Windows 10: Windows 10 taskbar help

Discus and support Windows 10 taskbar help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, My taskbar on Windows 10 was not working. I went online and it stated I open task manager and restart it to which I did. Now the screen is black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Soh121, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Soh121 Win User

Windows 10 taskbar help

Hi,

My taskbar on Windows 10 was not working. I went online and it stated I open task manager and restart it to which I did. Now the screen is black and it showed the taskbar but the loading sign and a part of it but I still couldn't do anything so I ended it. I was told to regain it I had to Run new task in Task Manager then enter "explorer.exe". I have done this several times and nothing is changing. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

:)

Soh121, Feb 16, 2016
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Windows Task Bar

Hi Clay,

You may reset your taskbar in Windows 10. Please check How to use the taskbar to change your taskbar setup through
    Settings.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Rey Cam, Feb 16, 2016
  3. [Help. Windows 10 Taskbar Issue] Windows 10 Taskbar is unresponsive after wake from sleep

Please run a system file check (SFC) & DISM if you are on win 8 or higher

All instructions are in our Wiki article below...Should you have any questions please ask us.
    System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things
    SFC cannot

Please type the following in an elevated command prompt and paste the results in your next post

powercfg /A

powercfg /waketimers

powercfg /lastwake

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 16, 2016
  4. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 taskbar help

Started out by saying Taskbar was not working you meant when you clicked on it or did it disappear ? Solution you are trying to do it reset windows explorer, but by only ending it and restarting it there is more to it. I am not positive what going on now by way it is explained. You have blank screen now no taskbar ?

This is the resolution i believe you wanted to try https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Any system restore points you can go back on before this occurred any software or drivers installed when this happened ?

jds63, Feb 16, 2016
  5. Soh121 Win User
    Yeah sorry, task bar wasn't responding no matter what I clicked on so then I went to task manager and you know the rest... No nothing was installed. I'll give it a try thank you

Soh121, Feb 17, 2016
  6. jds63 Win User
    O.k. so you were able to access the start menu and start the task manager there. Still just a blank screen and cursor ? Your Welcome.

jds63, Feb 17, 2016
  7. Soh121 Win User
    No I wasn't able to access anything I had to press CTRL+ALT+ESC to open task manager

Soh121, Feb 17, 2016
  8. jds63 Win User

Windows 10 taskbar help

Then i do not feel above link i gave you is a solution to this matter. You have blank screen and a cursor, correct ?

jds63, Feb 17, 2016
  9. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Feb 17, 2016
  10. Soh121 Win User
    Soh121, Feb 17, 2016
  11. jds63 Win User
    I do not know much about your system, laptop, desktop and make and model. Try some of those steps to see if you can enter safe mode to know if it happens there to. Do you have Windows 10 disc made or on a USB flash drive ?

More on safe mode, still try through above link in other post https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 taskbar help

1. Windows 10 taskbar help - Similar Threads - taskbar help

2. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  3. My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar is missing. If I move the mouse over it I get the spinning circle. Please help,...: I have Windows 11, version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447I have tried everything I can find to fix the issue. When I open task manager, there is no apps running except for task manager. Explorer does not show for it to be restarted, even when I 'run new task' and turn explorer on...
  4. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  5. Help with semi unresponsive taskbar

Help with semi unresponsive taskbar: Hi, the last month my taskbar has been acting really weird on my desktop.If i start it, my taskbar works for as long as im continuously is using the computer, but if i let it fall asleep or leave it for atleast 1 hour. the taskbar "works" but i cant press down on the "power...
  6. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  7. I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...

I need some help with my taskbar, I am unable to open my settings. It has been happening...: I've been unable to open my settings and no, the windows button does not work. I am unable to open my settings and hence unable to open my settings. please help...
  8. Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar: I’ve always had trouble pinning the last file to the toolbar. Because right now, it’s able to accommodate 12 pinned files. But when I come to pin the 11th file from the most recent list, the file that would keep on appearing is this:PERSONAL.XLSBBecause my Excel files use...
  9. Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar: I’ve always had trouble pinning the last file to the toolbar. Because right now, it’s able to accommodate 12 pinned files. But when I come to pin the 11th file from the most recent list, the file that would keep on appearing is this:PERSONAL.XLSBBecause my Excel files use...
  10. Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar