Windows 10: windows 10 taskbar frozen after attempting to repair hard drive?

Discus and support windows 10 taskbar frozen after attempting to repair hard drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer was running very slowly so i scanned and repaired my hard drive but it told me it wasnt able to repair the drive and when I rebooted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by anthonyman123, Mar 8, 2018.

1. windows 10 taskbar frozen after attempting to repair hard drive?

My computer was running very slowly so i scanned and repaired my hard drive but it told me it wasnt able to repair the drive and when I rebooted my task bar no longer worked. It still loads just doesnt respond when I click on it. Ive literally tried all of the methods to fix this issue on microsofts website but nothing helps. I was using this page. (TASK BAR NOT CLICKABLE - Microsoft Community)

:)

anthonyman123, Mar 8, 2018
  2. NickAmato Win User

Windows 10 Preparing Automatic System Repair

Hello guys,

Recently I was attempting to load something that required modifying a certain DLL on my computer. After 3 BSOD's trying to figure the application out, my computer entered "automatic repair" mode. Every time it loads up, I just get a frozen black screen after
    "preparing automatic system repair".

I have an SSD which windows is installed on, and a hard drive where all of my games and videos are on.

I've tried the following:

-attempted to reinstall windows on my SSD:

Every time I do this, I get a frozen purple screen when the disk loads up

-Unplugged my hard drive and attempted to boot windows

Black screen that says: please restart and arrange boot order (SSD is being loaded)

-Unplugged my hard drive and inserted my install disk into my optical drive in attempt to reinstall windows

Frozen black screen instead of purple

What can I do?????

NickAmato, Mar 8, 2018
  3. After a reset on Windows 10 my mouse has ceased working

After a reset on Windows 10 done because my programmes stopped responding,my mouse only worked briefly but is now frozen. It is hard to repair because of the lack of the mouse

William_822, Mar 8, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

windows 10 taskbar frozen after attempting to repair hard drive?

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    @anthonyman123, welcome to TenForums.

+1 for Ed's suggestion of a repair install.

But I'm a bit worried by your...
    How did you scan the drive and what was the exact wording?

It's possible that it was just the file system that was corrupted, it's also possible the drive is failing. To be safe, you should check both before the repair install.

File system repairs to C: cannot be done while the system is running, you have to schedule a scan to run at the next boot. To do so, open a Command prompt (Admin) and type chkdsk C: /f which will then say "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)". Type Y then restart the PC.

For impending drive failure you can check the SMART data on the drive with a utility such as CrystalDisk Info. I prefer the portable version as there's no install required, you can unpack it to a usb and run it from there.
    https://portableapps.com/apps/utilit...kinfo_portable

Bree, Mar 9, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Yes, Bree is absolutely correct. If the drive itself is failing, an upgrade repair install will help only until the next drive issue pops up and then the same sequence of problems will recur. If the drive is failing, you'll need to replace it, pronto! You should also attempt an image backup at your earliest convenience. If you've not yet installed Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 9, 2018
  7. I've already replaced my hard drive once but I suppose it may be time again. Thank you for the help.

anthonyman123, Mar 10, 2018
  8. Bree New Member

@anthonyman123, only replace it if the SMART data indicates a problem - the 'reallocated sector count' is one of the big warning signs, it should remain at zero.

An error corrected by chkdsk /f isn't a hardware problem, just a mistake that the OS wrote to the disk.

9. It remains at zero and it cant fix the errors? I plan on just reinstalling windows 10.

anthonyman123, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 taskbar frozen after attempting to repair hard drive? - Similar Threads - taskbar frozen attempting

2. Windows Taskbar Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Taskbar Frozen: My Windows Taskbar is frozen, when i cant click anywhere, shortcuts like Windows + K dont work, i have tried some methods like Ctrl + Shift + Esc than do a lot of stuff... they worked, for like 3 minutes, than it freezes again...
  3. taskbar frozen

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar frozen: Can anyone here help me with this Windows 10pro issue.A couple of days ago Everytime I start it, it leads me here, desktop with no apps in taskbar. Everything else is frozen. I can't click on anything at all. Whenever I click anywhere mutiple times, It stops responding...
  4. Windows 10: frozen taskbar

Windows 10: frozen taskbar: sometimes windows taskbar stop working. when I click on it the mouse cursor starts loading, and icons disappear and reappear but it is still frozen, I tried restarting windows explorer but the problem persists.even if I restart my laptop it's still there. but it will resolve...
  5. WINDOWS 10 ATTEMPTING REPAIRS

WINDOWS 10 ATTEMPTING REPAIRS: My camera wasn’t working so I attempted some solutions I found online downloaded a driver and Lenovo settings app, then my computer went into a loop black and blue windows loading screen and I kept force shutting it down till it gave me the “automatic repair” blue window with...
  6. Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?: Dell xps 15 9550. I had this laptop for many years. Windows ten pro. I turned on my laptop and it said it was scanning and fixing my c drive. Now it went to one hundred percent complete and has been like this for quite a while now. The thing was few weeks ago, i had the...
  7. Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Ten Laptop Scanning and Repairing Drive Frozen?: Dell xps 15 9550. I had this laptop for many years. Windows ten pro. I turned on my laptop and it said it was scanning and fixing my c drive. Now it went to one hundred percent complete and has been like this for quite a while now. The thing was few weeks ago, i had the...
  8. Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Frozen Taskbar: Before I say anything, I would like to give a note for all the people who are kind enough to help me with my issue; Windows Key + *insert letter here* commands DO NOT WORK! So if you take time out of your day to help me, just know that any commands that involve the Windows...
  9. Hard Drives: What's a "Frozen state"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drives: What's a "Frozen state"?: I'm running into problems with one of my HD (Toshiba N300 4TB). It hangs and freezes for 5 minutes a lot per hour so I'm getting hundreds of the following warning entries in the Event Viewer: Source: Disk Event ID: 153 The IO operation at logical block address 0x18c6c6a8...
  10. Taskbar frozen

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar frozen: Win 10 build 1607 after few months without problem, now, taskbar frozen constantly every 30 minutes. Not help scan disk for errors. Every time I must from Task Manager to restart Win Explorer. Why? 71555