Windows 10: Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?

Discus and support Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, please help me figure this out, I would like to change default folder icon, but don't know how. I think it can be done with regedit, but I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drejz, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Drejz Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change?

Hello, please help me figure this out, I would like to change default folder icon, but don't know how. I think it can be done with regedit, but I need a little help to navigate where and what to change, please help *Smile

This icon appears when you open any folder.

Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change? [​IMG]

:)

Drejz, Nov 12, 2015
  2. lsheffie Win User

taskbar

This is my problem exactly! I am trying to get the Cortana search box back onto the taskbar but when I right click on an empty space on the taskbar, all I get is "show notification icons," "show app icons," "automatically hide taskbar," etc. And I can't
    find taskbar preferences that will give me back the default search box in settings. Help please.

lsheffie, Nov 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Folder Icon

I also face the same problem, the default icon has caused GREAT PROBLEM and NO ONE can resolve this issue.

Thanks to Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary!

william_tan_WL, Nov 12, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

One thing Win10 left out is on the right-click and Properties of a Taskbar shortcut, can't change things. For File Explorer I first Unpinned it from the Taskbar then I opened File Explorer, right-clicked This PC and chose Send to which allowed creating a new shortcut on the Desktop which gives a generic icon. Then I right-clicked it and Properties then Change icon to choose a different one. Then I dragged the shortcut to the Taskbar. I do have one small program that doesn't have to be installed to run and haven't been able to do the same with it, not a 'biggie'.

Berton, Nov 12, 2015
  5. mamarkuat Win User
    try to use windows 10 manager, it's work perfectly

mamarkuat, Nov 13, 2015
  6. Berton Win User
    Berton, Nov 13, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    You can edit the taskbar shortcuts here:
    %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

I changed File Explorer to a ! in a yellow triangle:

You need to rebuild the icon cache for the effects to take place (i.e. see your changed icon). See Icon Cache - Rebuild in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

8. b1rd Win User

b1rd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Taskbar "Default" folder icon change? - Similar Threads - Taskbar Default folder

2. Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing default folder icon view in File Explorer Windows 10: Hi there,Actually , I wanted to customize my file explorer by changing the default folder icons. I just did it by following these steps:-1 Open 'Registry Editor' and go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer'2 Then I just right-clicked on...
  3. Change default folder icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default folder icon: Hello, I wanted to know if it is possible to change the icon of the yellow folder in explorer not only for one as you showed but for all the yellow folders in one action. thank you 169110
  4. Default Icons change Windows 10?

Default Icons change Windows 10?: Hey, I want to change the icon on my phone, SD card and USB stick when I plug them into my PC. Does anyone know how to do that? [ATTACH] Default Icons ändern Windows 10?
  5. Windows default taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows default taskbar icons: Is there a way to change the icon or color of the windows start button on taskbar? same with search too. I’ve changed chrome, steam, discord , etc to red but I can’t find a way to change those icons. Thank you in advance! submitted by /u/Aymiry [link] [comments]...
  6. Change folder icons by default?

Change folder icons by default?: Hello i have a server and i use because i have so many folders i have icons for the folders but when i access them on another pc there are only empty folders and i have to set them again i can save the icons https://www.gutefrage.net/frage/ordner-icons-standardmaessig-aendern
  7. How to change or restore default icon for a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change or restore default icon for a Folder in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, your personal Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos folder are located in your account’s %UserProfile% location – for example in the C:\Users\Chidum.Osobalu folder. […] This article How to change or restore default icon for a Folder in...
  8. Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?

Is changing the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...
  9. Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?

Is changing a the default folder icon dangerous?: Hi all! I am trying to help someone who has difficulty finding things on their HDD by customising the default folder icons. Right click on folder> Customise and then I change the default icon for folders (generic yellow one) with custom icons of my own. It works really...
  10. Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail

Changing icons of default live folders with thumbnail: Hello everyone *Smile I come with a question to which at this point I am not sure if there is an answer. Back when I had Windows 7 I used Stardock IconPackager to change the icons on my pc, included the ones of the thumbnailed folders, and it worked quite well. Since...