Windows 10: Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1%

Discus and support Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1% in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone. Last night I upgraded my laptop running Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with the media creation tool. I wanted to have a clean install, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by estoque, Jul 31, 2015.

1. estoque Win User

Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1%

Hello everyone. Last night I upgraded my laptop running Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 with the media creation tool. I wanted to have a clean install, so I went into the settings and reset my PC so it would be like a clean install instead of using the ISO and booting from a usb disk drive.

Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1% [​IMG]

Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1% [​IMG]

It has been a couple of hours since it started and it has been stuck on "Resetting this PC 1%". What should I do in this scenario to fix it? Thanks.

:)

estoque, Jul 31, 2015
  2. Riel Alc Win User

System reset stuck at 1% all night

Hi Emma,

For better assistance, which build and version of Windows 10 are you running on your device?

Note: To check the build and version, press Windows key + R > type
    winver > hit Enter.

To resolve the issue with the Windows 10 Reset option, please check this
    thread

For more recovery options in Windows 10, check this article.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jul 31, 2015
  3. EmmaG33 Win User
    System reset stuck at 1% all night

Hey guys,

I have a toshiba satellite with windows 10 that i barely use anymore so Im selling it. Went to do a system reset through settings>update and security>Recovery and it was stuck at 1% for over 5 hours.

Im selling it to a family friend and i have virtually no personal information on it so Im not too worried from that perspective, i mainly just want to delete my admin account from the computer so she can use it as an admin.

Let me know your recommendations.

EmmaG33, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1%

1. Windows 10 system reset stuck at 1% - Similar Threads - system reset stuck

2. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  3. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset Stuck At 1%: I tried factory resetting my PC since it was running slowly, but it has been stuck at 1% for like an hour. I am aware that these take up to 3 hrs, but I dont think it should still be at 1%. The PC is pretty old, and thats why I’m resetting it. It’s an XPS 8500 I think....
  4. Factory Reset Stuck At 1%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. my windows reset and stuck on 1%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows reset and stuck on 1%: my windows reset and stuck on 1% and when i turned the pc off, it will windows volume2 and it restart again and again and now i can't do nothing ,please help me...
  6. my windows reset and stuck on 1%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows reset and stuck on 1%: my windows reset and stuck on 1% and when i turned the pc off, it will windows volume2 and it restart again and again and now i can't do nothing ,please help me...
  7. my windows reset and stuck on 1%

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. System Reset Stuck

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Reset Stuck: Hi all at r/windows 10. I recently came into possession of a family member's used HP Stream laptop which is running Windows 10 (which I've got little to no experiece with -- my other devices run 8.1). I wanted to clean it all, so I chose to Reset the PC. First, it told me...
  9. Resetting this PC stuck at 1%.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Resetting this PC stuck at 1%.: I reset my PC with Keep my Files, but it has been stuck at 1%. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-this-pc-stuck-at-1/b2313f5a-ca92-44ff-bbe6-02da045b29bb
  10. Windows 10 reset system stuck at 88%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 reset system stuck at 88%: I chose to give the fresh start function a try today as my 4year old laptop is really slow and kept shutting down on it self. I need to keep all my files as I have some school work and other important visa documents in my harddrive. It's been stuck on 88%for 2hours. I noticed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows reset stuck at 1%

2. toshiba satellite hard reset frozen at 1%

3. i decided to reset windows 10 stuck at 1%

4. reset pc stuck 1%,
  5. windows 10 recovery option stuck at 1%,
  6. i am resseting windows 10 pc and stuck on 1%,
  7. resetting this pc stuck at 1%,
  8. should your computer be stuck at a 1% for hours on a factory reset,
  9. win 10 working on updates stuck 1%,
  10. windows 10 recovery stuck at 1%,
  11. windows 10 reset 1%,