Windows 10: Windows 10 task manager reports crazy high cpu speed

Discus and support Windows 10 task manager reports crazy high cpu speed in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Anyone eperienced this before? My cpu is a 3.8ghz oc'd to 4.5. task manager does report max speed being 4.5ghz. But live report is reporting as high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fusk, Jun 3, 2016.

1. fusk Win User

Windows 10 task manager reports crazy high cpu speed

Anyone eperienced this before?
    My cpu is a 3.8ghz oc'd to 4.5. task manager does report max speed being 4.5ghz. But live report is reporting as high as 5.9ghz.

Windows 10 task manager reports crazy high cpu speed [​IMG]

Is this just a bug ?

:)

fusk, Jun 3, 2016

2. Task manager shows incorrect RAM speeds...

It is actually a bug occurring primarily with many AMD boards. CPU-Z and bios will report accurate speeds (CPU-Z always will report half speed and thats correct) yet the task manager which usually reports full speed is reporting only half speed also.

Its a confirmed windows bug that is caused by the smbios info not being read right. It does not impact performance or memory allocation and microsoft reccommend using another software to measure speed.

MagikSeven, Jun 3, 2016
  3. bluecew Win User
    Frustrating problem while playing video games, need help!

No safe mode did not fix the problem. And when the update speed is set to high in task manager, and i open it, for a second i can see the cpu usage is high then immediately drops down??

bluecew, Jun 3, 2016
  4. Carsomyr Win User

How did you overclock it?

Carsomyr, Jun 3, 2016
  5. fusk Win User
    45 multiplier at some voltage i don't remember. 1.255 i think.

fusk, Jun 3, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    I'd also take a look at the Resource Monitor, it's the "Abn" link at the bottom of your panel.

Berton, Jun 3, 2016
  7. fusk Win User
    Clocks aren't reported in the resource monitor, only which process is taking up what resource. So what do you want me to look for ?

fusk, Jun 3, 2016
  8. Mystere Win User

Many of the newer processors have a "Turbo" speed mode, that will temporarily enable a faster speed. For instance, your processor, the 4670K has a base speed of 3.4Ghz with a Turbo speed of 3.8Ghz. When you overclock, it increases the gap of this frequency. It's a multiplier, just like your CPU multiplier.

Mystere, Jun 7, 2016
  9. fusk Win User
    The way you write that makes it look like you're saying that 5.9ghz is my new turbo speed. But i think what you were trying to say was that the task manager is showing what it thinks is the new turbo speed by using 4.5ghz as the base for it's calculation, right? So in essences, it's a bug.

fusk, Jun 7, 2016
  10. Mystere Win User
    It's hard to know what the actual turbo speed is. I don't know if it's a bug so much as just something that is hard to be accurate when you are overclocking. How are you doing the overclocking anyways? Are you increasing the multiplier, or increasing the base frequency? Increasing the multiplier should be more accurate. Increasing the base frequency is likely to be harder to calculate.

Mystere, Jun 7, 2016
  11. fusk Win User
    As mentioned further above, it's oc'd with multiplier at 45. I'm not sure i understand what you mean by "it's hard to know what the actual turbo is" Because we know exactly what the turbo is.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 task manager reports crazy high cpu speed - Similar Threads - task manager reports

2. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  3. High cpu percentage on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu percentage on task manager: For the past few days I have noticed higher cpu percentage on task manager, can someone tell me why this is happening. I have a ryzen 7 5700u with windows 11. I also have malwarebytes premium trial so I don't think this has anything to do with malware....
  4. Task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager cpu speed: So my task manager shows 1.50 ghz speed, even if i open a ton of apps, its usually below that but when i try to max it out it only caps at 1.5 ghz. And it shows the max seed is 1.8 ghz yet i can go more than 5 ghz,My pc specs:Dell inspiron 14 5410, i7 1196G7. 12 gb ram with...
  5. Task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager cpu speed: So my task manager shows 1.50 ghz speed, even if i open a ton of apps, its usually below that but when i try to max it out it only caps at 1.5 ghz. And it shows the max seed is 1.8 ghz yet i can go more than 5 ghz,My pc specs:Dell inspiron 14 5410, i7 1196G7. 12 gb ram with...
  6. Task Manager reporting 100% CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager reporting 100% CPU Usage: So very recently my task manager has started reporting that my CPU has 100% usage all the time even when idle, Then it will drop to around 25% but shoot back up again way above what it actually is. However I know that this is not the case. This is because I have 3 other...
  7. Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Task Manager showing high cpu speed with little or no Cpu utilization: Several windows 10 devices are showing high cpu speeds with litte or no Cpu Utilization in Task Manager. All or most of the devices use Windows 10 Pro 20H2 with build number ending with .868. On the newest desktop, I had installed .870 build. I tried removing .870 and...
  8. Task manager reporting surreal CPU frequencies

Task manager reporting surreal CPU frequencies: I've recently purchased a computer with an i7 2700k (Sandy Bridge-DT) on a Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV rev 2.2 motherboard. I installed Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool (version 1903), and from day 1 I'm getting problems with Task manager's CPU frequency readings. Other tools...
  9. Task Manager reporting high processor frequency

Task Manager reporting high processor frequency: After upgrading to version 1809, I've noticed that the Task Manager shows the processor is constantly at turbo boost and running at its highest frequency although Edge is the only app running on this PC at the moment. Performance tab: [ATTACH] Processes tab: [ATTACH]...
  10. task manager cpu speed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task manager cpu speed: Just this past month my cpu speed is down to around 1.5GHz but it used to be around 2.5GHz. My computer is also slower. Does anyone know why this is and how to solve this issue? 62782

Users found this page by searching for:

1. task manager reports cpu speed as hertz

2. windows 10 reports cpu incorrectly

3. windows 10 task manager bug cpu high

4. windows 10 incorrectly reports cpu speed