Windows 10: Windows 10 TAPI

Discus and support Windows 10 TAPI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't seem to get any caller ID software to work with Windows 10. I have a LSI PCI-SV92EX Soft Modem with the latest drivers and Windows reports that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HometownDigital, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Windows 10 TAPI

I can't seem to get any caller ID software to work with Windows 10. I have a LSI PCI-SV92EX Soft Modem with the latest drivers and Windows reports that the device is working properly and I am able to communicate with the modem, it returns an OK for the initialization string AT+VCID=1 and the software displays the incoming call alert but does not populate it with the number, it just says N/A.

The modem returned the caller ID info using Windows 7, but since upgrading to Windows 10 no caller ID info. I'm suspecting that the problem lies with the TAPI in Windows 10 and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with caller ID display software in Windows 10?

I have tried several different Caller ID programs and all have the exact same issue of no number being displayed.

:)

HometownDigital, Aug 13, 2015
  2. a_Rob_1 Win User

TAPI stopped working after Windows Creator's edition update

I have a program, which I developed in .net and sell as shareware. This program uses Microsoft's Telephony Application Programming Interface (TAPI) to access tapi complaint devices such as the Hiro H50113 modem or the Way2Call Hi-Phone Desktop Pro.

Unfortunately, immediately following the Windows 10 Creators’ update (Version 1703 – OS Build 15063.138) tapi no longer seems to be available on my machine.

That is to say, while my program can access devices directly (by using AT commands) it can not access them via tapi.

I’ve checked other machines and following the Windows Creator's edition update they are working ok with my program. So the problem seems to be localized to my machine.

Also, I checked Microsoft’s own fax and scan program – which also uses tapi – and it too does not recognize tapi devices following the Windows 10 Creators’ update my machine.

Additionally, from the windows Control Panel the ‘Phone and Modems’ option does not open up – it just hangs on my machine.

Working thru this post:

Small issue after upgrading to creator's update Solved - Windows 10 Forums

none of the ideas presented helped.

In the MS Event Log there is a 7000 error for Service Control Manager, its details read:

The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error:

The request is not supported.

I’ve searched for that too, but no luck.

This was not a problem prior to the Windows 10 Creators’ update.

I really really really want to avoid a reinstall of the OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

a_Rob_1, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Modem Wave Driver Issue

The same issue occurs with CallClerk in Windows 10 Nov update. This appears to be a Windows issue. Is anyone at Microsoft working on the issue? TAPI voice modems are no longer supported.

AlphaBit128, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Windows 10 TAPI

+1

I am having the same issues.

It seems the windows 10 TAPI fails to initialize! I can not believe how Microsoft could release like that and not fix it yet.

Here is how to reproduce it - download sample code from here. And run the program and see tapi.Initialize() fails to return (forever loop).

Windows 8 TAPI 3 in C# - Get Lines and make a call, see calls incomming sample in C# for Visual Studio 2010

Would appreciate a response from anyone if they have a work around. I need to for a high priority customer issue. Thanks!

win10user10, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 TAPI

1. Windows 10 TAPI - Similar Threads - TAPI

2. Saya ingin masuk di akun Facebook lama saya tapi saya lupa kata sandi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saya ingin masuk di akun Facebook lama saya tapi saya lupa kata sandi: Saya ingin masuk di akun Facebook lama saya tapi lupa kata sandi jadi saya ingin masuk tapi susa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saya-ingin-masuk-di-akun-facebook-lama-saya-tapi/fff4cc60-25d1-4bfd-a6fd-72f1f361f93b
  3. Saya ingin masuk di akun Facebook lama saya tapi saya lupa kata sandi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saya ingin masuk di akun Facebook lama saya tapi saya lupa kata sandi: Saya ingin masuk di akun Facebook lama saya tapi lupa kata sandi jadi saya ingin masuk tapi susa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saya-ingin-masuk-di-akun-facebook-lama-saya-tapi/fff4cc60-25d1-4bfd-a6fd-72f1f361f93b
  4. TAPI driver for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TAPI driver for windows 10: I do not find any news/updates on TAPI for windows 10.Here's a list for updates for TAPI till windows 7.Are there any TAPI drivers for windows 10 32-bit or 64-bit?.Thank you...
  5. Windows 10 TAPI intialize fails!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 TAPI intialize fails!: I am having the issues with TAPI and my search shows that all users face the same. It seems the windows 10 TAPI fails to initialize! I can not believe how Microsoft could release like that and not fix it yet. Here is how to reproduce it - download sample code from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 tapi

2. 80000048 tapi windows 10 way2call