Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/iPWfVpA.png Specs: Windows 10 x64 GTX 980ti 16GB ram I've googled with no success - I've made sure there are no ease of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WastedJoker, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game

https://i.imgur.com/iPWfVpA.png

Specs:
    Windows 10 x64
    GTX 980ti
    16GB ram

I've googled with no success - I've made sure there are no ease of access optiosn set, I've make sure taskbar is locked, I've tried restarting the windows explorer process.

If I hit the winkey the taskbar appears but if I alt-tab around it doesn't.

:)

WastedJoker, Jul 13, 2017

2. Windows 10 Borderless Fullscreen

I recently switched from Windows 7 to 10 and have found out that with multiple monitors, borderless fullscreen doesn't work as it did on Windows 7. I usually play games in borderless fullscreen so that I can easily do other things on my second monitor.
    Whenver I would click on something on my second monitor, the taskbar would appear on my main monitor. However, with Windows 10, this is not the case and the taskbar would not appear. Is there any way to make it so that if I alt tab to my second monitor my
    taskbar will popup on my main monitor?

ImaSquirtl, Jul 13, 2017
  3. Alt + Tab = Crash

Good evening,

It appears that Windows 10 keeps crashing whenever I Alt + Tab out of a game and then attempt to go back in. When I Alt + Tab back in I'm met with a black screen. Then Windows 10 freeze and I can't do anything.

Steps to reproduce:

(1) Start game

(2) Alt + Tab out

(3) Do whatever in Windows 10

(4) Alt + Tab back in

>>>Black screen

(5a) Ctrl + Alt + Delete to end process of game

(6a) No clickable buttons in Windows 10 (can't even shut down)

(5b) Ctrl + Alt + Delete

(6b) Shut down (just spins indefinitely and doesn't actually shut down)

This is a on a brand new copy of Windows 10 (not an upgrade). My current specifications are below:

-MSI SLI Plus X99 Motherboard

-16 GBs 2800 MHz RAM

-2x NVIDIA Titan X GPUs

-512 GB M2 SSD

-1600w EVGA PSU

Please advise on what is happening and if this will be fixed soon.

David_Compart, Jul 13, 2017
  4. Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game

Hmmmm, I think this is a specific driver issue from nvidia because I did a fresh install of Windows and all was fine until I enable shadowplay recording.

WastedJoker, Jul 19, 2017
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game

1. Windows 10 taskbar - doesn't appear when I alt-tab out of a game - Similar Threads - taskbar doesn't appear

2. Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen: Hello there I have had this issue for a LONG time now and really need help with it.I use a laptop with an external monitor and only have my external monitor on. So I only have one monitor on which is an LG 144hz monitor.I watch a decent amount of videos and streams and that's...
  3. Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not appearing when alt tabbing from full screen: Hello there I have had this issue for a LONG time now and really need help with it.I use a laptop with an external monitor and only have my external monitor on. So I only have one monitor on which is an LG 144hz monitor.I watch a decent amount of videos and streams and that's...
  4. Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab: as you can see there is no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-doesnt-show-when-i-alt-tab-from-a-full/385bdb24-32ed-4c8d-8b47-fa1ef642149f
  5. Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar doesn't show when i alt tab from a full screen tab to a windowed tab: as you can see there is no taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-doesnt-show-when-i-alt-tab-from-a-full/385bdb24-32ed-4c8d-8b47-fa1ef642149f
  6. I have an issue when I alt + tab out of a game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an issue when I alt + tab out of a game: When I alt + tab out of a game my computer locks up. I can still move my mouse around and highlight icons on the taskbar, but that is about it. I have been having this issue for the past few days and would love to resolve it. submitted by /u/Dakota-Wingo [link] [comments]...
  7. is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?

is there any fix to the taskbar not showing when you alt tab out of games?: just "upgraded" to this dumpsterfire and this is one thing that really bugs me, i see tons of posts about it but given how old they are im assuming solutions have been found and implemetned but i cant seem to find settings to fix this...
  8. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of games: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  9. Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game

Taskbar does not appear when Alt-tabbing out of a game: Hello all, I've just moved over from Windows 7 and am trying to find a way to turn 10's alt-tab functionality back to the way it was in 7. For example, let's say i'm playing WoW. On Windows 7 I would generally alt-tab and my task bar would appear on my main monitor for me...
  10. Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game

Taskbar missing when alt-tabbing from a game: I know this has been posted before, but it looks like it was largely posted 2-3 years ago, and I don't see any recent posts. So, my assumption is either this was fixed or there was a workaround published in the past couple years that I just can't find. In any case, if it...