Windows 10: Windows 10 system restore issues

Discus and support Windows 10 system restore issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've recently system restored my pc, but am experiencing difficulties in setting everything back up. I am asked for my location, timezone, whether I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Nyandroo, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Nyandroo Win User

Windows 10 system restore issues

I've recently system restored my pc, but am experiencing difficulties in setting everything back up. I am asked for my location, timezone, whether I want express settings etc. However once I complete these steps my pc will load as if to proceed, reset and then ask for the exact same things. Any help will be really appreciated, cheers.

:)

Nyandroo, Aug 9, 2016
  2. Lanetron Win User

Windows 10 issues after System Restore

I was downloading mods for minecraft when i noticed a survey popped up in my browser. Then i ran ccleaner and symantec endpoint protection but i did not find anything. also i accidentally clicked on an add that said download drivers(my internet was lagging
    and i was trying to close the page.) So i executed a system restore/rollback to when my computer was updated three days ago. Now my computer does not work it shows error messages and the screen will go black after being on for a while. I have windows ten pro
    asus m5a9fx motherboard radeon r7 graphics and amd processor and 16 gigs ddr3 ram. please help

***Post moved to the appropriate forum category, and subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

[Original Title: System Restore]

Lanetron, Aug 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 issues after System Restore

Answer-by-number:

1. Does the computer-in-question belong to you or your employer?

2. How did you obtain Symantec Endpoint Protection?

3. Do you have backups of ALL the changes CCleaner's Registry Cleaner component has EVER made to the computer?

5. Is it the same computer - not necessarily the same problem - as in one or both of these other recent threads of yours?...

Crackling noise

I cannot get pre installed windows ten applications to work

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 9, 2016
  4. Windows 10 system restore issues

It has been a known issue with OOB setup if an OEM installation is done. As OEM bloatware doesnt allow to complete the OOB setup.
    Disable secure boot if that fixes your problem.. If no go try these steps.

1. Either boot from a windows DVD or windows 10 USB..
    If you dont have any of those... Try to crash the computer by powering off as soon as it starts loading windows (moving dots) 3 times..
    2. If you are crashing you system jump to step 4
    3.. Choose repair your computer if you are booting from a DVD...
    4. Troubleshoot>> Advanced Options... and choose startup repair. If not resolved
    5. Same steps and choose > System restore.. If you face the same issue after a system restore.
    5. Try to reset without Losing files.. It will delete all the programs though.

manish9009, Aug 9, 2016
  5. Nyandroo Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm struggling to actually get the option to disable secure boot, to my knowledge you hold shift upon resetting but am having no luck. I'm able to get up the start-up settings if that's of any use. My knowledge on PCs isn't fantastic though so I'm not completely sure on what these 9 settings do outside of enabling safe mode, which a friend said to try but I had no luck with that.

As for resetting as the Windows icon is loading I'm given a screen that says error code: 0xc0000001.

Nyandroo, Aug 10, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    simrick, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Nyandroo Win User
    I did contact my Pc manufacturer the same time I made this post and appear to have solved the problem anyway. Once I can confirm I'll quote / print screen a copy of the email I received for the benefit of anyone else struggling with this problem. Thank you for your reply though. :]

Nyandroo, Aug 10, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Okay sounds good.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 system restore issues - Similar Threads - system restore issues

2. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore issues: Hello,Prior to completing a system restore, the mouse would act on its own and would open browsers and would not allow me to close apps. A clear bubble would appear almost as if another person was controlling the laptop. It got so bad that I could not move the mouse or...
  3. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore issues: Hello,Prior to completing a system restore, the mouse would act on its own and would open browsers and would not allow me to close apps. A clear bubble would appear almost as if another person was controlling the laptop. It got so bad that I could not move the mouse or...
  4. System restore issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 System restore- password issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 System restore- password issue: SYSTEM RESTORE LOCKS ME OUT;Currently on holiday and following a system restore laptop doesnt boot properly. At screen where p\word requested after entering my MS acct e mail, I can't recall p\word as only use PIN, and don't have back up paperCopy with me Why isn't PIN option...
  6. Windows 10 System restore- password issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 System restore- password issue: SYSTEM RESTORE LOCKS ME OUT;Currently on holiday and following a system restore laptop doesnt boot properly. At screen where p\word requested after entering my MS acct e mail, I can't recall p\word as only use PIN, and don't have back up paperCopy with me Why isn't PIN option...
  7. Windows 10 System restore- password issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. System Restore issue

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore issue: Win 10 Pro 20H2 I'll try to be brief. While trying to resolve an issue with Google Chrome I thought I may have caused and getting no where with my efforts to fix it I resorted to system restore, this solution has very rarely failed for me in all incarnations of Windows I've...
  9. System restore issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System restore issue: I had to performe a system restore but it failed and the laptop shut down but when it booted up again i was met with just a black screen and some times a cursor. Any help apreiciated i dont know what to do how to stary in safe moder or how to trigger the auto repair...
  10. System Restore issues.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore issues.: I had to do a SystRestore the other day. I don't know if it actually restored all of the things that I uninstalled that day, but based on Device Maintenance (I got rid of all Windows apps), not all audio drivers that were previously listed are now listed. At least I have...