opened: why does it say file system is not open when i try to save something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/file-system-is-not-opened/5fb9d779-cdd5-4308-ac91-9a0bfa2ba10e
  7. "File System Error" on opening Image files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "File System Error" on opening Image files: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro Version 1803. I encounter a problem recently that when I open any image file, Photos app opens and closes with a flash and showing this error on all kind of pictures. [ATTACH] One change I have observed it that a new app auto installed...
  8. The File System in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    The File System in Windows 10: I was just wondering whether there has been any mention of updates for NTFS. I remember some time ago they were thinking of changing away from NTFS but that never happened. So do we know if NTFS has been changed/modified in any way for Windows 10? 7142
  9. Building a Windows NAS server -- file system problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Building a Windows NAS server -- file system problem: Hi there My friend wants me to set up a NAS server for him - but wants to use WINDOWS -- strange choice but it's doable and I suppose it will be less hassle to keep fixing Windows than allowing him to hose up a Linux system if he's never used Linux before. Hardware is...
  10. Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File System Error when opening graphics files: This is a clean Windows 10 Pro 64-bit install on a home-built system (ASUS Sabertooth X99 with an i7). When attempting to open graphics files (JPG, GIF, etc) this is the error that pops up: File System Error (-2147098360) [img] 17167